MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
binhex

Re: MovieGrabber - completely automated movie downloader

Post by binhex »

@rascalli

edit - just to double check your running 2.0.9, as 2.0.8 had an issue with queue release.

can we try the following then:-

1. defined folders for watched - can you pm me your config.ini entries for the folders section)

if this looks ok, and tbh i think it will be, then we can move onto 2.

2. sqlite db is corrupt in some way - can you shutdown moviegrabber and go to the db folder and delete the results.db file, also can you delete all nzb's in the queue folder then start moviegrabber, this should recreate the db, obviously it will be blank so try forcing a run now and see if this fixes the issue.

one more thing im assuming you did do this when you upgraded to 2.0.9 (assuming your running 2.0.9):-
2.0.9 released, this is just to squash the bug as reported by al1937 (see above post for details).

upgrading:-
- shutdown moviegrabber
- delete results.db in the db folder (required in ver 2.0.9 due to changes in code)
- unzip and overwrite all files
2.0.9 released, this is just to squash the bug as reported by al1937 (see above post for details).
kiljaden
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by kiljaden »

First of all congrats on the work you have done so far , because for me at least until now it was smooth , but if I may I do have some remarks/request for you:

1. In the folders section make sure to check the full path for existing path because at the moment it only scans the root folder making configuring a bit more difficult.
Let's say you have a folder named Movies and inside it you have two folders one named Oranges and the other Apples , and only inside these two folders the movies . Now if you add only the folder Movies in the Movies Downloaded: section it will just ignore all the movies in the two sub-folders Oranges and Apples . Only when you separate add them to the path they will be included. This isn't a big deal but would make configuring more time consuming and "uglier" when you need to add 20 sub-folders rather than a single root one .

2. When a movie is found to match the generic rules but you have the section set as Queued Releases for further user intervention , it would be better not to prematurely download the NZB .One of the reasons not to download them automatically is most sites have a limit of the number of downloads per day (nzbmatrix) which could lock your account for one day for downloading unneeded nzb's. The other reason even if the site doesn't have limits (nzbs.org) it would be nice to save as much bandwidth as possible for everyone.
So instead of automatically downloading the nzb's from the Queue section , downloaded only when needed :)

3. I would like some improvements in the history tab , namely adding two more buttons : one for directly banning a movie/release , and a second button for adding to Queue/Download if you've found a release that originally didn't match the rules but you still would like to view it.

Thanks for the hard work , and keep up the good job !
binhex

Post by binhex »

kiljaden wrote:First of all congrats on the work you have done so far , because for me at least until now it was smooth , but if I may I do have some remarks/request for you:

1. In the folders section make sure to check the full path for existing path because at the moment it only scans the root folder making configuring a bit more difficult.
Let's say you have a folder named Movies and inside it you have two folders one named Oranges and the other Apples , and only inside these two folders the movies . Now if you add only the folder Movies in the Movies Downloaded: section it will just ignore all the movies in the two sub-folders Oranges and Apples . Only when you separate add them to the path they will be included. This isn't a big deal but would make configuring more time consuming and "uglier" when you need to add 20 sub-folders rather than a single root one .

2. When a movie is found to match the generic rules but you have the section set as Queued Releases for further user intervention , it would be better not to prematurely download the NZB .One of the reasons not to download them automatically is most sites have a limit of the number of downloads per day (nzbmatrix) which could lock your account for one day for downloading unneeded nzb's. The other reason even if the site doesn't have limits (nzbs.org) it would be nice to save as much bandwidth as possible for everyone.
So instead of automatically downloading the nzb's from the Queue section , downloaded only when needed :)

3. I would like some improvements in the history tab , namely adding two more buttons : one for directly banning a movie/release , and a second button for adding to Queue/Download if you've found a release that originally didn't match the rules but you still would like to view it.

