Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download program

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
jasonnm

Re: Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download prog

Post by jasonnm »

@rembo10 - thanks for your reply!
I am using nzbmatrix, nzb.su and newzbin. Seems very weird - will I be able to see in the logs what the "lucky" 30th artist is?

Cheers, and keep up the great work! :)
MrHaugen

Post by MrHaugen »

rascalli wrote:HP does not look in a folder automaticly for new downloads , you need to manual start this.

It does auto post-process downloads it send itself to sabnzbd+
I did not quite get this. HP does not look for new downloads from SABnzbd, set under HP options? How can HP be aware of new downloads then? There is no way that I'm going to look for new downloads all the time, and then kickstart a processing script.
I know that HP sends downloads to sabnzbd, but I've not seen any attempts to process the filenames etc? The files does NOT move to my Music destination folder. Even though all folder options is set correctly.

A better explanation of what is needed and how this is supposed to work would be very much appreciated!
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

Headphones will send downloads to sab in the format of Artist - Album [Year]. As soon as something is snatched, it will check the download folder every 5 mins for a match. As of right now, if you have sab replacing spaces with underscores, the folders won't be automatically post processes. Working on a fix for this though
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

HP keeps adding artist that I do not have .. (maybe they have 1 song toogether with another artist ?)
How can I prevent this from happening ?

Can I turn off the folder search to update artists ?
MrHaugen

Post by MrHaugen »

rembo10 wrote:Headphones will send downloads to sab in the format of Artist - Album [Year]. As soon as something is snatched, it will check the download folder every 5 mins for a match. As of right now, if you have sab replacing spaces with underscores, the folders won't be automatically post processes. Working on a fix for this though
I do not think that is the issue. Currently I have no scripts for the Music category for HP in SABnzbd+. HeadPhones obviously gets the album info, finds the NZB and sends it to SABnzbd+. The albums is placed in "Z:\Downloads\NZB\SAB Headphones Download" as set in SABnzbd, and are of the following format "Artist - Album Name [Year]". Music download directory is set at the same folder as SAB downloads moves the complete albums to. I have the following Post processing settings:

Folder Format:
artist/album
File Format:
tracknumber - artist - title

The scan folder for my Artists and albums is: Z:\Audio\

My installation was a bit old. 35 commits behind it said. I'm not sure how much difference it will do. I'll try to do some more downloads and check the results after that. I'd still appreciate any hints as to what the problem might be, if this was supposed to work in this kinda outdated build though!
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

Yeah try updating, make sure the proper post processing checkboxes are ticked, check the folder capitalization, all that stuff. It works, so just make sure the settings are correct and everything should be golden
prophetizer

Post by prophetizer »

everytime i click on WANT it crashes cherrypy

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/michael/_xbmc/headphones/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/Users/michael/_xbmc/headphones/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/Users/michael/_xbmc/headphones/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/Users/michael/_xbmc/headphones/headphones/webserve.py", line 164, in queueAlbum
searcher.searchforalbum(AlbumID, new)
File "/Users/michael/_xbmc/headphones/headphones/searcher.py", line 65, in searchforalbum
foundNZB = searchNZB(albumid, new)
File "/Users/michael/_xbmc/headphones/headphones/searcher.py", line 337, in searchNZB
sizenode = item.getElementsByTagName("report:size")[0].childNodes
IndexError: list index out of range
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

prophetizer - i think that's a known issue with newzbin. I don't have an account so it's hard to test (if you want to help out it might speed things up - see this issue on github: http://github.com/rembo10/headphones/issues/275)
prophetizer

Post by prophetizer »

interesting, thanks for that. the one fix on there was to use my actual email instead of username, but i already had my email so i changed it to my username and it worked. weird, i wonder if it is just not saving the settings right the first time. i will try changing back and see if it still works or not.
prophetizer

Post by prophetizer »

nope, didn't work lol, but at least it does work one way or the other
simonw500

Post by simonw500 »

Hi, what variable parameter do I need to use so as the disc number prefixes the track number when renaming file post-processing?

Thanks.
simpic

Post by simpic »

Hi,

I cant seem to download the code from https://github.com/rembo10/headphones.git or wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18712538/Headph ... install.sh && sudo chmod +x headphonesinstall.sh && ./headphonesinstall.sh

Any ideas?
arkhawgs

Problems finding music

Post by arkhawgs »

I have been using Headphones now for a while and I like the concept. However lately I'm having issues with not being able to find new albums. Some examples are TobyMac's new "Christmas In Diverse City" that released in October 2011, some Sara Evans, and many others. I don't believe this to be a problem with HP, but a problem with MusicBrainz.Org. I say that because I'm not finding them there. I really wish HP would integrate with a better music site or even iTunes, Google Music, Yahoo, anything but MusicBrainz.

Also as a feature request, it would be nice if we could have a way to tell headphones to give us all new music that comes out after a certain year within a certain genre, or build a tie into the the billboard charts. Just thoughts.
gnu

Post by gnu »

I've installed Headphones on a QNAP NAS and I'm using AFP to transfer files.
When trying to sync a music folder Headphones is logging a read error when accessing .AppleDouble folder created by OS X.
I've managed to solve (I hope) the problem by adding the following line to librarysync.py:

Code: Select all

...for files in f:
	# Exclude hidden .AppleDouble directories
	if ".AppleDouble" in r: break
I've never coded in Python before, so probably isn't the best solution.
Someone with this problem?
Hope someone can help to improve.
jaybird260

Post by jaybird260 »

I just set this up this morning and it is the perfect companion to Sickbeard and Couch Potato. One issue that I've run into is when I scan my existing library I'm getting errors related to accessing the database.

2011-12-16 15:15:32 WARNING Database Error: unable to open database file

And then when the scan completes and it starts adding the artists and albums it only adds a few and I get this error about the database being full.

2011-12-16 15:18:58 ERROR Database error: database or disk is full

I've run the scan a couple of times now and each time a few more artists are added but I constantly see the unable to open database errors while it is scanning and then the database or disk is full after it adds a few artists. I have quite a bit free space on the drive that I've got HP running on so not sure why this is happening.

Jay