MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
al1937

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by al1937 »

Hi Binhex

Upgraded from 2.1.5 to 2.1.6 and get the following error:

08/03/2012 15:08:17 Error In MyMovies Creation Function
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "MovieGrabber.py", line 1948, in MetaData
AttributeError: class GlobalVars has no attribute 'last_run'
08/03/2012 15:08:17 Error In NZBs RSS Function
File "MovieGrabber.py", line 3645, in NZBsIndex
File "MovieGrabber.py", line 2085, in MetaData
File "MovieGrabber.py", line 1948, in MetaData
AttributeError: class GlobalVars has no attribute 'last_run'

I tried it with Newznab and NzbMatrix and get similar errors.

Cheers al1937
benjamato

Post by benjamato »

hi benjamato, i havent factored in upgrading from 2.1.3 as there we quite a few changes from 2.1.3 to 2.1.6, best thing is to do a fresh install of 2.1.6 and just redo the settings, i know its a pain but hopefully you wont need to do this again for some time.
I did clean install of 2.1.6 and manually restored my settings and all is well now. I noticed the entry for the queued folder location was now missing, no other config differences noted. I like the new icons on the history page - great work.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi rkm, thanks for posting the traceback, i know what the issue is, its not related to the previous bug but is to do with html entity chars (although as you say it does look similar), the reason i didnt pick this one up in testing is cos it only occurs with movies with foreign imdb titles, its just chance that nzbmatrix happens to have a foreign titled movie posting in their rss feed and nzbs.org doesnt, the bug could potentially happen on either index site.

i will upload a fixed copy in the next 10 mins, it will be in the beta folder ok, i dont want to push to releases until i know it def fixes the issue.

binhex,
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi al1937, i know what the issue is, i have changed the "last run" variable and forgot to update for metadata function, please also have a look in the beta folder in the next 10 mins (uploading now), please let me know if the issue is fixed, if so i can move to release folder, thanks for your feedback!

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi benjamato, glad you like the changes :-)
RKM

Post by RKM »

Wow, that's some quick fixin' :-)

Can I ask you a simpler, newbie question? I notice that the option "Enable Download: Switch downloaded movie checking on/off." is set to "No" in my case, and the "Yes" option is disabled.

I could go in and modify this in the .ini, but I had assumed it was there for a reason so I should not do that.

The only reason I ask, I just had MG grab 5 movies that I have already downloaded, and I didn't realize/catch it before SAB downloaded them all.

If there were a way to upload a CSV or LF-separated list of movies not do download, or something else you can imagine, that would be huge. The option you have now, that checks the directory is not going to be quite as uploading a list, because many people keep their movies in multiple directories.

Separate from these feature requests, 2.1.6 seems to be working very good, nice work!
binhex

Post by binhex »

issues with sourceforge :-(, will upload in the morning guys, gotta get some sleep - rkm will post tomorrow regards your question.

binhex.
benjamato

Post by benjamato »

I notice that the option "Enable Download: Switch downloaded movie checking on/off." is set to "No" in my case, and the "Yes" option is disabled.
You have to define the "Movies Downloaded" folder(s) before the YES option is enabled. This is true with many of the switches.
benjamato

Post by benjamato »

If there were a way to upload a CSV or LF-separated list of movies not do download, or something else you can imagine, that would be huge. The option you have now, that checks the directory is not going to be quite as uploading a list, because many people keep their movies in multiple directories.
For multiple directories to check for downloaded movies, just enter them separated with a comma (no spaces after commas though). I have like 15 folders configured with no issues so far.
RKM

Post by RKM »

@benjamato-
Thank you, that makes perfect sense. I should have realized that!

A couple quick questions.
If I enable Metadata, does this create .nfo files similar to what XBMC supports, or is this metadata format only able to be used by MediaCenter?

There is an option, "Enable Queuing". The tooltip is a little confusing. Is the purpose of this option simply to toggle the use of a queue instead of automatically pushing directly into automatic-download mode?

Thanks again!
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

RKM wrote: If I enable Metadata, does this create .nfo files similar to what XBMC supports, or is this metadata format only able to be used by MediaCenter?
RKM,

Metadata does create .nfo files similar to what XBMC supports but the files are stored in a separate folder then the Movie and XBMC or any other MediaCtr may not see it. This is due to MovieGrabber being a per-processing script/addon not a post processing which is when the files are copied to the correct folders.

To fix this, I also set up CouchPotato and have MovieGrabber download the movie to CouchPotatos post-processing folder and allow CouchPotato to do additional post-processing creating the thumbnails and metadata of many different MediaCtr formats that will be saved in the correct folders.

Take a look here if your interested in this setup.

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10028

I'm Sure binhex is looking into creating a post-processing addition to his great Addon ether by creating a processing folder like CouchPotato or create a SABtoMoviegrabber script to finalize the process.

Helping Out
J03
RKM

Post by RKM »

Hi JO3,
Thanks for the reply. That's an awesome idea. Strangely, for me, I keep everything in the same folder for my new items.

I've always been really curious about how everyone else does this. I mean, it seems everyone loves to keep their movies/TV shows organized into separate folders.

I do the opposite, I like to have a Tivo-style "Now Playing" window of everything I've downloaded but not yet watched. Then, once I watch it, I either delete it (if TV or a movie not worth keeping) or if it's a movie I like, I might download a better copy, organize into my archival folders, etc.

Since I'm the exception to the way everyone else goes about it, I figure there is probably something big I'm missing in the way others are using XBMC. If you have another really smart suggestion on this overall methodology, I'm all for it!

Thanks again,
RKM
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

RKM,

Organizing Media into folders has become standard. Each MediaCtr likes its media organized a particular way to be best displayed
(Thumbnails and Metadata). XBMC on the other hand is a very powerful MediaCtr and is capable of scanning and organizing its own library with the ability to scrape for info and Thumbnails all on its own. So it comes down to whatever type of MediaCtr you have and how much of a neat freak you are.

Standardization helps everyone, simplifies the code causing less errors and less bugs.

now back to the topic

MovieGrabber Rocks

binhex great work
J03
jlguerrer

Post by jlguerrer »

Hi, I am trying to setup MovieGrabber 2.1.6 on unraid and i get the following error:

09/03/2012 10:45:40 Error In NZBMatrix RSS Function
File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 3198, in NZBMatrixIndex
self.FilterCheck()
File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 2604, in FilterCheck
ErrorLogging("Filter Check Function")
File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 2450, in FilterCheck
if self.isInWatched(GlobalVars.imdb_movie_title) == 1:
File "/mnt/cache/.moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 797, in isInWatched
if os.path.exists(os.path.join(GlobalVars.watch_dir, check_watched_folder) + ".nzb"):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/genericpath.py", line 18, in exists
st = os.stat(path)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb7' in position 35: ordinal not in range(128)

Thanks
RKM

Post by RKM »

@JO3 - Yes, I'm very familiar with different media centers. I originally started with XBMP (Xbox Media Player, prior to the XBMC project) but I have also run Sage, Myth, MediaPortal and about a dozen different Sigma/Realtek boxes. I've used their metadata-driven DB options where available, in depth.

Buy my question was simply how you go about managing the type of workflow I mentioned. I figured you might have some unique insight as you jump through considerable hoops to have your system take the extra post-processing step.

None the less, you're correct, I shouldn't have swayed off topic. The answer to my original on-topic question, it appears is that the .NFO's generated by MG are able to be used by XBMC. Thanks again for that.