[APP] NzbSearcher - 2 Dec 2011 - Version 2.0.5.6

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
sansrisque

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 03 MAY 2011 - Version 2.0.4.3

Post by sansrisque »

First, thanks for this great application and sharing it with us!
I lost the "history" list display for SABnzbd (list is empty) in NzbSearcher since using v2.0.4.1 (was using with RC3 SABnzbd+, history display was fine with 2.0.3.5), now on SAB6 final and NzbSearcher  2.0.4.3, but still no history display for SABnzbd. Did I do something stupid?? Anyway to debug this? Thanks for any help!
andygr

Post by andygr »

Yea the same here. History is not refreshed. I need to restart nzbsearcher to get a update.
But you right it´s a great addon to sab.
andygr

Post by andygr »

[REQ] Auto Downloader is great. I would like to add all stuff paused to the sab queue. Is this possible? Could this be implemented?
Reason: For the every day show there are different qualities available (xvid, HDTV, WEB-DL...). I´d like to choose which to pick.
highend

Post by highend »

Is there an option to store the application settings in the dir where NzbSearcher.exe resides? That would really make it a portable application :)

Where are all the api keys and user + pass (e.g. for imdb) stored? Can't find these infos in the user.config file.

Regards,
highend
sansrisque

Post by sansrisque »

>History is not refreshed. I need to restart nzbsearcher to get a update.

Restating nzbsearcher does not bring back history for me, it is gone gone `-(
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

sansrisque wrote: I lost the "history" list display for SABnzbd (list is empty) in NzbSearcher since using v2.0.4.1 (was using with RC3 SABnzbd+, history display was fine with 2.0.3.5), now on SAB6 final and NzbSearcher  2.0.4.3, but still no history display for SABnzbd. Did I do something stupid?? Anyway to debug this? Thanks for any help!
It appears history has indeed been broken. Will fix this with the next release, thanks for reporting!
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

highend wrote: Is there an option to store the application settings in the dir where NzbSearcher.exe resides? That would really make it a portable application :)

Where are all the api keys and user + pass (e.g. for imdb) stored? Can't find these infos in the user.config file.

Regards,
highend
nice idea, will think about it, shouldn't be too hard to implement.
api keys and user names + passwords are all stored in the same file. it's all there.
highend

Post by highend »

api keys and user names + passwords are all stored in the same file. it's all there.
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\NzbSearcher\AppConfig.xml

I see, these config files are in a different dir. Please consider to store _all_ config files in the NzbSearcher dir (or better in a subdir of it via a relative path; e.g: .\settings)

I have to say, that the top two options for NZB Handling in the configuration dialog aren't working here. I tried it with every search engine (but not with UseNet) but neither of the two options work (the nzb isn't transfered to SabNZBD). I have to use the third one ("Download the NZB and store it in a directory") and use the watch folder option of SabNZBD.

Yabsearch seems to be broken as well, even the third option doesn't work. The downloaded .nzb's are only a few kb big and SabNZBD doesn't import these. If I download a nzb manually from the yabsearch website these nzb files are valid.

Regards,
highend
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

highend wrote: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\NzbSearcher\AppConfig.xml

I see, these config files are in a different dir. Please consider to store _all_ config files in the NzbSearcher dir (or better in a subdir of it via a relative path; e.g: .\settings)
New guide lines of vista/windows 7 programming states that configuration/data files of programs should no longer be written in the programs directory. this is why I choose to do it in this way.
However, like a few messages back, someone asked for a portable version, so I'll see if I can make this optional.
highend wrote: I have to say, that the top two options for NZB Handling in the configuration dialog aren't working here. I tried it with every search engine (but not with UseNet) but neither of the two options work (the nzb isn't transfered to SabNZBD). I have to use the third one ("Download the NZB and store it in a directory") and use the watch folder option of SabNZBD.
strange, because the second option I use on a daily base. (download, then upload)
can you give me some more details regarding your setup, to give a hint why this might be failing?
highend wrote: Yabsearch seems to be broken as well, even the third option doesn't work. The downloaded .nzb's are only a few kb big and SabNZBD doesn't import these. If I download a nzb manually from the yabsearch website these nzb files are valid.
hmm, I thought I fixed yabsearch in the previous release. will have a look at it once again. thanks for letting me know.
expect this to be fixed (again) in the next release.
highend

Post by highend »

strange, because the second option I use on a daily base. (download, then upload)
can you give me some more details regarding your setup, to give a hint why this might be failing?
Windows 7 Ultimate, german, x64
NzbSearcher v2.0.4.3
Chrome 11.0.696.57 (stable release channel)
SabNZBD v0.6 final

Do you need any more infos?

Leave me a message if you need me to test a new build.
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

highend wrote: Windows 7 Ultimate, german, x64
NzbSearcher v2.0.4.3
Chrome 11.0.696.57 (stable release channel)
SabNZBD v0.6 final
do you have SABnzbd and NzbSearcher on the same machine, or different ones?
if you do select option 2 (to download, then upload) doesn't it work at all, do you get any messages, or a crash, anything at all that looks different from when you select option 3 or 4?
highend

Post by highend »

Both are on the same machine.

I have a two monitor setup. Even if I have NzbSearcher on the second and the browser on the main I can't see any interaction with them (e.g. changing the SabNZBD status site for uploading a nzb file (like the way when I do this manually). No popups, no crashes, no messages.
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

highend wrote: Both are on the same machine.

I have a two monitor setup. Even if I have NzbSearcher on the second and the browser on the main I can't see any interaction with them (e.g. changing the SabNZBD status site for uploading a nzb file (like the way when I do this manually). No popups, no crashes, no messages.
wait a minute.  you mean you have NzbSearcher sitting idle, then adding an NZB to sab via its website?
if you do it this way, NzbSearcher won't pick up the action right away (since its being idle, it won't poll sab as fast)
it'll take up to a minute to reflect your changes
highend

Post by highend »

No, I just thought it could look like this (I don't know how you've implemented the interaction between NzbSearcher and SabNZBD and I'm not sure if I should be able to see any interaction between them or how it would look like).

I'm searching for something inside NzbSearcher (only via the first search engine atm (second icon from the left in the upper toolbar). I'll then rightclick on one of these entries and select "Add to SABnzbd's queue".

And as long I use option one or two for the handling it won't be added to SabNZBD's queue.

I hope that makes it a bit more clear :)
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

highend wrote: I'm searching for something inside NzbSearcher (only via the first search engine atm (second icon from the left in the upper toolbar). I'll then rightclick on one of these entries and select "Add to SABnzbd's queue".

And as long I use option one or two for the handling it won't be added to SabNZBD's queue.

I hope that makes it a bit more clear :)
Yes, that's clear (was clear already, but you confused me with your last post)
btw, you can execute the same action with a double-click (instead of context menu -> add)
really weird, I'm using these options since day one I implemented them.
If anything, I would expect the other options to break, cause I don't use them myself :-S

I can tell you whould you _should_ see when adding a NZB through NzbSearcher:
under the SAB tab, an active download should appear, the SAB button should blink
at the same time, the active download should appear on SAB's website.

can you please verify that the communication channel between SAB and NzbSearcher is working properly?
easiest way to do this: add any NZB, and see if the categories combobox has the propper values in it (series, movies, etc, whatever you configured in SAB)