Thanks for the hard work , and keep up the good job !
hi kiljaden, replies as follows:-

1. this isnt actually true, using your example:-

movies\oranges
movies\apples

if you specify the name "movies" as your root folder then it will check for any sub folders, so if a movie named "oranges" appeared and you had specified "movies" as your root folder then a match would be made, moviegrabber does NOT currently support folders that are deeper than one sub folder e.g. this would NOT match (assuming again you specified movies as your root folder):-

movies\fav_movies\oranges

one other thing to note is you can have multiple root folders and they can also exist on different drives, for e.g:-

c:\movies1\oranges
c:\movies1\apples

d:\movies2\pears
d:\movies2\bananas

as long as you specified the root folders as "c:\movies1,d:\movies2" (make note has to be comma seperated) then a match would be made for oranges, apples, pears, or bananas (man im getting hungry :-) )

IMPORTANT NOTE:- moviegrabber uses the imdb movie title to do the match, thus you must make sure all sub folder names EXACTLY match the imdb title name, either excluding the year in brackets if you have enable append year turned off, or with the year in brackets if you have it turned on.

2. i like your suggestion!, i will take a look into this, im keen to reduce the load on any external site so i will see if i can just create a link to the nzb as opposed to downloading it.

3. yep i have thought of some sort of blacklist/whitelist buttons, will add to list

glad your enjoying moviegrabber :-)

binhex.
kiljaden
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by kiljaden »

binhex wrote: if you specify the name "movies" as your root folder then it will check for any sub folders, so if a movie named "oranges" appeared and you had specified "movies" as your root folder then a match would be made, moviegrabber does NOT currently support folders that are deeper than one sub folder e.g. this would NOT match (assuming again you specified movies as your root folder):-
Dunno if i made myself clear but this is exactly what i meant : at this moment if you have a root folder name movie and a sub-folder oranges in which you have another directory called apples , the apples movie isn't view if you only added the movie folder.

Code: Select all

X:\movie\oranges\apples
And you are right if you add oranges folder than everything is OK .
But considering I and many other might have already sorted movies into different categories (folders) under a single root folder , it would be a lot easier if i only added movies folder rather than every single sub-folder in it . Not a big deal but more time consuming and makes keeping statistic of current configs harder .
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@binhex , still on 2.0.6 .. as that one you can run with python 2.6
still need to find away to install python 2.7 on my nas without it affecting anything else ..

Are all other needed apps still included in moviegrabber ?
binhex

Post by binhex »

rascalli wrote:@binhex , still on 2.0.6 .. as that one you can run with python 2.6
still need to find away to install python 2.7 on my nas without it affecting anything else ..

Are all other needed apps still included in moviegrabber ?
ahh right!, in that case it could very well be a bug in 2.0.6. in answer to your question, yep absolutely everything required is included, excluding python itself of course, unless your a windows user that is in which case the binary download includes that too :-).

have you been in touch with the other devs to see what 2.7.x would break?, im assuming your running couchpotato, sickbeard, and possibly headphones too right?.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

yes I am indeed running all those apps & sabnzbd+
winniwinter

Post by winniwinter »

Hi,

yesterday I installed this addon on my ubuntu machine. Today I configured it with the web gui. I'm using nzbmatrix for this.

I think I configured everything. I'am able to klick on the run button in the Home section. But nothing is happening :(
If I look at the movie list of nzbmatrix at least one movie should pop up. Since I'm new at this addon I think I have definitly done something wrong.
I had a look into the log directory. But there is no file in it...
So where can I see what goes wrong here?!

My config.ini:
[folders]
movies_downloaded_dir = /media/Videos/HD Filme
movies_to_replace_dir = /media/Videos/XViD
watch_dir = /home/user/Downloads/WatchedFolder
nzb_dir = /home/user/Downloads
completed_dir = /media/Videos/TEMP/movies
queue_dir = /home/user/Downloads/Queue
metadata_dir =
cherrypylog_dir = /usr/local/sbin/moviegrabber/logs
warninglog_dir = /usr/local/sbin/moviegrabber/logs
errorlog_dir = /usr/local/sbin/moviegrabber/logs

[switches]
enable_downloaded = yes
enable_replace = yes
enable_favorites = yes
enable_preferred = yes
enable_queuing = yes
enable_metadata = no
enable_release_group = no
enable_email_notify = no
enable_append_year = yes
enable_posters = yes

