Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download program

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
dcuellar

Re: Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download prog

Post by dcuellar »

syngress wrote:I have just started using headphones again after being away from it for a long time, couple of questions though.... Is it possible to only have it display albums and not all the singles and collections for each artist? Also when it does the renaming and moving of files is it possible to have it rename files so that it adds any feat. artist? This I think is/was an option in Picard?

I was having the same issue with the singles and collections until I donated to get the headphones mirror. Also, make sure that in the settings you have "Automatically include extras when adding an artist" set to off.

I would also love to have it add "feat. artist" when renaming files.

One more feature I think this needs is to allow the user to exclude .eac files when searching for lossless. They end up as unprocessed because there are no individual flac files for each song.
dcuellar

Post by dcuellar »

Just ran across another problem now. If an album has 2 CD's it will not recognize and process it. Usually they are named as 101 or 201 for CD 1 Song 1 and CD 2 Song 1, respectively.

Where is the best place to post these requests/issues? I don't know that rembo checks these forums anymore.
redlob

Post by redlob »

sluggo wrote:Great little addon - would it be possible to add an option to post processing to set permissions, like Sickbeard does? Right now, Headphones will move the files correctly to my "Add to itunes" folder on my NAS, however because the way it sets permissions when it moves them iTunes can't automatically delete them after processing. This causes iTunes to re-process those files over and over again.

Some option to set 755 or other permission bit on the files after they are moved would solve this.

Thanks for the great script!

EDIT: Found it in config.ini, looks like an option you added but haven't exposed in the front end yet. Checking GitHub confirmed this :)

I changed it to 0777 from 0755 and the problem seems to be solved - thanks!!
I've changed my config.ini too, but after restarting headphones, the permissions are back to 0755 :o How can I change the permissions permanently to 0777?
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

It's easier for me to track issues on the github issue tracker (although headphones is getting a website soon!)

redlob: change the config.ini when headphones has shut down, otherwise it will just be overwritten
redlob

Post by redlob »

Thanks for the tip, rembo10, it worked :-)
Also thanks for your quick reply!
andypandyswe

Post by andypandyswe »

Can I use headphones to autodownload audiobooks as well as music?
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

It might be possible. It's a matter of setting the right categories with the search providers
andypandyswe

Post by andypandyswe »

Ok, thanks Rembo, I'll fiddle around a bit and see what i get...
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

its in the develop branch :-)
andypandyswe

Post by andypandyswe »

oh, ok. I'll just wait and keep my fingers crossed then...
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

Andy: check the latest :-)

Just an fyi, if anyone's having trouble updating, its because of the new github API update, which I totally didn't prepare for. You'll have to manually update (either by doing a git pull or redownloading the zip/tar from http://github.com/rembo10/headphones). If you went the zip/tarball route, you can copy over your config.ini and headphones.db file so you'll keep all your settings and artists, etc. If you're just doing a git pull, no need to copy anything, just restart headphones after it grabs the update.

Anyways, hope you guys like where headphones is going.. I have some pretty cool plans for it in the future :-)
andypandyswe

Post by andypandyswe »

Sorry for beeing a bit of a noob but I'm not sure what github or "the tarball route" is... I downloaded a package for my Synology DS1512+ NAS from a guy called superzebulon (from within the DSM package center). Does the above post mean there is a new version for me? If so, where do I direct package center to look? At the github.com url above?
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

This has info on updating the superzebulon package:
https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/issues/685
andypandyswe

Post by andypandyswe »

thanks rembo. I really should take the time to learn some Linux... Think I can manage with those instructions and a bit of googling though. I'll give it a try this weekend.
gillepy

Post by gillepy »

is there an irc channel to get help? having problems trying to add my existing albums also the app doesn't seem to be moving the processed files.