[APP] NzbSearcher - 2 Dec 2011 - Version 2.0.5.6

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
FCrane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: November 7th, 2010, 5:04 am

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 12 MAR 2011 - Version 2.0.3.5

Post by FCrane » March 16th, 2011, 8:01 am

Can you please finally allow the "/" in the friendly name so that the password feature of Sabnzbd+ can be used? Without that, your otherwise great program is useless to many people...

Regards!

User avatar
Heimiko
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 102
Joined: September 22nd, 2010, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 12 MAR 2011 - Version 2.0.3.5

Post by Heimiko » March 16th, 2011, 8:42 am

FCrane wrote: Can you please finally allow the "/" in the friendly name so that the password feature of Sabnzbd+ can be used? Without that, your otherwise great program is useless to many people...
Done! it will be in the next release. Need to finish up some some code, you can expect it within a week.

JoeSmith
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: October 4th, 2010, 8:42 am

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 12 MAR 2011 - Version 2.0.3.5

Post by JoeSmith » March 17th, 2011, 2:39 am

since 2.0.3.5 im not able to use autodownloader any longer as it is not finding any results. I'm only using nzbindex.nl as a search engine. I switched back to an older version and it all worked again. Using the "All" tab (having disabled all other unused search engines) it always says that nothing is found. Nzbindex works fine and if i type in the autodownloader generated search patterns it finds releases, but autodownloader doesn't seem to get any results.

Joe

User avatar
Heimiko
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 102
Joined: September 22nd, 2010, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 12 MAR 2011 - Version 2.0.3.5

Post by Heimiko » March 17th, 2011, 2:46 am

JoeSmith wrote: since 2.0.3.5 im not able to use autodownloader any longer as it is not finding any results. I'm only using nzbindex.nl as a search engine. I switched back to an older version and it all worked again. Using the "All" tab (having disabled all other unused search engines) it always says that nothing is found. Nzbindex works fine and if i type in the autodownloader generated search patterns it finds releases, but autodownloader doesn't seem to get any results.
interesting. I'll investigate this asap. what is the search term you're using?

remb0
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 12 MAR 2011 - Version 2.0.3.5

Post by remb0 » March 20th, 2011, 3:18 am

A great tool wich I and ma friends are using a lot!!!
But I have an question.  I have nzbsearcher on dropbox  so I can use it on my work PC and at home.
but at work I have other things in auto then home.  is it possible to store that settings in a .ini file or something?
Ithink nzbsearcher now using my registry.

When it stores the auto information (and maybe more) in a file, It can be used in my portableapps.com program at my dropbox. So everywhere the same program and same settings.

is this possible? and sorry about my poor english.

User avatar
Heimiko
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 102
Joined: September 22nd, 2010, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 12 MAR 2011 - Version 2.0.3.5

Post by Heimiko » March 20th, 2011, 3:27 am

remb0 wrote: A great tool wich I and ma friends are using a lot!!!
But I have an question.  I have nzbsearcher on dropbox  so I can use it on my work PC and at home.
but at work I have other things in auto then home.   is it possible to store that settings in a .ini file or something?
Ithink nzbsearcher now using my registry.

When it stores the auto information (and maybe more) in a file, It can be used in my portableapps.com program at my dropbox. So everywhere the same program and same settings.

is this possible? and sorry about my poor english.
Nothing is stored in the registry, all settings go to a single file, which sits in the AppData folder under your personal user folder.
writing in the program's own directory goes against policies, so if this is solely for dropbox sync support, you can setup this file to sync seperately.
the file is located at: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\NzbSearcher    (this is for vista and windows 7)

keep3r
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: March 24th, 2011, 9:41 am

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 12 MAR 2011 - Version 2.0.3.5

Post by keep3r » March 24th, 2011, 9:44 am

Hi, great tool!

Could you add https/ssl for all traffic to search providers where possible?

Could you upload the source code to sourceforge?

Thanks

User avatar
Heimiko
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 102
Joined: September 22nd, 2010, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 12 MAR 2011 - Version 2.0.3.5

Post by Heimiko » March 24th, 2011, 9:48 am

keep3r wrote: Could you add https/ssl for all traffic to search providers where possible?
Already works this way. Where possible, I use HTTPS/SSL.
keep3r wrote: Could you upload the source code to sourceforge?
not at this stage.

FCrane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: November 7th, 2010, 5:04 am

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 12 MAR 2011 - Version 2.0.3.5

Post by FCrane » April 11th, 2011, 8:42 am

Heimiko wrote:
FCrane wrote: Can you please finally allow the "/" in the friendly name so that the password feature of Sabnzbd+ can be used? Without that, your otherwise great program is useless to many people...
Done! it will be in the next release. Need to finish up some some code, you can expect it within a week.
Any news about the update?

Thanks!

User avatar
Heimiko
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 102
Joined: September 22nd, 2010, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 12 MAR 2011 - Version 2.0.3.5

Post by Heimiko » April 11th, 2011, 8:46 am

FCrane wrote: Any news about the update?
Sorry, still wrestling with some other unrelated code. I need to finish that before posting an update.
And I'm not satisfied with the "All" providers search tab, and the auto-downloader that uses it now, this needs some changing as well.
So may take a while longer, as I don't have time to do coding every evening.

User avatar
Heimiko
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 102
Joined: September 22nd, 2010, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 22 APR 2011 - Version 2.0.4.1

Post by Heimiko » April 22nd, 2011, 9:13 am

Finally released v2.0.4.1

FCrane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: November 7th, 2010, 5:04 am

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 22 APR 2011 - Version 2.0.4.1

Post by FCrane » April 25th, 2011, 3:57 am

Password still don't work :-( The "/" becomes a "+" in Sabnzbd+.

Regards!

User avatar
Heimiko
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 102
Joined: September 22nd, 2010, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 22 APR 2011 - Version 2.0.4.1

Post by Heimiko » April 25th, 2011, 4:26 am

FCrane wrote: Password still don't work :-( The "/" becomes a "+" in Sabnzbd+.
Whoops. I'll check that out. I have an other few updates that I want to push out, will take this with it.
Thanks for letting me know.

User avatar
Heimiko
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 102
Joined: September 22nd, 2010, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 22 APR 2011 - Version 2.0.4.1

Post by Heimiko » May 2nd, 2011, 8:15 am

FCrane wrote: Password still don't work :-( The "/" becomes a "+" in Sabnzbd+.
sent you a PM

User avatar
Heimiko
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 102
Joined: September 22nd, 2010, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 03 MAY 2011 - Version 2.0.4.3

Post by Heimiko » May 3rd, 2011, 10:23 am

Released v2.0.4.3

Post Reply