MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
theotocopulitos

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by theotocopulitos »

Hi.

Using nzbmatrix, Sabnzbd complains that the downloaded nzb files are empty. If I download them directly from nzbmatrix.com, they seem to be ok. Using v.2.1.7.
binhex

Post by binhex »

looks like nzbmatrix are having issues as im seeing the same, give it a try in a few hours or check their forum for an update.

edit - just took a quick look at their forum and sure enough:- https://nzbmatrix.com/forums.php?action ... 365&page=3

binhex.
Last edited by binhex on April 2nd, 2012, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
binhex

Post by binhex »

indomiti wrote:Hi

I previously had Python 2.6 and have been running the old MovieGrabber for a long time now, maybe a year, but it have stopped working and i dont want to spend time to fix it...

So i installed Python 2.7.2:
# python --version
Python 2.7.2+

And when i try to start the new MovieGrabber 2.1.8.b1 i get the following:
http://pastebin.com/hfbv27ar
hi indomiti, any chance you can run that without the v flag, that output is making my head hurt :-). also check the log files there maybe some more useful info logged (located in logs folder off root of moviegrabber).
indomiti

Post by indomiti »

Hi binhex

Without the -v its like this:
# python MovieGrabber.py
Aborted

So it doesnt say much... with -vv it logs even more than what i pasted on pastebin so be happy i didnt do the most verbose logging :)

the logs folder is empty

Probably its something with the last line?
import ctypes._endian # precompiled from /usr/lib/python2.7/ctypes/_endian.pyc
Aborted
binhex

Post by binhex »

i would say thats a bad install of python 2.7.x as "/usr/lib/python2.7/ctypes/_endian.pyc" is a internal python module, it isnt a module ive included with moviegrabber, might be worth trying a reinstall of python.
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok beta2 going up now, this will be the last beta for 2.1.8 (assuming no issues found) before releasing as final, changelog for this version:-

- change relaxed requirements for search criteria for all index sites, will now allow empty search criteria (will match all posts in category)
- change allow user to specify separator for imdb name i.e. spaces, hyphen, dots, or uderscores in webui
- change now using row factory for sqlite (used in cheetah templates)

if you have been using beta1 then please note that i have now changed the imdb separator value so you can choose it from within the webui (default is spaces) this has the added benefit of outputting the folder with your specified separator.

one other thing to note, nzbmatrix are having issues right now, so downloads may not work correctly.
theotocopulitos

Post by theotocopulitos »

binhex wrote:looks like nzbmatrix are having issues as im seeing the same, give it a try in a few hours or check their forum for an update.

edit - just took a quick look at their forum and sure enough:- https://nzbmatrix.com/forums.php?action ... 365&page=3

binhex.
Thanks for taking time to look into this. We will have to wait :P
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

Any chance to use imdbapi.com rather than imdb.com to pull the information? Not only should it be faster, but also works in China (where imdb.com is blocked).
indomiti

Post by indomiti »

I got MovieGrabber ver 2.1.8.b2 running and i have a "+1080p" as Search Criteria for nzbmatrix but it doesnt seem to get any search results.
If i leave Search Criteria empty i get lots of results in History
indomiti

Post by indomiti »

Is there any way to make MovieGrabber keep the name as its posted on nzbmatrix or any site instead of the movie title?
binhex

Post by binhex »

I got MovieGrabber ver 2.1.8.b2 running and i have a "+1080p" as Search Criteria for nzbmatrix but it doesnt seem to get any search results.
If i leave Search Criteria empty i get lots of results in History
hi indomiti, which category have you selected?, make sure its hd/x264, if this category isnt selected then you most probably wont get any results for a search criteria of +1080p

just tested this and it works fine and is showing results in history.
Is there any way to make MovieGrabber keep the name as its posted on nzbmatrix or any site instead of the movie title?
no sorry not right now, i could add this in as an option, reason its not set like this by default is because it makes matching already downloaded movies tricky, in any case i would recommend having the imdb name as the output folder as this will help any metadata scraper you may use to correctly identify the movie, keep in mind the outputted movie file will still be the original post name.

binhex.
indomiti

Post by indomiti »

hi binhex, sorry.. i changed the Search Criteria to empty and back again a couple of times and clicked the "Run Now" in between and now suddenly it works....
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

Hi Binhex

sorry to trouble

i am trying to reduce chances of movies being added which already exists in my downloaded folders, which means i am opting to rename the folders as per the IMDB title

as you may know some characters is now allowed in folder names :
: ? / \ < > |
thus meaning - if an imdb name contains these characters, they will have to be ignored/replaced with an alternate (so that a correct matching folder can be found)

Can you please look through the few examples below, and tell me what folder name Moviegrabber will be searching for?

*note the colon followed by a space..."

Code: Select all

"2001: A Space Odyssey"
ID  : tt0062622
my recommended name : "2001 A Space Odyssey (1968)"

"colon but no space"

"11:11"
<id>tt0396401</id>
my recommended name :"11-11 (2004)"

"Question mark"

"Are We There Yet?"
<id>tt0368578</id>
my recommended name : 'Are We There Yet (2005)"

All other invalid characters in my case was deleted from the title -

Thank you for your dedicate support so far

neo_x

PS

touchwood - but nzbmatrix(both RSS and API) seems to be fine now. a good website to reference (or possibly add a check into movie grabber?) is nzbmatrix.info
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote:
C:\Movies\The Matrix (1999)

is valid

C:\Movies\The Matrix 1 (1999)

is not.

yep def send me your logs next time it happens and i will gladly take a look over it.

binhex.
Just after this exchange I had one, but the log was set to minimal. I set to detailed and it has taken this long for another example to show up:

Listed on hard drive:
Lethal Weapon (1987)

Listed in MovieGrabber:
Lethal Weapon (1987)

Ended up in the queue anyway.

Directories are set to: (note 'M' drive is a mapped network drive)
M:\Movies\Movies Xvid, M:\Movies\Movies HD

Enable Existing Movie Check:
Set to 'Y'

I did a search find and cut out the section for this movie but I don't see any references to a hard drive check. I will send you the cut out section directly.

Also I have to say I liked clicking the check boxes and then releases to queue better. Each time I click Sab icon to release there is a pause while Moviegrabber processes. Other way was easier from a user standpoint, click click click, release, purge queue. Now it is click..wait, wait... click... wait wait..

Hard drive check not always working is not a big deal deal for me but thought it might be good to bring up so any bugs can be squashed or user error highlighted. :-)

Thanks in advance!!
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi neo_x, at the moment moviegrabber simply removes any illegal characters from the imdb name, using your examples:-

2001: A Space Odyssey

translated to

2001 A Space Odyssey

11:11

translated to

Are We There Yet?

translated to

Are We There Yet

i like your suggestion of converting 11:11 into 11-11 as an alternative, bit tricky to regex as in your example your both replacing ":" with null and also replacing ":" with "-" so i would need to build a bit of logic into, i could as you pointed out use the space to decide whether its time format or not, what about movies like "50/50" im guessing your preferred name would be "50-50"? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1306980/).