nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
interfacelift

Re: nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Post by interfacelift »

I've recently updated to nzbStatus 1.0.15 and noticed links to SAB while at binsearch.info. However, none of these links appear to work. The "Send Selected To Server" button doesn't work, nor does the little nzbStatus arrow icon links :(

Anyone have any tips, or is this broken for everyone?
Cavalier

Post by Cavalier »

I've just been there (binsearch) and tried it.  It worked ok for me, tried it in both, the search page and on a `browse newsgroup` page.
both times it sent the nzb to Sab.

I just clicked on the Sab icon, I didn't use the send it to server.

I'm using nzbstatus 1.0.15
Windows vista.

Cavalier
Last edited by Cavalier on May 10th, 2010, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

interfacelift wrote: I've recently updated to nzbStatus 1.0.15 and noticed links to SAB while at binsearch.info. However, none of these links appear to work. The "Send Selected To Server" button doesn't work, nor does the little nzbStatus arrow icon links :(

Hi, what OS are you on? I tested it on windows and linux but not mac. It saves the nzb to your temporary files directory so there might be something iffy going on there. That's the only point I can think of that would cause constant failure tbh.

I have had it fail to upload once for some reason, on just one particular file. I'd guessed the filename didn't get through the clean up process intact.
interfacelift

Post by interfacelift »

I am on a Mac, perhaps that's why. Mac OS X 10.6.3 with Firefox 3.6.3
duz

Post by duz »

interfacelift wrote: I've recently updated to nzbStatus 1.0.15 and noticed links to SAB while at binsearch.info. However, none of these links appear to work. The "Send Selected To Server" button doesn't work, nor does the little nzbStatus arrow icon links :(

I had received that code as a patch from someone else so it's possible I broke it with some of the other updates to 1.0.15
After I get v2 finished (I hope really really soon now), I'll be improving the download handler so it'll be more one click and work on most sites so I'm not planning on messing with the binsearch code in v1 at the moment.
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

Nothing you've done has affected the code afaik. I think the problem must be with temp file writing on the Mac but I've looked for similar problems on mozdev/bugzilla and drawn a blank. The code should work exactly the same as any other unix platform. I would do some debugging, but I neither have a mac or a computer capable of running a hackintosh setup.
Uke

Post by Uke »

Are there any plans to add Newzleech integration? It seems to be the only major index site that's lacking it since support was added for binsearch.info.

Apart from Merlin's Portal of course, but I imagine the fact that's based around vBulletin would make it an absolute nightmare
Last edited by Uke on May 22nd, 2010, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duz

Post by duz »

Uke wrote: Are there any plans to add Newzleech integration? It seems to be the only major index site that's lacking it since support was added for binsearch.info.

Apart from Merlin's Portal of course, but I imagine the fact that's based around vBulletin would make it an absolute nightmare
Newzleech has something going on that didn't make one click easy so I skipped it for the time being.  Merlin's Portal's a mess as well.
duz

Post by duz »

Ok, I think I've figured out newzleech.  It'll be in v2 if it survives more testing.  I've also found a better way to do binsearch which will also work its way into v2.
I had better hurry and finish v2.
Mrkennedy

Post by Mrkennedy »

This was working great yesterday, but not its just sitting there saying

Trying to fetch NZB from http://nzbs.org/index.php?actionxxxxxxx ... xxxxxxxxxx (the xx are the id code)

Any idea what might be causing this? Have reinstalled it but no joy
themugger
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by themugger »

duz wrote: Ok, I think I've figured out newzleech.  It'll be in v2 if it survives more testing.  I've also found a better way to do binsearch which will also work its way into v2.
I had better hurry and finish v2.
has v2 still got the ability to manage multiple clients? looking forward to this release...

Thanks
duz

Post by duz »

themugger wrote: has v2 still got the ability to manage multiple clients? looking forward to this release...

Thanks
Yep, stop by the irc channel and catch me to try out the alpha.
Wasgo

Post by Wasgo »

c0ld wrote: Nothing you've done has affected the code afaik. I think the problem must be with temp file writing on the Mac but I've looked for similar problems on mozdev/bugzilla and drawn a blank. The code should work exactly the same as any other unix platform. I would do some debugging, but I neither have a mac or a computer capable of running a hackintosh setup.
In case you're still curious, here's the .nzb back up file generated by using it with binsearch.info on a Mac:

Error: Collection not in database

If there's anyway I could help debug, let me know.
fzeroe

Post by fzeroe »

I got this error when starting FF. and i got no icon in the tray or in the plugin

startup threw error `Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.open]` on line: 257

running FF 3.6.10 ,nzbdstatus 1.0.15 , windows 7 64bit all patched
activ

Post by activ »

Is support for Firefox 4 scheduled? I'm running minefield and things are not working very well for me.