Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download program

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Mar2zz

Re: Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download program

Post by Mar2zz »

rembo10 wrote: I'm testing out Mutagen to read the id3 tags of individual songs so you can even see which tracks you have off an album, so eventually you can download single mp3s
Great, I really hoped you were going for Mutagen! And even taking it to the next level, downloading individual mp3's, that would be a great achievement! Keep up the good work!
Loto_Bak

Re: Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download prog

Post by Loto_Bak »

I use a directory structure as follows;
/music/albums/Artist - Album/Track_Artist - Title.mp3

is there any chance of supporting something like this?
Thanks for your work! This is an excellent idea.
vectorburn

Post by vectorburn »

rembo—

first off—love it. keep up the amazing work. clearly a labor of love and not an easy task.

second off—feature requests!

1) multi-users?
a) i'm in a household with roommates, so i'd like to keep track of who added what, and
b) i've got friends i'd like to give access without giving away "my" password, and not giving them each others (you know the types of friends who are always telling you (and with great accuracy) what music to get?)

2) sorting!
really basic. just the columns in home view (which will be getting multi-users, right?).

3) basic ui streamlining—
give us the option to once we've added an artist, to view that artist's page instead of the homepage.
rationale: generally when adding an artist, we're thinking of that artist, probably because we have certain album(s) in mind
AND the number of albums for an artist is generally way less than the number of artists we have (so—faster page loads)
speaking of which…

4) optimizations and tweaks
can't speak with much accuracy here, other than sickbeard (which is like the college-age older brother to our toddler here) seems to be doing a LOT more a LOT faster,
which probably includes

5) ajax-y goodness.

6) more data "sources" (like freedb and wikipedia)

7) more nzb sources (like newzbin.com)

8) way advanced: associated/related acts
like, for example, i put in non-alive cab for pretty, i'd like to see related band the mail service, gen bibbard, and high-school linebacker all show up as quick adds

9) ep's! singles! singles+b-sides!
"@steve1977 - it's definitely the foreign artists. I've been meaning to change this for a while so I think I'll hammer that out today. I'm also going to include compilations, EPs, singles, etc. I also really want to include remixes & covers somehow - but I'm not really sure how I'm going to do this yet. Oh, and music videos would be cool"
what about another "column" that just says what it is? i know this is messy, but, i actually flag my stuff in itunes like this so i know just how complete i am. (best of albums, live albums, singles, ep's)

10) super-albums!
a nerd term from me, but i will actually hunt and peck all the "extra" (itunes exclusives, amazon exclusives, target exclusives, japan-only, australia-only) tracks so that i have a super-duper complete beyond complete album (the uber-geek collector)

11) "prefer flac over mp3" option
love that we can get both, but would love to get this

12) lame encoding
to go hand in hand with (11)

13) other art sources
http://www.albumartexchange.com
(or roll your own searches)

14) lyrics!

15) track renaming

15) management, a-la sickbeard
(gets it and knows it, and knows how complete it is)

17) https

18) "mobile" site detection and css (for those of us on tiny screens)

19) (and to go along with that, some way of integrating something like shazaam—we listen to an artist and BAM—they're in there)

obviously, some are much easier than others—but we'll trust your slick judgment to know what's what.

3) question: how do we know what version we're on? i know both the cpotato and the sbeard have ways of showing us what version they're running…
vectorburn

Post by vectorburn »

ah! bug!

(and it won't let me create an account on github)

anyway there's a band that's starts with

"¡"

the artist loads into phones just fine.
when i "want" the album of the same name, "500" errors all over the screen.
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

@Loto_Bak: If you point headphones to your /albums folder, it *should* work. Since it's taking the best match, it will *usually* find the right artist to add. Give it a whirl and let me know your results. In the future I'll just read all your ID3 tags to get correct artists. I can also use that to construct a library of what you already have.

@vectorburn: Lots of great ideas. Does sickbeard currently support multi-users? I'm not really sure how to implement that but I'm sure I could do it. It also sounds like a cool idea.

The reason why I have it go straight to the index is sometimes you'll want to add a bunch of artists at the same time, but I guess that's kind of moot because the search bar is always at the top, even on the artists page.

I definitely want to add features such as related artists, support for ep's, bootlegs, b-sides, etc. That's coming soon - it'll be like how sickbeard has an 'Extras' section at the bottom, and this is where all the *non-official* releases will be located.

In terms of speed, yeah, sickbeard is really slick. I'm moving everything over to templates, and generally re-organizing everything to make it run smoother & faster.

But the rest of your ideas are awesome, most of them have been in the works, but I just haven't had any time lately. I have a few days off now that I'm dedicating to this project.
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

vectorburn wrote:ah! bug!

