MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
theotocopulitos

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by theotocopulitos »

Hi,

Checking the program for the first time. I really like the idea. But, beats me! I am not sure I understand when nzbs are queued or sent to sabnzbd directly. At this time the queue is always empty, while downloading seems to work fine.

Also, I see that the option under switches: "(?)Enable Queuing: Switch queue genre and date on/off." does not let me choose "yes" (it is grayed out).
Finally, how can I tell sabnzbd that these nzb files should go to the movies category?

Thanks!
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

theotocopulitos wrote: Checking the program for the first time. I really like the idea. But, beats me! I am not sure I understand when nzbs are queued or sent to sabnzbd directly. At this time the queue is always empty, while downloading seems to work fine.

Also, I see that the option under switches: "(?)Enable Queuing: Switch queue genre and date on/off." does not let me choose "yes" (it is grayed out).
Finally, how can I tell sabnzbd that these nzb files should go to the movies category?

Thanks!
Hey Binhex,
I though I would Help out a Little.

theotocopulitos,

Queuing is for grabbing movies you may like that dont fit your Good, Preferred, Favorite Definitions and allows you to choose which to download and not.

To setup Queuing you need to fill in both Queue Folder in the folder tab and your Queued Definitions in IMDB tab before you can choose "Yes" to Enable Queuing.

And lastly the movie category, http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-categories
You create a folder (In your FileSystem) in your Sabnzbd watch folder named Movies. Then create a category in Sabnzbd's Config naming it the same as the folder you created and filling in the other info like the completed folder. Then go back to Moviegrabber and fill in your Watched Folder: (the same as the watch folder you just created), Completed Folder: (the same place as you setup in your Category settings) and your Movies Downloaded folder (where your movie library is (it can be multiple folder check the ?)).

Give that a try.
J03
theotocopulitos

Post by theotocopulitos »

J03, thanks a lot for the thorough explanation! :)
binhex

Post by binhex »

thanks J03 thats a great explanation, nice to see your still around too :-).

just a quick point regards the queue feature, 2.1.5 will be changing this so that queued movies will no longer result in a downloaded nzb to a folder but instead the nzb will be only be downloaded in the background when a user clicks on the download icon (sabnzbd logo) in queued (goes straight to watched folder).

this will results in less "wasted" bandwidth for the index site and also less hard drive space used for the user, this also means that users can now relax their matching criteria further if they wished to allow more results to be queued without the worry of hitting the daily nzb download limit on the index site. the only downside would be a small wait time whilist the nzb is downloaded before it gets sent to sabnzbd+ watched folder, but from my tests its typically only around 5-10 seconds.

along with this i will be adding in the ability to download nzb's manually in the history, thus a user could "force" a download regardless of ALL criteria if required, this will create a background thread on moviegrabber NOT a manual download on the client as it currently is in 2.1.4

its requiring a bit more effort than i first thought but its going well and i am expecting 2.1.5 to be released by end of next week.

binhex.
baje

Post by baje »

Thx for your work.

Just try on Windows 7 64 bits.

moviegrabber-win32-bin-2.1.4 just doesn't want to start.

moviegrabber-win32-bin-2.1.3 start on Windows 7 64 bits but fail on Windows 2008 R2.

My NAS is on Windows 2008 R2. Maybe you have some info on this so i can know if i can use your programs with my O.S. And maybe something is wrong with 2.1.4 but i can't find any log...
shoebox

Post by shoebox »

Thanks for a great plugin:)

But I think i found a bug that manages to crash python.
I am using Mac OSX Lion.
In the box where you are supposed to enter the "(?)ID and Hash Key:
Define nzbs.org ID and Hash Key." if you give it the wrong input and try to click Run Now it crashed python instanty. I found out it was because i had only written "i=number&h=longnumber" and accidentally left out the initial ampersand "&".
binhex

Post by binhex »

shoebox wrote:Thanks for a great plugin:)

But I think i found a bug that manages to crash python.
I am using Mac OSX Lion.
In the box where you are supposed to enter the "(?)ID and Hash Key:
Define nzbs.org ID and Hash Key." if you give it the wrong input and try to click Run Now it crashed python instanty. I found out it was because i had only written "i=number&h=longnumber" and accidentally left out the initial ampersand "&".
hi shoebox, thanks for posting this, very interesting, i wonder if this is the cause of the issue roontoon has been having hmm i shall have to pm him and see. shoebox would it be possible for you to post any error message your seeing when the crash happens just to see if it does match the crash report that roontoon is getting.

i may consider splitting up id and hash into separate fields in future versions just to make it clear and remove requirement for any &= etc from the strings.
binhex

Post by binhex »

baje wrote:Thx for your work.

Just try on Windows 7 64 bits.

moviegrabber-win32-bin-2.1.4 just doesn't want to start.

moviegrabber-win32-bin-2.1.3 start on Windows 7 64 bits but fail on Windows 2008 R2.

My NAS is on Windows 2008 R2. Maybe you have some info on this so i can know if i can use your programs with my O.S. And maybe something is wrong with 2.1.4 but i can't find any log...
hi baje, i will give this a go on monday as i have can get access to win7 64bit and windows 2008 r2 64bit so i can test it. the error logs will be written to your logs folder which by default is a sub folder off the root of moviegrabber.

unfortunately i dont have enough time to test on every platform, so it is possible its a 64bit bug, i will report back.

binhex.
Robahearts

Post by Robahearts »

This tool is really powerfull. Thanks
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi baje, did some testing and found out the issue is related to windows 2008 r2 64bit not having the visual c++ dll's (used by py2exe) included with windows, i will bundle the required dll's with the next release 2.1.5 which will be out shortly.

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok quick question, is anybody running moviegrabber 2.1.4 on osx lion 10.7.2 without any issues?, i just want to try and gauge if the ongoing crash issue is affecting all osx lion users.

thanks,
binhex.
baje

Post by baje »

Ok, thank for your feedback :)
Robahearts

Post by Robahearts »

binhex wrote:ok quick question, is anybody running moviegrabber 2.1.4 on osx lion 10.7.2 without any issues?, i just want to try and gauge if the ongoing crash issue is affecting all osx lion users.

thanks,
binhex.
I'm running it with no issue but i was having problems at the beginning.

Python kept crashing for no reason so I checked every setting and I noticed under Website > Search Criteria http://i51.tinypic.com/ayafif.jpg I had an extra - .I removed everything and just left +1080, +720p and that fixed the error for me.
binhex

Post by binhex »

thanks robahearts, fingers crossed this is the issue roontoon has so i can mark this as resolved.

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok 2.1.5 released just in time for the weekend :-), see first post in this thread for changelog.

upgrading?
1. shutdown moviegrabber
2. unzip to same folder overwriting all files/folders
3. start moviegrabber

please note if you are using nzbs.org as your index site you will need to re-enter in your id and hash values in configuration/website in the webui, these values have now been split to stop confusion, you do NOT need to prefix/append these values with "&" or "=" values as previously, you can find your id and hash values from the following url http://www.nzbs.org/user.php?action=profile

any bugs please post the traceback and details on how to reproduce the error.

binhex.