[imdb]
good_genre = action,adventure,animation,biography,comedy,crime,fantasy,history,mystery,sci-fi,thriller
good_rating = 6.5
good_votes = 200
good_date = 2000
preferred_genre = action,adventure,comedy,fantasy,sci-fi,thriller
preferred_rating = 6.0
queue_genre = action,adventure,animation,comedy,fantasy,sci-fi
queue_date = 2000
bad_genre = documentary,drama,family,film-Noir,game-show,horror,music,musical,news,reality-tv,romance,short,sport,talk-show,war,$
bad_title =
fav_dir =
fav_actor =
fav_char =
fav_title =
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi, what have you set your search criteria to?, found in configuration/website/search criteria
winniwinter

Post by winniwinter »

hi,

this is what I have set
+1080p +720p -hdtv
binhex

Post by binhex »

winniwinter wrote:hi,

this is what I have set
+1080p +720p -hdtv
yep as suspected thats your issue, your basically asking to match on a post title with 1080p AND 720p NOT hdtv, which is not going to match, you need to drop either 1080p or 720p or change it to +bluray, a few examples that all work:-

+1080p -hdtv
+720p -hdtv
+bluray -hdtv

my recommendation would be to go for the third option above which will give you both 720p and 1080p matches. one other thing there is a bug in 2.0.9 (fixed in 2.1.0) for the category "all formats" so for now please make sure you choose a category, for hd content "hd/x264" will do it.

i hope this sorts it for you.

binhex.
winniwinter

Post by winniwinter »

hi,

thanks. I changed it. Now I get this in the error logs:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "MovieGrabber.py", line 2529, in RunDownloader
PosterDownload()
File "MovieGrabber.py", line 1741, in PosterDownload
ErrorLogging("Poster Download Function")
File "MovieGrabber.py", line 1695, in PosterDownload
poster_image.load()
File "/usr/local/sbin/moviegrabber/lib/sitepackages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 164, in load
self.load_prepare()
File "/usr/local/sbin/moviegrabber/lib/sitepackages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 231, in load_prepare
self.im = Image.core.new(self.mode, self.size)
File "/usr/local/sbin/moviegrabber/lib/sitepackages/PIL/Image.py", line 37, in __getattr__
raise ImportError("The _imaging C module is not installed")
ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed
binhex

Post by binhex »

am i right in thinking your not running python 2.7.x?, if so then you will need to upgrade (if running 2.6.x) or downgrade (if running 3.x.x)
winniwinter

Post by winniwinter »

Hi,

no I installed 2.7 and created a symlink to /usr/bin/python .

This is what the Terminal tells me:
Python 2.7.0+ (r27:82500, Sep 15 2010, 18:04:55)
[GCC 4.4.5] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
winniwinter

Post by winniwinter »

Code: Select all

poster_image.load()
  File "/usr/local/sbin/moviegrabber/lib/sitepackages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 164, in load
    self.load_prepare()
  File "/usr/local/sbin/moviegrabber/lib/sitepackages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 231, in load_prepare
  File "/usr/local/sbin/moviegrabber/lib/sitepackages/PIL/Image.py", line 37, in __getattr__
1[b]8/10/2011 00:23:11 Error In NZBMatrix RSS Function[/b]
  File "MovieGrabber.py", line 2529, in RunDownloader
    PosterDownload()
  File "MovieGrabber.py", line 1741, in PosterDownload
    ErrorLogging("Poster Download Function")
    poster_image.load()
    self.load_prepare()
Hi now I have found another problem I think.

What does that mean:
8/10/2011 00:23:11 Error In NZBMatrix RSS Function

And has it something to do with the message on nzbmatrix:
Friday 14th October the old RSS Direct Download URL (http://nzbmatrix.com/api-nzb-download.php) will be changed to reflect the current API direct download url (http://api.nzbmatrix.com/v1.1/download.php) For most users of the RSS this will have no effect, but if you use scripts or 3rd part apps it might. A redirect will remain in place once the change has been made
PS:
I'm not very familiar with python but as far as I can see you are not using the API of nzbmatrix right? So this should be not the problem..hmpf