Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download program

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
rascalli

Re: Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download prog

Post by rascalli »

Ok I see .. I indeed just saw it add/move something that is just done by headphones.

Looking forward to your manual post-processing
runartrollet

Post by runartrollet »

Just wanted to say that I really love this app. It works so great, just as is actually, it found all the albums I was interested in, and every single one was in great quality. I just made a donation of 55 dollars, and really hope others will do the same and keep the project alive:)

Btw, is there a changelog somewhere?
flips

Post by flips »

I seem to be having problems with the post processing. I see that your latest commit has some more verbose output in the error log. Is there a way to get even more details about the moving or renaming of files?

I am on xp, and it seems to always get stuck on the first album. It will re-do that album every 5 minutes, but it never moves it to the destination directory. Sometimes it will rename the files, but not always. The time stamp is updated so I know it is doing something. If I remove that album it will go to the next, but it is then stuck on that one.

If the log could say why it can't rename or move that would be helpful.

Here is the log. Also, I had to set up the folders are UNC paths, I assume that is what we are supposed to be doing right?

Code: Select all

31-Jul-2011 11:35:29 - INFO :: Thread-59 : Writing metadata

31-Jul-2011 11:35:29 - INFO :: Thread-59 : Adding album art to folder

31-Jul-2011 11:35:29 - DEBUG :: Thread-59 : Removing: folder.jpg

31-Jul-2011 11:35:29 - INFO :: Thread-59 : Cleaning up files

31-Jul-2011 11:35:29 - DEBUG :: Thread-59 : Adding album art to: \\server\complete\Music\[snip]

31-Jul-2011 11:35:29 - DEBUG :: Thread-59 : Adding album art to: \\server\complete\Music\[snip]

31-Jul-2011 11:35:29 - INFO :: Thread-59 : Embedding album art

31-Jul-2011 11:35:26 - INFO :: Thread-59 : Starting post-processing for: [snip]

Thanks,
flips
sbuser

Post by sbuser »

What happens when you use a local path instead of a network drive? Maybe it's related to the SMB paths?
gurtman

Post by gurtman »

A couple things I've found about post-processing/moving & copying files on a Windows box - First, I had to turn off the Read Only attribute on my music destination directory "c:\users\username\music". Second, make sure you use the Windows slash \ in your Headphones config, especially under the "Folder Format" option under "Advanced Settings", the default setting in there uses the Unix/Mac "/". The program would just keep trying over and over again, with no error output before I made these changes.

A suggestion, can you make it so this thing can search something like Mediafire too, kind of like how Sick Beard and Couch Potato have a torrents option? There's a ton of stuff available on there that isn't out on the Usenet, at least on my search provider anyway.

Also, also - great work on this, it's really slick and I've got mine working like a champ now!
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

Hey Gurtman - thanks for the heads up on the directory thing - i'm changing it in the new version so paths are normalized depending on what os you're on.

as for mediafire support - let me look into it but i'll probably just add in torrent support instead

A lot of problems people have been having with post processing will be fixed in the newest version
flips

Post by flips »

Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 12:12 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject:

Thanks sbuser.

Changing to local dirs did the trick. I initially had local dirs, but then switches to UNC because I was having some issues with something that I now forget. Maybe it was something with an older revision. UNC worked fine for the initial import of my music dir.

Now it seems to be working pretty good (since the underscore bug was fixed), but it still seems to be stopping on the first failure. It renamed the folder to add unprocessed at the end, which is a nice feature btw, but it never moves past that one on, even on subsequent manual scans or waiting 5 mins.

02-Aug-2011 05:37:59 - WARNING :: Thread-15 : Could not identify album: d:\[snip]\Music\[album#1] (Unprocessed). It may not be the intended album.

02-Aug-2011 05:37:59 - INFO :: Thread-15 : Found a match in the database: [album#1]. Verifying to make sure it is the correct album

02-Aug-2011 05:37:59 - INFO :: Thread-15 : Found 4 folders: [‘[album#1] (Unprocessed)', '[album #2]', '[album #3]', '[album #4]']

02-Aug-2011 05:37:59 - INFO :: Thread-15 : Checking to see if there are any folders to process in download_dir: d:\[snip]\Music

02-Aug-2011 05:37:55 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-2 : Headphones is already up-to-date.

02-Aug-2011 05:25:14 - WARNING :: Thread-12 : Could not identify album: d:\ [snip]\Music\[album #1]. It may not be the intended album.

02-Aug-2011 05:25:14 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Found a match in the database: [album #1]. Verifying to make sure it is the correct album

02-Aug-2011 05:25:14 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Found 4 folders: ['[album #1]', '[album #2]', '[album #3]', '[album #4]']

02-Aug-2011 05:25:14 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Checking to see if there are any folders to process in download_dir: d:\[snip]\Music

02-Aug-2011 05:25:05 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-4 : Headphones is already up-to-date.

