Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download program

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
demolt

Re: Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download prog

Post by demolt »

Damn, I didn't check this topic for a long time...and now my hero is here haha!

Great app, I tried Audio-matic though the creator did a great job from scratch I still was missing the webbased functionality.

If you ever need any help with the interface graphics then I can give you some help, I'm pretty handy with Photoshop ;)

Keep up the good work and many thanks for creating my wish!
lollan

Post by lollan »

First off, great application.

It would be very nice to have an "automatic download behavior" of sorts for those junkie archivists out there such as myself spoiled by Sickbeard's behaviors.

ie: 'Add an artist' > 'Automatically Download all Albums' as opposed to 'Add an artist' > 'Wait to download all current albums' > 'Set each album to wanted'

Just a suggestion, keep up the great work!
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

I don't think it would work well as a global config option, but maybe when adding an artist, when it shows you the search results, you can click 'Add & Mark All Albums As Wanted'?

Btw, newest version has support for EPs, Compilations, Remix Albums, Live Albums & Singles :-)!
http://github.com/rembo10/headphones
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

rembo10 wrote:I don't think it would work well as a global config option, but maybe when adding an artist, when it shows you the search results, you can click 'Add & Mark All Albums As Wanted'?

Btw, newest version has support for EPs, Compilations, Remix Albums, Live Albums & Singles :-)!
I haven't updated in a few weeks and I wanted to say that you have vastly improved the app in that short time span. It actually does a good job of finding the major albums of the bands it had trouble with previously.

One cool thing might be growl/prowl integration or email notifications when a new album is discovered (not necessarily found on Usenet yet). Some of the more obscure bands may never show up on Usenet, but it would be useful to know an album came out, so I can go buy it :)

Great work man!
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

nomar383 wrote:
rembo10 wrote:I don't think it would work well as a global config option, but maybe when adding an artist, when it shows you the search results, you can click 'Add & Mark All Albums As Wanted'?

I haven't updated in a few weeks and I wanted to say that you have vastly improved the app in that short time span. It actually does a good job of finding the major albums of the bands it had trouble with previously.

One cool thing might be growl/prowl integration or email notifications when a new album is discovered (not necessarily found on Usenet yet). Some of the more obscure bands may never show up on Usenet, but it would be useful to know an album came out, so I can go buy it :)

Great work man!
Ha thanks :-)

Alerts coming soon!

Post-processing finally works! Headphones will now move, rename, add album art, tag (courtesy of sampsyo's beets), and cleanup folders.
flips

Post by flips »

Somebody change this guy's status up from newbie!!! ;D

Seriously great work on this app rembo10! I just set it up a couple of days ago and was really impressed how great it works!

Now you added post processing, which is really great. It looks like I jumped into this app right at the right time.

Question for you, what is the source for the album art? It got the right cover, and over wrote some crappy ripper's logo (thank you), but the issue is that the cover was 1429x1429 pixels and is about 2 megs in size, so it took the file from 5.5 megs to 12.5 megs. Now that I look at it it looks like it took the front cover from the nzb download. Is that always how it does it? What is there is no album art in the nzb file? You might need to put in some sort of resize step to take it down to a smaller resolution before injecting it as the album art.

Other than that the post processing works great! One cool feature would be to be able to post process something already in the library... Similar to how sickbeard let's you rename files that it matches up to episodes.

Thanks again for you great work on this app!
flips

-----

EDIT: Wow... sorry about that. after I dug into the nzb itself it looks like there was both some rar files with had the album and the straight mp3 files in it so it actually had two copies of the album one wth the huge album art. nzb unrared it so I didn't notice immediately. My apologies...
Last edited by flips on July 29th, 2011, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Lets update this to see how the post-processing goes !!
How does the post-processing works ? Will it look in the DOWNLOAD FOLDER every so much hours ? Or something else ?

Would it be possible to build in a RESTART button.(and maybe also an STOP button?)
So after making changes it would be easy to restart it.
sbuser

Post by sbuser »

Is there any way this could be compiled into an executable for windows?

Can this be used without library support? Let's say I have an external program that finds albums I might be interested in. Really all I'd need this to do for me is keep a list of the albums and search for them periodically at the available providers.

For my purposes there would ideally be some kind of API so I could just call the following URL or similar: http://<headphones>/addalbum/artist=foo&albumname=bar

Then the addon would do the lookup for the artist at this time - rather than based on my itunes library or etc - mark the album from that artist as wanted, and proceed accordingly.

Any chance this might be possible? If it can't happen in the form of a windows exe then, sadly, I can't use it :(
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

You do know that you can run all kinds of apps on Windows without it being an excecutable ..

You are indeed able to just add artist you want it to download
So that way it does what you want it to do
gurtman

Post by gurtman »

(Maybe dumb) Post-processing question? I'm using this on Windows 7 64 bit with SABnzbd, do we need to put a script in its (SABnzbd's) "scripts" folder similar to "sickbeardtoSAB.exe" like with the Sick Beard app then tell it to use that script under the "Categories" "music" setting in SABnzbd to make post-processing work?
sbuser

Post by sbuser »

Thanks rascalli. I installed Python and have it up and running.

I see that I can make calls using the MusicBrainz IDs which is great - saves me from having to make an API call to MB myself but it looks like things are still Artist-based. To get a specific album added you still have to go through an Artist page. The link to queue an album is like: http://<headphones>/queueAlbum?AlbumID=MBAlbumID&ArtistID=MBArtistID

When I call that manually without having added the artist first (which is time consuming) the program is not pleased. It would be great if we could have an option to skip the artist-based approach? Or, if that isn't possible, to create a "lite" version of the artist when an orphaned album is added.

If you're dead set on sticking with the artist-based approach only then the best way might be to to cache the mbid of the requested album and then add it to the queue after the artist is fully created with a callback or something? That would be great too. I also wonder how adding an album will work if it's already been added in the past. Control over what to do in that situation would be great.

---
One anticipated response is: well, why don't you just add the artist via whatever is adding the album, and THEN add the album. The problem is that the artist creation process is too slow. It has to be cached or the artist just has to be ignored/separate.
---

Why does any of this matter? Because it would be *really* cool to be able to use MediaMonkey's Last.FM similar tracks feature and have any missing tracks (albums - but I did that translation already) automatically added to the system. In other words - the entire process of finding and acquiring content that one might like becomes automated.
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

Sbuser - i really love the idea of adding the albums directly, and building a "lite" version of the artist from that. It solves another problem I had with soundtracks and what not. And the mediamonkey integration sound amazing, i thought the app was already pretty automated but that would be totally hands off. I dig.

Rascalli - it checks the download folder every couple minutes to see if the expected folders are in there, and if it finds one, it processes it!

Ps there's a restart & shutdown button on the nav bar to the right :)
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

Gurtman - no scipt necesarry, just point headphones to where sab downloads your files (you can customize using categories) and optionally, a destination directory, and headphones will take care of the rest
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@rembo10

Will it also post-process files already in the MUSIC directory ?

as untill now I do not see Headphones do that
Also nothing in the logs about it trying & failing
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

No, not yet, as it will only process folders it recognizes. I'm adding in a manual post processor that will take care of that, but there an extra (and complicated) step of id'ing the albums if they're not properly tagged