newznab - open source usenet indexer

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
QUu3Gub7Dm7e

Re: newznab - open source usenet indexer and all round nzbs.org clone

Post by QUu3Gub7Dm7e »

war59312 wrote: Might want to update the links on the first page while you are here.

I get Forbidden on all 3 Google links.
Same here. Project page on Google Code is "403 Forbidden".
newznab

Post by newznab »

QUu3Gub7Dm7e wrote:
war59312 wrote: Might want to update the links on the first page while you are here.

I get Forbidden on all 3 Google links.
Same here. Project page on Google Code is "403 Forbidden".
Thanks, done.
bdub

Post by bdub »

I've set the php memory limit to 256M but for some reason I see this when trying to update binaries.

@newznab:~/newznab-0.2.3/misc/update_scripts$ php5 update_binaries.php
PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 261900 bytes) in Unknown on line 0
Could not startup.

Any ideas?
bdub

Post by bdub »

I left the 'M' off the end of '256' in php.ini. That fixed that issue.

Now for some reason I can't get mod_rewrite working. For example, if I click on movies, I hit a dead end.

phpinfo shows the following modules loaded...

core mod_log_config mod_logio prefork http_core mod_so mod_alias mod_auth_basic mod_authn_file mod_authz_default mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_autoindex mod_cgi mod_deflate mod_dir mod_env mod_mime mod_negotiation mod_php5 mod_reqtimeout mod_rewrite mod_setenvif mod_status

And here's my .htaccess in www...

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

# Do not process images or CSS files further
RewriteRule \.(css|jpe?g|gif|png|js|ico)$ - [L]

# Leave /admin and /install static
RewriteRule ^(admin|install).*$ - [L]

# Rewrite web pages to one master page
RewriteRule ^([^/\.]+)/?$ index.php?page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/\.]+)/([^/]+)/?$ index.php?page=$1&id=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/\.]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/? index.php?page=$1&id=$2&subpage=$3 [QSA,L]

We're working in web root so I'm not sure what else it could be.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

did you install/enable mod_rewrite ?
ihaveworms

Post by ihaveworms »

Can you specify which groups to index from?
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

ihaveworms wrote: Can you specify which groups to index from?
All depends on what you want to be on your indexer to show
There is already a big list here : /www/admin/group-list.php
So you can choose what to activate & what not
XtCrAvE

Post by XtCrAvE »

So I just donated as I like the idea of this project, however I'm already stuck on the preflight checklist, as well as recieving a 404 error on the link I got from trying to download the donation version. (I'd join the irc, however I run a tor exit point and have thusly been blocked by most mainstream irc servers) I know I have pear fully updated and installed.

Code: Select all

Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
=========================================
Package          Version State
Archive_Tar      1.3.7   stable
Auth             1.6.4   stable
Console_Getopt   1.3.1   stable
Math_BigInteger  1.0.0   stable
Net_NNTP         1.4.0   stable
Net_Socket       1.0.10  stable
Numbers_Roman    1.0.2   stable
Numbers_Words    0.16.2  beta
PEAR             1.9.2   stable
Structures_Graph 1.0.4   stable
XML_Util         1.2.1   stable
However the preflight checklist just doesn't see it (debian-squeeze ispconfig3 setup)

Checking for Pear:
Cannot find PEAR. To install PEAR follow the instructions at http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.php

(also that's a windows link however I know it's installed...                                     ^)

Any idea what might be causing this issue?
Last edited by XtCrAvE on April 4th, 2011, 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
sab12397

Post by sab12397 »

Can newznab be setup to not download anything and process headers only?  (i.e. no downloads of NFO, NZB, TVRage etc)

I then select something and an NZB is generated containing the messages ids of the bodies of the headers I have selected?

Basically I am looking for a search facilty of RAW headers only with a nice interface and automation of getting new headers?

Thanks
sab12397

Post by sab12397 »

I was going to give this a try but does anyone know if this is still being developed? Thanks.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Yep fully developed .. even is a PLUS version (For donators) .. and that one is even better !!!
sab12397

Post by sab12397 »

Have enjoyed getting this setup in Ubuntu and having a mess around the features.

