nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
duz

Re: nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Post by duz »

fzeroe wrote: I got this error when starting FF. and i got no icon in the tray or in the plugin

startup threw error `Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.open]` on line: 257

running FF 3.6.10 ,nzbdstatus 1.0.15 , windows 7 64bit all patched
Open about:config and make sure extensions.sabnzbdstatus.sabUrl is correct, looks like it's not.
activ wrote: Is support for Firefox 4 scheduled? I'm running minefield and things are not working very well for me.
Depends on what's broke.  I havn't had a chance to test it out on the FF4 builds but I only know of one thing off hand that needs fixing.  I do plan on having a build out before FF4 final that works fine on it, even if it's a beta of v2.
duz

Post by duz »

Forgot to post here as well, v2 beta is ready for testing.
http://www.nzbdstat.us/2011/03/nzbdstatus-beta.html
There's still plenty of bugs, but enough of it works people have been using it.
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

With version 2.0b3, if the filename is blank on binsearch (as it often is), it returns '[object XrayWrapper [object HTMLCollection]]'. I think that was one of the reasons I used the regexs to parse the full title.
jj5000

Re: nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integra

Post by jj5000 »

Any chance of making a version for Firefox mobile (Android)? The regular version works perfectly. Thanks
poetter

Post by poetter »

Hi all,

i modified Version 1.0.15.1 to work with beta.nzbs.org. Get it from here http://www.MegaShare.com/4155189
wolrah
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wolrah »

FYI to all, I've started working on nzbdStatus and the current 2.0b4 release on AMO should resolve many of the major issues. Newzbin2.es and the new NZBs.org work, plus I've also fixed the multi-server popup to work properly on FF versions >7. Remember to hit the "other versions" link for now, AMO has not approved any of the 2.x versions so far.

I'm starting off slow because I need to wrap my head around Firefox extension development as well as Javascript itself and learn how to work with SVN (I'm a Git guy normally), but expect to see more movement on this.
dreamscene

Post by dreamscene »

Thank you for your work on nzbdStatus, wolrah.
A couple of things I noticed with the most recent beta from AMO:
  • Was going almost crazy trying to figure out why the extension could not connect to sab, when by chance I realized it requires the URL to end with a trailing /. Would be nice if this limitation could be removed or a tooltip could inform the user about it.
  • Even after deleting all server entries and fully removing the extension, the settings still remain in prefs.js.
    When reinstalling the plugin and adding a new server, the old API key is back.. freaked me out a bit. Would it be possible to actually delete those entries from prefs.js when removing servers in the extension or at least delete them when uninstalling the extension?
  • If all servers are removed, the toolbar icon disappears and even if re-adding servers it did not return for me.
  • Tooltip on icon is displaying an empty string when sab is in idle.
A couple of features that would be great:
  • Support for mysterbin.com (due to rar file inspection and very long retention, imho currently the best free indexer).
  • An option to have downloaded nzb files deleted after they have been sent to sab.
  • The ability to send all links to server, even if they do not end on .nzb. Useful for sites like Mysterbin, where nzb links do not end on .nzb
Keep up the great work,
dreamscene
wolrah
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wolrah »

My desktop lost a PSU a few weeks ago which took the motherboard and GPU with it, so I'm stuck to a laptop that doesn't make a good dev system for now. I was housesitting at the time and couldn't fix it, but I'm home and I'm assembling some spare parts to hopefully have a usable desktop again by some time tomorrow. If that works out and free time allows I do want to get some coding done this week.

The URL thing should probably be fairly easy.

I believe the tooltip thing is due to localizations being broken in 2.0 by all the new strings that aren't in most of the language files. Not sure why it's not working in English though, I have looked at the file and the string seems to be there, but I can confirm the bug has been there since 2.0b1.

Will look in to the settings not deleting when things are removed. No idea on if it's even possible to clear settings on uninstall, but if it is and can be made optional I'm all for it.

New indexers I can't make any promises on. I'm not really good at the scraper end of things, DOM manipulation still hasn't clicked in my mind, so if I can adapt an existing one it can probably happen but if it requires substantial new code it's a crapshoot.

The way the link catcher code works I'm not sure if it can be made to support any file without becoming a nuisance. Maybe a mode where when enabled the next download is caught, then it reverts to normal behavior. Many of the ways I can think to implement that would result in a messy UI and could cause user confusion.

Caught download deletion, that's a good idea and will be looked in to.
dreamscene

Post by dreamscene »

Thank you very much for your reply.
Take your time. I think everyone is glad that you took up the project at all :)
The way the link catcher code works I'm not sure if it can be made to support any file without becoming a nuisance. Maybe a mode where when enabled the next download is caught, then it reverts to normal behavior. Many of the ways I can think to implement that would result in a messy UI and could cause user confusion.
Not sure if it came across right, but I meant the context menu feature "send link to server". Or is that feature tied to the download catcher, code-wise?
If we could send any links (e.g. http://www.mysterbin.com/nzb?c=$some_id) to sab via the extension, there would be no imminent need to adapt the plugin for new websites. It might not be as comfortable as having the "send to sab"-icon, but still more comfortable than having to download the nzbs to the client first.

Thanks again for your consideration,
dreamscene
wolrah
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wolrah »

I honestly was not even aware of that feature. I'll add it to my list of things to look at.
dreamscene

Post by dreamscene »

I noticed another bug with the nzbindex.nl integration. The "send selected to server"-function is not working for me.
Any news regarding a new beta? Would love to test even pre-releases, if you need a tester.
dreamscene

Post by dreamscene »

Any news?

Please don't get me wrong - I don't want to annoy anyone. I am just eager to test any new version of nzbdStatus :)