Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download program

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download program

Post by nomar383 »

The two artists that I have tried to add have both come up with missing albums, even though MusicBrainz appears to have all the albums listed. Not sure what to make of that?

Two artists that I've tried:
The Films
Arctic Monkeys
SABCommand for iPad Developer
SABConnect for Safari 5 Developer

Bug Tracking:
http://redmine.kalenhansen.com

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/SABCommand
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Yeah I also have this sometimes happen .. maybe the connection @ that moment is not good
Try again some other time , what happens then ?

Latest changes helped me to get my library imported, tx for that
nomar383
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nomar383 »

rascalli wrote: Yeah I also have this sometimes happen .. maybe the connection @ that moment is not good
Try again some other time , what happens then ?

Latest changes helped me to get my library imported, tx for that
I've tried re-adding them a few times with the same story. Not really sure what the deal is. I only have those two artists to test right now.
SABCommand for iPad Developer
SABConnect for Safari 5 Developer

Bug Tracking:
http://redmine.kalenhansen.com

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/SABCommand
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

I am facing the same issue. Not sure whether this has anything to do, but both artists are foreign artists. I have tried "Peter Fox" and "Soehne Mannheims". Both have albums showing up on "musicbrainz", but both don't have any albums showing up in headphones.

Separate feature request - would it be possible to also (separately) show compilations?

Thanks in advance, this is a fantastic tool!!!
splnut

Post by splnut »

I never got it working on my unraid server with python 2.6.6 but I its working like a charm on Win7 64bit with python 2.7.

Thanks.
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

nomar383 wrote: The two artists that I have tried to add have both come up with missing albums, even though MusicBrainz appears to have all the albums listed. Not sure what to make of that?

Two artists that I've tried:
The Films
Arctic Monkeys
Yeah - it's filtering out non-US releases. Kind of a quick fix to avoid so many duplicates. I'm working on a better filter today that'll just pick the best match from each release group on MusicBrainz (a release group contains all the different versions of the album - digital releases, various releases by country, bonus discs, etc).

An easier way to do this would just be to list release groups as albums, but then there would be no track information :-/

@steve1977 - it's definitely the foreign artists. I've been meaning to change this for a while so I think I'll hammer that out today. I'm also going to include compilations, EPs, singles, etc. I also really want to include remixes & covers somehow - but I'm not really sure how I'm going to do this yet. Oh, and music videos would be cool

@spinut - not sure why it's not working on 2.6.6 but I believe I used 2.6.6 to test it so I can try to help fix whatever might be wrong

In any case, I'm gonna get a much better version out soon now that I'm back from traveling

Thanks for all the feedback!
TotalHTPC

Post by TotalHTPC »

Hey man, just wanted to say GREAT work on this.  I am so excited there is finally a web solution for downloading music via Usenet.
With that in mind, I also just made a guide for installing and working with your app on my new blog. http://www.totalhtpc.com/headphones-sic ... for-music/.
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

TotalHTPC wrote: Hey man, just wanted to say GREAT work on this.  I am so excited there is finally a web solution for downloading music via Usenet.
With that in mind, I also just made a guide for installing and working with your app on my new blog. http://www.totalhtpc.com/headphones-sic ... for-music/.
Woah, awesome, thanks!
TotalHTPC

Post by TotalHTPC »

Woah, awesome, thanks!
Yea man, keep up the great work.
Last edited by TotalHTPC on June 22nd, 2011, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nefarious
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Nefarious »

Any chance of compiling this to an .exe file like Couchpotato offers now?
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

Nefarious wrote: Any chance of compiling this to an .exe file like Couchpotato offers now?
For sure - I'm looking at the Sick Beard code now to figure out how to do it right
bpierce815

Post by bpierce815 »

First off, It's absolutely wonderful that someone has taken this task up.  Thank you.

A suggestion that you have probably already heard that I recommend for a future release:
Allow users to mark Albums as Downloaded so that I can keep track of Albums that I already have.

Thanks,
Ben
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

bpierce815 wrote: First off, It's absolutely wonderful that someone has taken this task up.  Thank you.

A suggestion that you have probably already heard that I recommend for a future release:
Allow users to mark Albums as Downloaded so that I can keep track of Albums that I already have.

Thanks,
Ben
I'm testing out Mutagen to read the id3 tags of individual songs so you can even see which tracks you have off an album, so eventually you can download single mp3s
TotalHTPC

Post by TotalHTPC »

Would be awesome if there was an easy way to upgrade too.  Just upgraded to the new version, and it killed my config.
jdwoods

Post by jdwoods »

Has anybody had any issues when using SSL with Sab?

I haven't been able to import NZBs into Sab using Headphones... I think that Sab's use of SSL may be the reason...

Thoughts?