Just a few suggestions and possible bug reports:

1. When you run the update_releases script are the regex being applied in the correct order?  If I enable the regex at ID=13 and ID=15 (all newsgroups) all releases seem to be assigned to these two regex - when 13/15 are disabled the releases seem to go to the other regex as expected.  ID's 13 and 15 have an ordinal value in the 50's so I do not understand why these are getting priority.  I thought all the other regex would be tried first and then these two treated as the catch alls?

2. If I setup my virtual host in Apache to listen to a none standard port as soon as I click on a menu item all URL's on the page loose the port number.  e.g. http://myhost:8084 displays correctly then click on a menu item and the page loads as expected but all the urls on this page do not have a port number http://myhost (no port number) and therefore none of the URL's work.

3. Nothing is being listed in the Browse sections which display a search screen even though the browse menu items without a search screen are working fine.  I do have all the Lookup services disabled - I am guessing some Browse features rely on these Lookups.  Perhaps if you have the lookup option disabled the full release name could be added to the Title in these sections so you can still see the releases correctly organised and search them (albeit in just the Title field).
newznab

Post by newznab »

sab12397 wrote: Can newznab be setup to not download anything and process headers only?  (i.e. no downloads of NFO, NZB, TVRage etc)

I then select something and an NZB is generated containing the messages ids of the bodies of the headers I have selected?

Basically I am looking for a search facilty of RAW headers only with a nice interface and automation of getting new headers?

Thanks
Yes, it can, however you will find that mysql just breaks when the tables/indexes get large - and they will get very large if your retaining headers. So thats why we dont use that approach.
newznab

Post by newznab »

XtCrAvE wrote: So I just donated as I like the idea of this project, however I'm already stuck on the preflight checklist, as well as recieving a 404 error on the link I got from trying to download the donation version. (I'd join the irc, however I run a tor exit point and have thusly been blocked by most mainstream irc servers) I know I have pear fully updated and installed.

Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
=========================================
Package          Version State
Archive_Tar      1.3.7   stable
Auth             1.6.4   stable
Console_Getopt   1.3.1   stable
Math_BigInteger  1.0.0   stable
Net_NNTP         1.4.0   stable
Net_Socket       1.0.10  stable
Numbers_Roman    1.0.2   stable
Numbers_Words    0.16.2  beta
PEAR             1.9.2   stable
Structures_Graph 1.0.4   stable
XML_Util         1.2.1   stable
However the preflight checklist just doesn't see it (debian-squeeze ispconfig3 setup)

Checking for Pear:
Cannot find PEAR. To install PEAR follow the instructions at http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.php

(also that's a windows link however I know it's installed...                                     ^)

Any idea what might be causing this issue?

Can only imagine thats a path issue. If you open a shell, and and type pear, do you get something?
newznab

Post by newznab »

sab12397 wrote: 2. If I setup my virtual host in Apache to listen to a none standard port as soon as I click on a menu item all URL's on the page loose the port number.  e.g. http://myhost:8084 displays correctly then click on a menu item and the page loads as expected but all the urls on this page do not have a port number http://myhost (no port number) and therefore none of the URL's work.

3. Nothing is being listed in the Browse sections which display a search screen even though the browse menu items without a search screen are working fine.  I do have all the Lookup services disabled - I am guessing some Browse features rely on these Lookups.  Perhaps if you have the lookup option disabled the full release name could be added to the Title in these sections so you can still see the releases correctly organised and search them (albeit in just the Title field).
Port number installs work here, the code
$this->serverurl = (isset($_SERVER["HTTPS"]) ? "https://" : "http://").$_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].($_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"] != "80" ? ":".$_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"] : "").WWW_TOP.'/';
builds the port into all site links, if this isnt happening, perhaps you have something odd in your apache setup?

If nothing is listed in browse sections, you have not made any releases. Try checking the readme to ensure your running the processes right.

I would recommend the IRC channel for support.