Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download program

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
philphil112

Re: Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download prog

Post by philphil112 »

Hi,

trying to get this set up at the moment, and having some problems (apart from the musicbrainz errors)

once an album has downloaded, it attempts to post process it, seems to rename it ok etc, but never moves it to the destination folder.

i have the option ticked, and a destination folder specified

it shows as 'snatched' in headphones still, is this because its getting stuck on the processing somewhere?

thanks for any help in advance
Last edited by philphil112 on May 9th, 2012, 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpankIt

Post by SpankIt »

@philphil:

What OS are you running?
What user is headphones running as?
Does that user have sufficient rights to the destination folder?
philphil112

Post by philphil112 »

windows xp

don't have user accounts/passwords so i don't think that could be a problem (just use the computer as the default 'compaq_owner')?

thanks
SubNoize

Post by SubNoize »

Is it possible to get multiple newznab sites supported? So we can add our own??
clobber

Post by clobber »

Hi, I'm trying to install Headphones on my XP HTPC. I downloaded and installed the Python 3.2.3 msi. I then tried running the Headphones.py file from windows explorer. That launched a cmd window which disappeard quickly, but nothing happened. That is, I could not access localhost:8181. When I execute the .py file from the command line I got a trackback for the file configobj.py line 1644. It seems to not like the comma following the word "Exception"

Also, I already am using couchpotato and sickbeard. Shouldn't headphones just work?

Am I doing something wrong?
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

Faintuk wrote:
deviantone wrote:Looks like a great addon can't believe took me this long to stumble on. Question trying to add artist but getting this error, anyone know of the fix?

Attempt to retrieve information from MusicBrainz for release group "09ae8c7a-594a-442c-b5f2-47f3bbfb105a" failed (HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable)
This is a known problem with musicbrains, go into the settings and scroll down to the Muscbrainz Mirror option from here you can change where the information is grabbed. You can also select "headphones" which is a dedicated server run my the developer but you have to give a donation to gain access, I have done this and have had no more errors when adding artists
You can run your own server in virtualbox. Just download the appliance here, set the network connection to bridged mode and run the replication script (takes 5 hrs or so) and server start script, and it's good to go. You need a spare 15Gb of drive space and 1.5Gb of Ram though, so it's not ideal.
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

Hmm, the way in which Headphones scans for albums and tracks is entirely wrong imo. It seems to use ID3 info and yet ignore directory structure and album info. It will find a track with a particular title and put the same track under both an album and a single, even though the single version might be completely different from the album version. I think Headphones should probably assume the ID3 info for an existing collection is faulty and incomplete, and scan for artist/album folder structure alone. Only when it has established what albums are supposed to be in the collection should it start to see if those albums are complete and the ID3 tag info is correct.

It also cannot tell the difference between different versions of the same album. If, for instance, an album I have has 16 tracks but the first hit on musicbrainz only has 12, then Headphones should be checking to see if there are deluxe versions that match the track number I have. At the very least it should leave anything that does not match til the end and then ask the user to manually select versions.
philphil112

Post by philphil112 »

philphil112 wrote:Hi,

trying to get this set up at the moment, and having some problems (apart from the musicbrainz errors)

once an album has downloaded, it attempts to post process it, seems to rename it ok etc, but never moves it to the destination folder.

i have the option ticked, and a destination folder specified

it shows as 'snatched' in headphones still, is this because its getting stuck on the processing somewhere?

thanks for any help in advance
it was one album causing the problem, had a '!' in the title.
Wouldn't move the folder (or even attempt to), and wouldn't process anything else while it was in the download folder.
barknic

Post by barknic »

I've opened my MB mirror up, if you PM me i'll give you the address. I dont want to get too many people on it, but for folk that dont want the hassle to set their own private one up I dont mind sharing.
elmarkou

Post by elmarkou »

Dear Mr/Mrs,

I just want to give you an update about the automatic music download "Headphones".

I spend a lot of time making a new interface for it and today we pushed a new version to be downloaded with the new interface I created.
more info & screenshots https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/pull/604

Kind regards

Elmar Kouwenhoven (elmarkou @ github)
Faintuk

Post by Faintuk »

Very very nice, I'm off to update
philphil112

Post by philphil112 »

Many thanks Elmar, looks excellent, updated earlier today.
brando56894

Post by brando56894 »

My database doesn't seem to update, even when I tell it to re-scan my files. I deleted 10,000 Fists by Disturbed since they were WMA and Headphones only picked up the 4 MP3 files. When I manually moved over the files and hit re-scan it didn't change anything on the interface but I know it at least re-scanned it since I have this in my terminal:

11-May-2012 18:42:21 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-11 : Now adding/updating: Disturbed
11-May-2012 18:42:24 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-11 : Now adding/updating album: The Sickness
11-May-2012 18:42:26 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-11 : Now adding/updating album: Believe
11-May-2012 18:42:29 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-11 : Now adding/updating album: Ten Thousand Fists
11-May-2012 18:42:31 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-11 : Now adding/updating album: Indestructible
11-May-2012 18:42:34 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-11 : Now adding/updating album: Asylum
11-May-2012 18:42:34 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-11 : Updating complete for: Disturbed

The only way it will update the database is if I manually post process it.
bcboncs

Post by bcboncs »

Anyone have an issue where a bunch of artists and albums keep appearing/downloading that you don't want?

I think I may have accidentally typed in an artist's name where it asks for the last.fm user and perhaps it is populating a bunch of albums and artists that I don't want because of that. I'm not sure though.

Can someone inform me of how to fix this or what file I should edit? There are a ton! Thank you a bunch!

boncs.
syngress

Post by syngress »

I have just started using headphones again after being away from it for a long time, couple of questions though.... Is it possible to only have it display albums and not all the singles and collections for each artist? Also when it does the renaming and moving of files is it possible to have it rename files so that it adds any feat. artist? This I think is/was an option in Picard?