SabConnect++ [How to not break hibernation]

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
bluenote

SabConnect++ [How to not break hibernation]

Post by bluenote »

SabConnect++ works great, but the polling keeps my box awake even when I don't want it to be.  
(And setting 30 minute interval isn't enough).
Is anyone working around this?  Right now I have to disable, and enable the plugin.
I'd love to see a "on demand" setting which would mean only poll when clicked, and/or higher time values - 1 hour, 2 hours, etc.
Or am I doing something silly here and causing my own problems?

thanks
Last edited by bluenote on December 2nd, 2010, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluenote

Re: SabConnect++ [How to not break hibernation]

Post by bluenote »

OK, I only heard crickets, so I took a step back and re-evaluated. And I've found a reasonable solution.

I actually don't know anything about chrome extensions, but it turns out upon investigation this wasn't too hard to change.
Actually, it really just consists of allowing you to enter in a higher value, rather than actually changing the script.

Anyways, for anyone else wondering why their hibernation is broken when they have a browser open (on another computer, probably)
it's this sabconnect++ plugin polling at the configured rate.  For whatever reason this generates enough activity in sabnzbd that the idle time is reset.
And so, hibernation or standby never happens.

This is how I fixed it:

The 'settings' page for the plug in is accessed by right-clicking the extension icon and selecting 'options'.  In there you will see a setting called 'refresh rate'
this is the culprit.  I attempted to set this to 0 [which would have been 'on demand' because as far as I can tell, the plugin queries when clicked, but this did exactly what it said which was, infinitely refresh every 0 seconds.  Instead, we want to add a higher value. 

The way to make a higher value available is very easy.  The only confusing part is finding the right file [where the extension files are stored].
For me, it was in:  C:/users/(username)/appdata/local/google/chrome/user data/default/extensions/(random garbage)/0.4.9_0

The last number there you see is the version number of your plugin you are using.  This is how I differentiated between different plugin directories.
So once you get to the 'extensions' directory, you'll have to either search or iterate through the available dirs until you find the one that contains a directory *that matches the version number of your plugin* -- obviously, this will change as soon as a new version is out.

Once you've found the correct directory, editing the file 'settings.html' preferably with an XML aware editor, but I guess notepad would do if you are careful.
The area you are looking for is helpfully labeled refresh rate, and then has the sequence of allowed values.  Simply copy and paste the last value once more,
and increase the value to whatever high number you want.  I suggest keeping it reasonable, since I don't know what the limits of the script is.  I set it to 4 hours without any trouble.  (14400 seconds).

So the section ends up looking like :

Refresh Rate

1 sec
2 sec
4 sec
8 sec
15 sec
30 sec
1 min
2 min
5 min
15 min
30 min
2 hours
4 hours

How long SABconnect++ should wait before refreshing

Hope this is helpful to somebody.
NickJohnson22

Re: SabConnect++ [How to not break hibernation]

Post by NickJohnson22 »

SABConnect++ for Chrome downloading gives problem any suggestion will be helpful.