02-Aug-2011 05:24:57 - INFO :: MainThread : Starting Headphones on port: 9093

02-Aug-2011 05:24:55 - INFO :: MainThread : Headphones is already up-to-date.

02-Aug-2011 05:24:55 - INFO :: MainThread : Checking to see if the database has all tables....

02-Aug-2011 05:24:54 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Restarting Headphones with ['C:\\Python27\\python.exe', 'C:\\headphones\\Headphones.py', '--nolaunch']
sbuser

Post by sbuser »

Just glancing at the code it looks like unprocessed means it tried and failed to identify the album. It changed the name to alert you that it can't process the album. It tries 3 different ways to make sure it's the correct release (metadata, filenames, comparison of track# + duration of track) - if things still don't add up it assumes it can't properly process it and leaves it alone.

I submitted a change that I think should resolve the network share post processing problem so that should work when he accepts it
flips

Post by flips »

Wow, you guys are great! Thanks! As soon as I updated the release it took care of one of album #2, but still never got to #3 and #4. It would do the search say is sees them, but never start to post process them. I just cleared out my download dir, and I am going to try to download some new ones and see if those work better. Once I get that tested I will switch back to UNC paths and let you know how that goes.

Also, I think you should add a check if the dir already has (Unprocessed) in the name before adding it again. I ended up with a directory: Artist - Album [year] (Unprocessed) (Unprocessed) (Unprocessed) (Unprocessed) (Unprocessed). Not a big deal really, but it could probably quickly violate the maximum character rule in windows.

Thanks again for making so many code updates!

flips
goldeneyes

Post by goldeneyes »

Hey Rembo

Been using this since I stumbled across it a couple weeks ago. Really impressed with the updates you've been putting in.

I do have a wishlist item - I have a bunch of music on a different server (and physical CD) and don't want to import it into headphones, but it would be nice if I could mark the albums I already have so the library status is more accurate.

Thanks
flips

Post by flips »

sbuser, Thanks for the fix on the UNC paths! I switched them back to UNC and they are working great. I tried a few more new albums after cleaning out the download folder and they were working fine. Not sure what the issue was with those other albums.

flips
flips

Post by flips »

I just moved it from accessing a few test albums to reference my full collection and it is working great. After looking though a number of artists I see that some of the albums it looked like I was missing some tracks, which wasn't really the case, but instead the metadata of the original file was messed up, so headphones wouldn't recognize it as a proper track.

It would be great if there was a way to output all the audio files in a folder that are not sucked into the headphones database (or files that headphones could not find a match for). That would be a great way for me to see what files I need to fix metadata on.

Thanks,
flips
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@Flips

Please post how the file/folder names are of #3 & 4

As I also have a problem that some get processed & some do not.
So I think it has to do with naming
sbuser

Post by sbuser »

I'm putting this here rather than @ GIT because I've spammed the hell out of your issues tracking there already.

After adding the getByID function and linking it to last.fm as discussed above it got .. shall we say.. a bunch of content. However it also marked a bunch of things as wanted that are not currently available from any provider (hundreds of them). I assume the current searcher is a temporary situation to get things up and running?

It would be best if in the end it worked similar to sickbeard where it conducts an initial backlog search when an item is added and then only scans the provider RSS streams for updates periodically (as opposed to conducting a query). This would also involve caching the RSS so that it is only requested once every, 10-15 minutes or etc (more often than for sickbeard for obvious reasons). Then a weekly backlog search could be implemented in case the searcher missed an RSS stream for whatever reason.

Currently it's checking every provider for every wanted release every 6 hours. I changed the search time and will blow out the wanted database but you get the idea - when you add lots of content to the system it starts really hammering providers.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

How does the post-processor expects the folders to be named ??

As I get the following errors :

06-Aug-2011 18:27:25 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Couldn't parse Above And Beyond-Tri State (2006) into any valid format. 
06-Aug-2011 18:27:25 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Couldn't parse Above And Beyond-Tri State (2006) into a valid Newbin format 
06-Aug-2011 18:27:25 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Couldn't parse Above And Beyond-Tri State (2006) into a valid default format 

06-Aug-2011 18:27:25 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Couldn't parse Sandy Dane - Beautiful And Ugly (2010) (Unprocessed) into a valid default format 
06-Aug-2011 18:27:25 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Couldn't parse Aqua...Aquarium-(1997) into any valid format. 
06-Aug-2011 18:27:25 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Couldn't parse Aqua...Aquarium-(1997) into a valid Newbin format 
06-Aug-2011 18:27:25 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Couldn't parse Aqua...Aquarium-(1997) into a valid default format 
As you see the folders (Albums) are all named a bit different , but I would expect that Above and Beyond & Sandy Dane to be picked up OK
I can understand a problem with Aqua