[APP] NzbSearcher - 2 Dec 2011 - Version 2.0.5.6

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
newsleecher

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 6 NOV 2010 - Version 2.0.0.0

Post by newsleecher »

fanniecat wrote: It says: NzbSearcher - CRASH
NzbSearcher stopped working.
Do you want to send a crash report to the developer?

========================================================================

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at NzbSearcher.SABnzbd.Start()
  at NzbSearcher.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I install  latest version on a different machine 64 bit win7 an get same type of error. But v1.2.2.0 works ok. Any solution to this issue? k thx.
JobbeDeluxe

Bug Report

Post by JobbeDeluxe »

HI,
Thanks for this nice app!! It is the best thing i have!

But i had a big problem with the auto downloader...
The auto downloader check evrey hour for new episodes. So i have start a season with 10 episodes. Now my problem is when the download need more than 1 hour the auto downloader hast last chacked over 1 hour ago. at the same moment the download of episode 1 finished the auto downloader chack the SAME episide und 2 sek. later it will chack the new episode. so the download had two episode 1 (one finished and one at loading) and episode 2 waiting for download.
this is a problem even when i pause the download and shutdown the pc. Next day the auto downloader say last check 10 hours ago.. for exemple. and when the download finished had the same thing like the download need more than 1 hour.

Gruss Jobbe
Heimiko

Re: Bug Report

Post by Heimiko »

Hello everyone!

at long last, a new update, released version v2.0.1.3

I'm really sorry I haven't been able to update the program in the month, as I was attending a wedding (euhm, my own) which took quite a bit of time.
But now I'm back, ready to do some more programming  ;D
thanks for all the posts, questions, requests etc so far, I'll answer as many as I can, but not today, as I'm still suffering from jet-lag, not in the mood to think too much  ;)

in the meantime, enjoy a tiny update, which will fix a problem which many of you guys reported, having problems starting NzbSearcher.
smoker

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 04 JAN 2011 - Version 2.0.1.3

Post by smoker »

Thanks for great program.  I thing that is always happening when I try and save a nzb is a message "illegal characters in path"  an example of the file name is:Clive Cussler-Operatie ijsberg "Clive Cussler-Operatie ijsberg.nzb" yEnc.

I have to manually remove everything the the left and right of the " sign including the "

Is this normal?

Thanks
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

the " are illegal chars.
this was done previously, but a forum member wasn't too fond of this happening, so I removed the functionality.
I'll see if I can come up with a way in between.
JoeSmith

Post by JoeSmith »

still using your app on a daily basis.
The autodownloader is a great addition for me, as sickbeard is only able to get english series.
The search function is also great, i have finally ditched supersearch.

Some months ago i asked about rss support - have you given that one a thought ? i still think it would be a great addition to add "normal" feeds without nzbs attached and let nzbsearcher search for the given filenames, or at least display a list where the user could click on items to search and download them.

Thanks for your effort

Joe
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

Hello Joe!

Happy to hear you're still using it, as am I.  ;D
apart from some minor annoyances, I've been happy with it.
going to publish a new version soon-ish, with a few bugs fixed, and a a few minor new features.
one rather handy feature has to do with the auto-downloader, it's a regular expression result filter. works rather great!
after that release, I'll start working on some new features, RSS is a good candidate  8)
Heimiko

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 04 JAN 2011 - Version 2.0.1.5

Post by Heimiko »

Released v2.0.1.5
Ashen

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 04 FEB 2011 - Version 2.0.1.5

Post by Ashen »

Registered here mainly to say what a great program this is - thanks :)

Couple of small suggestions you may already have planned, i.e. being able to pause/resume individual downloads as well as the queue, and perhaps to browse for a NZB file already on your computer. I think the 'open NZBs directly' feature will be good (particularly sending to SABNZBD on another machine), though hopefully it can be modified so it works when it's not already running (as I don't have it open a lot of the time).

Thanks again!
Heimiko

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 20 FEB 2011 - Version 2.0.2.0

Post by Heimiko »

Released v2.0.2.0
Heimiko

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 04 FEB 2011 - Version 2.0.1.5

Post by Heimiko »

Ashen wrote: Registered here mainly to say what a great program this is - thanks :)

Couple of small suggestions you may already have planned, i.e. being able to pause/resume individual downloads as well as the queue, and perhaps to browse for a NZB file already on your computer. I think the 'open NZBs directly' feature will be good (particularly sending to SABNZBD on another machine), though hopefully it can be modified so it works when it's not already running (as I don't have it open a lot of the time).

Thanks again!
Happy to hear that you like it!  - always nice to read these kinds of comments ;-)
both of your mentioned suggestions I plan on adding, opening of NZB files while program not running soonish, the other will have to wait a little longer.
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

Hi!

Unfortunately, it's still impossible to specify a password (by separating it by a / in the friendly name) for unpacking. Many of my downloads require a password, so it'd be nice to see this feature in NzbSearcher.

It should not be difficult to implement: simply allow the special character / in the friendly name - this quick fix would just take seconds to implement and would make NzbSearcher usable for a lot more people.

Thanks!
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

FCrane wrote: Unfortunately, it's still impossible to specify a password (by separating it by a / in the friendly name) for unpacking. Many of my downloads require a password, so it'd be nice to see this feature in NzbSearcher.
It should not be difficult to implement: simply allow the special character / in the friendly name - this quick fix would just take seconds to implement and would make NzbSearcher usable for a lot more people.
you're right, it should be quite simple to add.  simply haven't got around to do it yet.  somday it'll come, hopefully before I'm old and grey-ish  :-X
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

Released v2.0.3.1
Heimiko

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 12 MAR 2011 - Version 2.0.3.4

Post by Heimiko »

Released v2.0.3.4  Released v2.0.3.5
Last edited by Heimiko on March 12th, 2011, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.