Sabnzbd Boxee app

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
bartsidee

Sabnzbd Boxee app

Post by bartsidee »

I just launched a new boxee app that integrates a nzb search function with sabnzbd. Creating an all in one user experience for the tv.
Feel free to use or modify it!

To add the repo look at www.bartsidee.nl (only opens in boxee)
Last edited by bartsidee on October 11th, 2011, 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
dcrutgers

Re: Sabnzbd Boxee app

Post by dcrutgers »

Awesome, do you have any screenshots you can share?
bartsidee

Post by bartsidee »

Here are some screenshots:
pitchdark

Post by pitchdark »

Wow fantastic stuff!

Any chance we can change the search / index provider?  Say to any other nzb site.
bartsidee

Post by bartsidee »

it is now using nzbclub.com as search provider. I had good experience with it and it has some good filters for spam etc. Not quite compareable with nzbmatrix, but I wanted something that everybody could use. I initially have no intensions to inetgrate another provider, but you can find the source on google code if you wanna fork it.
pitchdark

Post by pitchdark »

That's cool. I often use nzbs.org.

I guess then would it be possible to have the current search provider display newest first?

I'm not a coder so not really my area of expertise.

Thanks for your hard work.
pattont
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by pattont »

Where is the code?? Not on the google page anymore.  Another developer and I would like to take a look at this. At a minimum integrate this with NZBMatrix (which we both user).
f0ck3r

Post by f0ck3r »

This is just a front-end to a remote server correct? Is it possible to run SABnzbd+ on the Boxee Box using an external HDD via USB to hold the files?
bartsidee

Post by bartsidee »

@pattont
The code is still on google code, but it is there together with my complete repository. You can find sabnzbd in this svn folder:
http://code.google.com/p/bartsidee/sour ... %2Fsabnzbd

To give you a direction you should initially be looking into "/libs/app.py" to the function "SearchNzb(self, name):"

@f0ck3r
This is indeed just a front end client, you need to run the sbnzbd separate on another server/computer/nas. Altough it would technically probably be possible to run sabnzbd on the boxee box, it seems it is till now pretty 'closed' and doesn't allow to run 3th party application/hacks.
Last edited by bartsidee on December 18th, 2010, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
f0ck3r

Post by f0ck3r »

@bartsidee well when we gain root again via the folks at http://boxeeboxwiki.org/wiki/Obtaining_Root then maybe it would be possible to get http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-sabnzbd-addon/ running on Boxee Box.  Thoughts? Unfortunately I'm a C / Obj-C guy and Python just isn't my thing. I do intend to change that though.

Edit: Looks like that may also be a front-end. Damn..
Last edited by f0ck3r on December 19th, 2010, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
bartsidee

Post by bartsidee »

I've also looked into existing xbmc plugins, but found that the code was quite complex. Also the gui and python function differ a bit more then I would like to. Xbmc has more or less two ways of creating the gui, with skin xml files or completely in python as 'plugin'. Usually they are setup like a python plugin gui. Unfortunatly boxee tends to have much better support for the xml gui style. Which is maybe also a bit easier to develop (my personal thought) but gives some limitations.

Instead of putting a lot of work in a rewrite I found it easier to start from scratch.
Last edited by bartsidee on December 19th, 2010, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

Awesome man! I'll have to check this out when I get back home. I've been thinking of writing something like this for a while, but I've never done any Python before. Can't wait to try this.
SABCommand for iPad Developer
SABConnect for Safari 5 Developer

Bug Tracking:
http://redmine.kalenhansen.com

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/SABCommand
phearinc

Post by phearinc »

Finally!  I've been waiting a long time for someone to release an app like this.  One thing that I'd love to see is a simple pause/resume feature.  If I'm streaming content from the internet in boxee, my usenet downloads make them crawl.  It'd be great to be able to pause sab from Boxee itself instead of either having to jump on my phone, another computer, or exit boxee to windows.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
pinpoint

Post by pinpoint »

nm
Last edited by pinpoint on January 4th, 2011, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
war59312

Post by war59312 »

Very cool, thanks.

But it requires API key, why?

After all user can turn it off via config > general: "Do not require the API key".

Real pain to type in the API key when using the Boxee Box since you dont support the remote it seems.

Pausing would be nice?

Also, search results disappear when you start a download. So to download another you have to do another search, a bit annoying.