Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download program

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
davevdg

Re: Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download prog

Post by davevdg »

rembo10 - I double checked my settings, they seem good. This morning the program says I'm 18 commits behind. Last night it said it said I had the latest version. So I upgraded and now it works. So far this app looks awesome. Thanks for the work you have done on this!
sluggo

Post by sluggo »

Great little addon - would it be possible to add an option to post processing to set permissions, like Sickbeard does? Right now, Headphones will move the files correctly to my "Add to itunes" folder on my NAS, however because the way it sets permissions when it moves them iTunes can't automatically delete them after processing. This causes iTunes to re-process those files over and over again.

Some option to set 755 or other permission bit on the files after they are moved would solve this.

Thanks for the great script!

EDIT: Found it in config.ini, looks like an option you added but haven't exposed in the front end yet. Checking GitHub confirmed this :)

I changed it to 0777 from 0755 and the problem seems to be solved - thanks!!
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

Hey Sluggo - glad you found it :-)

I'm trying to keep the config UI as simple as possible so I thought i'd keep the more advanced stuff in the config.ini only (e.g. permissions, chron job intervals, etc.)
highend

Post by highend »

Any hints how I get it working under windows?

Win7 SP1 Ultimate x64, german.

Downloaded python-3.2.1.msi (x86) and installed it (C:\Python32).
Downloaded and extracted the latest headphones release (rembo10-headphones-742e89b).

Dos Box:
D:\Users\Highend\Downloads\Default\rembo10-headphones-742e89b>"c:\python32\pythonw.exe" headphones.py

Doesn't do or show anything. No browser window is opened, http://localhost:8181 isn't reachable.

D:\Users\Highend\Downloads\Default\rembo10-headphones-742e89b>"c:\python32\python.exe" headphones.py (python.exe without the w)
leads to this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "headphones.py", line 5, in <module>
from lib.configobj import ConfigObj
File "D:\Users\Highend\Downloads\Default\rembo10-headphones-742e89b\lib\config
obj.py", line 1644
except Exception, e:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Uninstalling python (x86) and installing the x64 version doesn't make any difference.
evilhero

Post by evilhero »

Headphones doesn't support python 3.x...try a downgrade to python 2.6 / 2.7 and you'll probably get it to work :)
highend

Post by highend »

Thx evilhero, 2.7.2 (x86) works :)
highend

Post by highend »

A minor problem...

2011-08-23 16:14:24 WARNING Could not identify album: D:\Users\Highend\Downloads\Newsleecher\.Music\Roxette - Tourism [1992]. It may not be the intended album.

It was downloaded correctly via SABnzbd...
Placemaster

Post by Placemaster »

Make sure the ID3 tags are correctly set for the album. Use Musicbrainz pickard for this. Also make sure the albumname is correct.
Of course the format should be artist - album [year]
lollan

Post by lollan »

This is probably quite a stretch and I wouldn't expect Headphones to support it at this point:

I am using the nzbs.org rss feed for music. I have both that feed and Headphones sending their initial completed downloads to a .temp directory. I do this with the hopes of Headphones being able to take those (often strangely) named files and manually post processing the directory to have a nice standard nomenclature.

However, I am not having any luck at this point - again, not so much expected.. but it would be really nice to have. Album titles obviously stripped save the end of the title.

2011-08-25 19:33:49 INFO Couldn't parse LINUX-ISO-Promo WEB-2011-SL into a valid Newbin format

or

2011-08-25 19:33:49 INFO Couldn't parse MORELINUX-ISO VLS-1990-YARD into a valid Newbin format
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@ Lollan , the examples posted are music albums ???

Headphones can only manual process files not send by headphones.
So what happens when you use the manual post-processing ? (when you process music albums)
Inflatablemouse

Post by Inflatablemouse »

Hey all,

I've been experiencing a few issues with HP, I'm hoping we can resolve some of them or otherwise I'll be able to help make it better by providing logs or something. I really like this program :)

Before we get into the issues, I'd like to stress that my music library is extremely tidy. I'm quite a music lover and I've put considerable effort into organising the files, tags and album covers. I dare say my library is >99% complete and correctly named, both folders and filenames as well as tags. The library is 187 artists, 632 albums and 7499 files. Minor issues exist, for instance Jennifer Warnes' album 'Famous Blue Raincoat' is now referred to as 'Famous Blue Raincoat: The Songs of Leonard Cohen'. The album was re-released with a new cover and a few new songs whereas I have the original album/cover. Just an example out of quite a few. Some are not not obvious though, literally named what HP shows but not deteced/imported.

1. Artists do not get all their albums imported. Jennifer Warnes only has 2 albums while she has 8 or 9. I can manually add an album, search for it and it will find it. Then when it is added, it does find my files.
2. Many albums are added to artists that I have but my albums are not recognized
3. Several artists are shown to have too many songs. B.B. King is shown having 900 songs, I supposedly have 901 of them. When I select BB, it shows a proper amount of albums but it shows I have no songs.
4. Often the number of owned/total songs is incorrect
5. When a folder gets renamed, a refresh of that artist doesn't pick up the new folder
6. Artists/albums are imported that I have never heard of and are not in my library.
7. I've configued a usenet retention of 800 days but HP does not seem to honor that setting. It regularly picks downloads over 900 days old.

Last but not least, an import is tediously slow. I'm on a very fast computer, 2 independent raid sets, virus scanner disabled but the import of my library takes an entire night (I think it took over 8 hours). I had it running overnight. When I checked the next day the interface was sluggish as hell. After I shutdown and restarted python/headphones the interface was speedy again but imports aren't.

If you need any logs or other info I'd be happy to provide them.

Thanks!
lalalnx

Post by lalalnx »

This program is coming along very nicely. I've been playing with the developer branch, nice new look too.
MrHaugen

Post by MrHaugen »

This look like a great app! Just started using it.

I have a couple of problems though.

1. I can't get Headphones to rename and move my downloaded albums. They just stay in the directory I have chosen for my "music" category in SABnzbd. Music Download Directory is set as: "Z:\NZB\Headphones Download" and Destionation folder is set as: "Z:\Audio\Albums". The category is set to "music" just like SABnzbd+.

2. What is the best indexers for Flac or lossless albums, and is it possible to use those in Headphones? Or is it possible to easily search and add albums from this searches with SABnzbd through a black hold download or something? It will mean a lot of renaming and moving, but that is better than crappy MP3's imo.

One small improvement suggestion. When you mark an album as downloaded, fill up the green numbers, indicating you have it in your collection. There is several albums that is not recognized even though I have them.
MrHaugen

Post by MrHaugen »

Any progress here? I'm very eagerly awaiting the tagging features here, so I can finally start using this app to it's potential :D
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Were those files in the folder before ? Or did HP download them ?

Do your logs tell you anything ?