Vista Sidebar Gadget

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
TheBiGW
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Vista Sidebar Gadget

Post by TheBiGW »

Hi

This was working fine for me with all the beta and RC releases of SABnzbd but now the final is out this has stopped working. Any ideas?
Sunii

Post by Sunii »

Anyone have a mirror of the newest version?
pieteckhart
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by pieteckhart »

Hi all,
I just figured out my free DNS domain has expired, thats why the download does not work. I will fix this asap. As for the new realease i still need to fix. The compatability.  I hope i have some spare time soon!

EDIT: i have updated the domain now, the download links will be working in a few minutes.
Last edited by pieteckhart on June 10th, 2010, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SABnzbd+ Windows 7 Gadget
Manage your downloads from your desktop.
Download: http://eckhart.hopto.org/sabgadget/sabgadget2.gadget
Site: http://eckhart.hopto.org/sabgadget/
siamesenick

Post by siamesenick »

Links still don't work for me.  Can you post the IP address of your server until DNS gets sorted out?  Thanks for all your work, btw.

edit: nevermind, link works now.
Last edited by siamesenick on June 11th, 2010, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunii

Post by Sunii »

Any progress on a newer version? The current version has a pretty bad memory leak when there is a large queue for me on Windows 7/x64.
pieteckhart
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by pieteckhart »

Sunii wrote: Any progress on a newer version? The current version has a pretty bad memory leak when there is a large queue for me on Windows 7/x64.
I am finishing my software engineering study. In a few weeks i have time to work on all of my side projects :) including the gadget!
SABnzbd+ Windows 7 Gadget
Manage your downloads from your desktop.
Download: http://eckhart.hopto.org/sabgadget/sabgadget2.gadget
Site: http://eckhart.hopto.org/sabgadget/
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

I've encountered some small issues:

1) When setting the timeout to e.g. 1 minute, the whole interface of the Gadget is not updated for a minute. I.e. when I click the Turtle button, it will only react (turn yellow) at the next update, which can take up to a minute. The same applies to the Pause button, etc. So basically I never know if clicking the buttons worked or not.

2) The width of the gadget is 135 pixels, whereas all other gadgets are 130 pixels wide - this does not look nice, because the left side can not be aligned with the other gadgets.

3) When I change the order of the queue items in SABnzbd+, the changes are not reflected in the gadget.

4) It would be nice if we could change the height of the gadget to see more queue items.

5) A switch to access the "Shutdown on Finish" feature of SABnzbd+ would also be very nice and extremely practical.

Best regards and good luck with your study!
seesaw

Post by seesaw »

Very nice, it's working fine on W7 !

Good job :)
purpleman

Post by purpleman »

Great job!

Is this still being developed?

If so - pause/resume and rearranging the queue would be really awesome.

Also, would be nice for it to show the current downloading speed.

Thanks!
TheBiGW
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by TheBiGW »

Just a warning to anyone using this and the new Sab 0.6 - this now has a nasty memory leak. I came home today 24 hours after upgrading to the latest alpha and Sidebar was using 1gb RAM, all due to this gadget :(
Arteekay

Post by Arteekay »

Just confirming TheBiGW's report, caught mine at only 800mb thanks to reading this forum.
purpleman

Post by purpleman »

I don't think this is being developed anymore, which is a real shame.

I lack the coding knowledge (HTML/JS) to continue the work, but if anyone wants to take the task, I'd be more than happy to help with the design to make it an awesome eye-candied gadget.
IYIaster

Post by IYIaster »

Cool app thanks it's what I've been looking for. Maybe in your next release you can add it where it shows the time left to download each file individually and add where it will show the current download speed, other then that the app is perfect.
T3chDad

Post by T3chDad »

Since this gadget has apparently been abandoned by the developer, I've been looking at the memory leak issue for a couple of days. I've even started a new gadget from scratch to test different ways of polling SABnzbd and it still has a memory leak. After much discussion on StackOverflow, it seems I've discovered some weird very low-level bug in js...we'll see what happens with this.

Anyway, I've given up on a gadget and started to make a gadget-like windows app. It should be faster and more reliable in the end. I will share it when complete (I'll start a new thread).
pieteckhart
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by pieteckhart »

Hi all,

After a long time i finaly got some spare time to look into the gadget.
After a couple of minutes debugging i found out what the memory leak is causing :) !

it has something todo with the garbage collection of Internet Explorer when it comes to setTimeOut.
Every time the setTimeOut is called to schedule the next request it will "leak" a bit of memory for some reason.
I''m still looking for a good workaround.

Anyway, i think i can fix the memory issue :)
As for new features i don't know i have time for it...

T3chDad good luck with your desktop app! i was thinking about this two! are you gonna use .Net?