(and it won't let me create an account on github)

anyway there's a band that's starts with

"¡"

the artist loads into phones just fine.
when i "want" the album of the same name, "500" errors all over the screen.
Hm, let me look at this and try to get a fix up.
vectorburn

Post by vectorburn »

rembo10 wrote:@vectorburn: Lots of great ideas. Does sickbeard currently support multi-users? I'm not really sure how to implement that but I'm sure I could do it. It also sounds like a cool idea.
negative, but they should, too.
rembo10 wrote:The reason why I have it go straight to the index is sometimes you'll want to add a bunch of artists at the same time, but I guess that's kind of moot because the search bar is always at the top, even on the artists page.
actually—could you put the add artists on every page? a couple examples where it would be handy:
a) search results page: say i mistype an artist and it pulls wrong results and i realize my error, i have to hit back and wait a good little bit (because my admittedly abusive long list) for the page to load and search again.

b) "[artist] has already been added." for similar reasons.

question: how far out does the "upcoming" feature work? i realize this is probably not something you control as it's coming from another source, but of my really, really long list, only one artist had anything in it (which is still 5 days out and headphones grabbed (um, awesome).)
lalalnx

Post by lalalnx »

rembo10 great job on this program, seriously. I love sickbeard, and I think this will be very similar!

One question:

When I add a new artist, it finds it, sends it to SABnzbd just fine, but doesn't process it afterwords. The music download folder is set correctly. I don't see anything in the logs after "sent to SABnzbd".

Is there a post processing script I'm supposed to run or a scan interval I can set?
lalalnx

Post by lalalnx »

Also with sickbeard & multiple users I just run multiple instances and give each person a different port. That's an easy fix until the program is more mature.
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

lalalnx wrote:rembo10 great job on this program, seriously. I love sickbeard, and I think this will be very similar!

One question:

When I add a new artist, it finds it, sends it to SABnzbd just fine, but doesn't process it afterwords. The music download folder is set correctly. I don't see anything in the logs after "sent to SABnzbd".

Is there a post processing script I'm supposed to run or a scan interval I can set?
Thanks - still a work in progress so a lot of the functions don't quite work yet - but I'm working actively on changing that.

Auto-processing has been one of those things. I'm going to use beets (http://github.com/sampsyo/beets) to handle it - but tagging is a tricky thing. Right now you can set a category in headphones & sabnzbd to handle moving the files - but headphones doesn't touch the folder once it's downloaded - not yet anyways.
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

vectorburn wrote:
rembo10 wrote:@vectorburn: Lots of great ideas. Does sickbeard currently support multi-users? I'm not really sure how to implement that but I'm sure I could do it. It also sounds like a cool idea.
negative, but they should, too.
rembo10 wrote:The reason why I have it go straight to the index is sometimes you'll want to add a bunch of artists at the same time, but I guess that's kind of moot because the search bar is always at the top, even on the artists page.
actually—could you put the add artists on every page? a couple examples where it would be handy:
a) search results page: say i mistype an artist and it pulls wrong results and i realize my error, i have to hit back and wait a good little bit (because my admittedly abusive long list) for the page to load and search again.

b) "[artist] has already been added." for similar reasons.

question: how far out does the "upcoming" feature work? i realize this is probably not something you control as it's coming from another source, but of my really, really long list, only one artist had anything in it (which is still 5 days out and headphones grabbed (um, awesome).)
I'm changing the layout of a lot of the pages so I'll make sure to add the search bar on those error pages too.

As for the upcoming feature, Headphones polls musicbrainz every night to check for upcoming releases (so you'll see upcoming albums on the front page) - so if it's not on there, Headphones won't find it. I'm going to add a last.fm api for completeness.

I haven't set up the "Upcoming" page though, so you'll only see upcoming albums on the index page and not under the "upcoming" tab.
goldeneyes

Post by goldeneyes »

timmyb12345 wrote:So I've stumbled across this and am extremely interested in it.
- Do you think there is a possibility of introducing some way of forcing an iTunes update? Once an album has downloaded for example?
If you look in your iTunes Library folder, there is a folder called Automatically add to iTunes. If you set this as the final destination, iTunes will automatically import it.
guysmiley85

Post by guysmiley85 »

Is it possible to set this up with a webroot in the config.ini so it can be reverse proxied externally? I've noticed that it's in the issues, but hasn't had an update since late June?
Cheers
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

guysmiley85 wrote:Is it possible to set this up with a webroot in the config.ini so it can be reverse proxied externally? I've noticed that it's in the issues, but hasn't had an update since late June?
Cheers
You're right. I just added it in. It's not an option under the config page, but you can set an 'http_root' in the config.ini and it'll mount there.

On another note, the 'Upcoming' and 'History' tabs are now functional :-)

http://github.com/rembo10/headphones
vectorburn

Post by vectorburn »

how do we update?
how do we stay up on updates?