nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
astrojams
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Post by astrojams »

Your firefox extension is broken.  Newzbin killed the v3.newzbin.com domain and is instead running version 3 on www.newzbin.com.

Also, i donated $60 to your development for the ability to use multiple sabnzbd servers like six months ago and you still have yet to implement it.  What gives? 
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

astrojams wrote: Your firefox extension is broken.  Newzbin killed the v3.newzbin.com domain and is instead running version 3 on www.newzbin.com.

Also, i donated $60 to your development for the ability to use multiple sabnzbd servers like six months ago and you still have yet to implement it.  What gives? 
v3.newzbin.com works fine here :S

Also, regarding donations - people like you are the exact reason SABnzbd wont be accepting donations.
You cant demand features just because you donated cash..

Donations are a generous offer where you should expect nothing back

That said, how is being able to monitor multiple SABnzbds coming along? :D
astrojams
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by astrojams »

v3.newzbin.com definitely doesn't work for me.  www.newzbin.com works fine and is now hosting version 3.
neilt0

Post by neilt0 »

huleboeren wrote: Also, regarding donations - people like you are the exact reason SABnzbd wont be accepting donations.

Look at where nzbdstatus is hosted: https://nzbdstatus.bountysource.com/

"How do Bounties work?
Imagine a user comes along and submits a feature request to your project.
After approval and clarification from someone with the appropriate user role in your project’s development team, that task will become part of the project’s Version Map.
That user, as well as any other user of the Bounty Source system, could then proceed to place a monetary bounty on that task.
All bounty amounts are publicly viewable and the total adds up with every posted bounty.
When a developer shows interest in writing the solution, they can create a “Solution In Progress” and keep a developer’s journal that will be open for all to view/comment upon.
After a solution has been submitted and approved, the funds will be released to the developer—but not until a “Disputable” period has passed in which any user can raise concerns with the solution, should they have any."
duz

Post by duz »

I've fixed the code to work with www as well as v3.  I havn't released that yet because they also changed lite mode so I'm working on fixing that as well.  I should have 1.0.1 out tomorrow or maybe tonight.  v3.newzbin.com works fine until then.
I'm still working on multiple server support.  It's complicated and lots of work and I'm very busy.  However I'm hoping to have the send actions mutliple server compatible tomorrow if you're willing it build from source.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@atrojams :  Some one gave an solution for your problem .. very very easy .. do you remember ?

@duz  :  looking forward to your new version , you doing a great job as it also works on FF3 beta
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

neilt0 wrote:
huleboeren wrote: Also, regarding donations - people like you are the exact reason SABnzbd wont be accepting donations.

Look at where nzbdstatus is hosted: https://nzbdstatus.bountysource.com/
snip
Ahh, Ill just shut up :P

btw, wouldnt it be nice if nzbStatus could monitor par/rar'ing too?
So when you hold your mouse over the icon/timer, it pops up with the usual(download speed, subject, eta etc) but also what SABnzbd is verifyring/repairing/whatever at the moment?
astrojams
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by astrojams »

Yeah, I figured out how to modify the .js file to support www.newzbin.com.  Works fine now.
ike316

Post by ike316 »

Am I the only one who has problem with sabnzbd status +firefox 3.0(final) ?
Used 2 work perfect with ff 2.0

The problem is:
My cpu spikes to 100% everytime I install the plugin and my firefox starts to act retarted(cant open links etc)
I already tried removing ff + plugin and  then installing it again but no luck :(
Does anyone have a solution for me?
Thx

edit:

Nm changing scan time fixed it ..now iam happy :)
Last edited by ike316 on June 20th, 2008, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
methanoid

Post by methanoid »

I have a reproducable problem with this extension with 1.01 that I never had (or never noticed) in earlier versions. Using FF3 final now (and obviously was using beta v3 before).

Go to newzbin.com (or binsearch.info) and try to download an NZB file manually. It fails to download anything. If I have Download Status Bar active I see it tried to download and thinks it has downloaded but there is no file at all.

If I disable nzbdstatus then all works fine.

"Also of interest, all files downloaded that end in .nzb will be automatically uploaded to SABnzbd+. So do not save them in the blackhole directory or you’ll end up with duplicates in your queue." - I wonder if this is the issue. Its a PITA in any case..
switch

Post by switch »

methanoid wrote: I have a reproducable problem with this extension with 1.01 that I never had (or never noticed) in earlier versions. Using FF3 final now (and obviously was using beta v3 before).

Go to newzbin.com (or binsearch.info) and try to download an NZB file manually. It fails to download anything. If I have Download Status Bar active I see it tried to download and thinks it has downloaded but there is no file at all.

If I disable nzbdstatus then all works fine.

"Also of interest, all files downloaded that end in .nzb will be automatically uploaded to SABnzbd+. So do not save them in the blackhole directory or you’ll end up with duplicates in your queue." - I wonder if this is the issue. Its a PITA in any case..
Go to nzbdstatus settings and turn off "Send NZB files to this daemon" if you wish for any nzb files downloaded to not be added straight to sabnzbd.
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

Is anyone else having issues with this on FF3 on OSX Leopard?

Ever since installing FF3, this plugin has failed to work. The status in the bottom bar won't update, and clicking a download link at Newzbin doesn't send anything to the queue anymore.

This is the same on my iMac and my MacBook.

Any ideas?!
switch

Post by switch »

JayBird wrote: Is anyone else having issues with this on FF3 on OSX Leopard?

Ever since installing FF3, this plugin has failed to work. The status in the bottom bar won't update, and clicking a download link at Newzbin doesn't send anything to the queue anymore.

Any ideas?!
Is your url in the "SABnzbd" section of nzbdstatus config set to the correct value?
If you are sharing sabnzbd over your network it needs to point to your local ip address such as:
http://192.168.1.21:8080/sabnzbd/
(sabnzbd must also be set to listen on this address)
Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

JayBird wrote: Is anyone else having issues with this on FF3 on OSX Leopard?

Any ideas?!
I have exactly the same thing with FF3 running on Vista and XP, from inside my own network and from the outside at work - I know the URL is correct as I can view it in FF3 just fine.

I did monitor clicks and hovering over the status bar icon with Console2 (after disabling all except the nzbdStats extension) and it did produce:

Code: Select all

Error: this.getPreference is not a function
Source file: chrome://nzbdstatus/content/sabnzbdstatus.js
Line: 334
 ----------
 ----------
 ----------
 ----------
Error: prefwindow is not defined
Source file: chrome://nzbdstatus/content/configuration.js
Line: 30
So maybe the code is broken in some way?
RXP

Post by RXP »

I like this addon, it'd be nice if you could set a speed limit straight from firefox too.