nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
duz

Re: nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Post by duz »

You need to put the username and password you use to log into SABnzbd in the two boxes above the APIkey box.
bugmenot

Post by bugmenot »

I put the username and the password in the (I hope) correct inputbox :-)
The problem is, that the password is still incorrect.
- I tried to change the password with no effekt.
- I tried username and password with an without API Key (With disabled and activated API Key security Feature in sabnzbd)

The strange thing is, that I can manually login to the Application, after that I can work with this great little Application. Up to this time when the session is obsolete, then I have to relogin over the GUI.
When I login manually I pass although the "Test Connection" Check.
I have no idea what I can do. Is there any temporary file that perhaps holds old data? Such as an old password etc?
Last edited by bugmenot on July 14th, 2009, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
duz

Post by duz »

Nope, the password is stored in that second text field.  The reason it works after you manually login, is that SABnzbd no longer checks for a password after it receives the correct password once.
bugmenot

Post by bugmenot »

So, no ideas what I can do or test to fix this? I tried up to now several Versions from nzbdstatus.
I pray for a fix in every new version :-)
ouldsmobile

Post by ouldsmobile »

Hi there,

first of all great work on the addon. Love the idea of it, however I am having some issues with version 1.0.10. I am using firefox 3.5 and SabNZBd+ Trunk version. I have the correct username, password and api key in the correct boxes. I have triple checked. The test connection button tells me I can successfully connect but when I try to download an nzb using the addon it fails. SabNZBd reports the following:

2009-07-15 15:38:36,770
WARNING
Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:

However, the modified version on the last page posted by another forum user here does in fact work. any ideas? Should I not have both the username/password and api key? Should I just use the API key or something?
duz

Post by duz »

ouldsmobile wrote: Hi there,

first of all great work on the addon. Love the idea of it, however I am having some issues with version 1.0.10. I am using firefox 3.5 and SabNZBd+ Trunk version. I have the correct username, password and api key in the correct boxes. I have triple checked. The test connection button tells me I can successfully connect but when I try to download an nzb using the addon it fails. SabNZBd reports the following:

2009-07-15 15:38:36,770
WARNING
Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:

However, the modified version on the last page posted by another forum user here does in fact work. any ideas? Should I not have both the username/password and api key? Should I just use the API key or something?
It's because you're using the v5 beta of SAB.  The current version of nzbdStatus does not always support passwords when using the v5 beta.  I will be increasing compatibility with the next version of nzbdStatus.
Shadowtester

Post by Shadowtester »

Any chance we could get a added feature for monitoring multiple SABnzbd+ servers I have 2 servers one at home and one at my business since my DSL is so poor it would be great to be able to use sabnzbdStatus to monitor both servers

Thanks
mibmop

Post by mibmop »

nzbdstatus hasn't been working for me for quite a while now. I got the latest versions of nzbstatus and Sabnzbd but whenever I click on the little icon, it greys out but nothing happens. I've got the api key input but no username or password. When I test the connection it connects successfully. I turned on error reporting and the only time I get an error is when I load a newzbin page in raw or condensed mode i get this:
onPageLoad threw error `row.getElementsByTagName("img")[0] is undefined` on line: 648
KaiUno

Post by KaiUno »

For some reason I can only use it on my own lan. When I go outside it stops working. I've disabled API key and logon credentials on the server for good measure, but I just can't get a connection to work. The webinterface is available outside, I can browse to my sabnzbd server without problems from anywhere I go.

Anybody any thoughts?
rAf

Post by rAf »

With a clean Firefox 3.5 install and nzbdstatus 1.0.10, I don't see the icon.
When I click 'Test Connection' button, the test is successful.
Any idea ?
duz

Post by duz »

rAf wrote: With a clean Firefox 3.5 install and nzbdstatus 1.0.10, I don't see the icon.
Any idea ?
Which icon? The one in the task bar or the one on the newzbin.com pages?
zarkoff
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by zarkoff »

same issue, same context (clean install...) on Windows XP SP3 no icon, no nzb catched and sent to the deamon... any idea ?
zarkoff
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by zarkoff »

duz wrote:
rAf wrote: With a clean Firefox 3.5 install and nzbdstatus 1.0.10, I don't see the icon.
Any idea ?
Which icon? The one in the task bar or the one on the newzbin.com pages?
I think he's talking about of the icon in the statusbar bottom right in firefox (same issue), despite the fact it is checked in parameters. (note my sabnzbd status, as FF, is in french, don't know if it's a clue)...
duz

Post by duz »

zarkoff wrote: I think he's talking about of the icon in the statusbar bottom right in firefox (same issue), despite the fact it is checked in parameters. (note my sabnzbd status, as FF, is in french, don't know if it's a clue)...
I wonder if the french translation is breaking everything again.
First see if this version installs and works fine: http://www.dq5studios.com/sa/nzbdstatus-utf8.xpi
If not, try this one: http://www.dq5studios.com/sa/nzbdstatus-nofr.xpi
zarkoff
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by zarkoff »

duz wrote: I wonder if the french translation is breaking everything again.
First see if this version installs and works fine: http://www.dq5studios.com/sa/nzbdstatus-utf8.xpi
If not, try this one: http://www.dq5studios.com/sa/nzbdstatus-nofr.xpi
Marvelous, the first link works properly !! Many Thanks !! For info, my previous version was installed from FF extensions website (1.1.10) so same number version than first link... strange...

Best Regards, Zarkoff