MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
pilGrim

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote:hi pilgrim, this error looks like a server side issue, probably around ssl:-

it is also possible that nzbs.org are shutting down the "classic" part of the site and now only support the newer newznab based nzbs.org website. so i would recommend that you switch your index site to newznab and fill in the details as follows for moviegrabber in configuration/website:-

hostname:- https://nzbs.org
port:- 443
api/rss key:- <your_key>

the rest can be copy and pasted from nzbs.org into the same text fields in newznab section.

future versions of moviegrabber i will be removing nzbs.org completely from the index site selection and relying only on newznab, i will also have some presets defined so you can just select the most common index sites from a dropdown to populate the above settings :-)
Hi Binhex,

I made the changes, shutdown the server and I cannot get it to restart. I tried a reinstall, reboots, nothing seems to work. The changes that you suggested don't seem like they would cause such an issue. the only other change is that I changed logging from Information to exception I think.

TIA.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

pilGrim wrote: Hi Binhex,

I made the changes, shutdown the server and I cannot get it to restart. I tried a reinstall, reboots, nothing seems to work. The changes that you suggested don't seem like they would cause such an issue. the only other change is that I changed logging from Information to exception I think.

TIA.
Not sure what happened, but I loaded a fresh install and it now seems to work fine. Copied the old config except for the website setup. History is filling in so it seems to be working.

Thanks.
kiljaden
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by kiljaden »

I have a little request regarding the providers: could add support for searching multiple providers at the same time ?

I ask this because even though most of the time one provider should be enough (nzbs.org or nzbmatrix for instance) one of them misses some posts, or the update rate of one is much faster than the other. This isn't a very big issue but if MovieGrabber could automatically search on more search on two ore more providers at any one time this would solve the issue quite well.

Also considering the abundance of newznab providers, it would also having the ability to add more than one newznab provider. Not to mention that now the old nzbs.org is dead the only newznab provider now i'm using is the nzbs.org.
elmetal

Post by elmetal »

I've used this when I was running my server on windows7 .

Now I'm on unraid, and since this is python, it should theoretically work. with that said, has anyone here successfully run this on unraid?
My main worry is that I'm still on python 2.6.x here on my box.
binhex

Post by binhex »

kiljaden wrote:I have a little request regarding the providers: could add support for searching multiple providers at the same time ?

I ask this because even though most of the time one provider should be enough (nzbs.org or nzbmatrix for instance) one of them misses some posts, or the update rate of one is much faster than the other. This isn't a very big issue but if MovieGrabber could automatically search on more search on two ore more providers at any one time this would solve the issue quite well.

Also considering the abundance of newznab providers, it would also having the ability to add more than one newznab provider. Not to mention that now the old nzbs.org is dead the only newznab provider now i'm using is the nzbs.org.
hi kiljaden, i will add this to the list, its been requested a few times and i dont really see too much of a problem coding this but it may be a while before its done as i have bigger fish to fry :-)

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

elmetal wrote:I've used this when I was running my server on windows7 .

Now I'm on unraid, and since this is python, it should theoretically work. with that said, has anyone here successfully run this on unraid?
My main worry is that I'm still on python 2.6.x here on my box.
ive seen over on the unraid forum a guy actually did get moviegrabber running successfully by creating a "plugin" of moviegrabber, unfortunately i think development then stopped so its an out of date version of moviegrabbe, i dont see it being too tricky to do though, is unraid 5.x rcx using python 2.6.x do you know?

link to forum post:- http://lime-technology.com/forum/index. ... c=18680.45
elmetal

Post by elmetal »

it is indeed still running 2.6.6 with no real timeline or plans for 2.7
binhex

Post by binhex »

elmetal wrote:it is indeed still running 2.6.6 with no real timeline or plans for 2.7
moviegrabber as im sure your aware is built around python 2.7.x, however ive seen from the unraid forum post that people have got it working by removing module argparse and just relaxing the checks at the start of moviegrabber (checks for python 2.7.x) once these tweaks are done you would then need to create a unraid plugin version of moviegrabber, at the moment i have no idea how this is done as i havent looked into it, im sure it cant be too tricky though. once ive got v2.2.x out and post processing working correctly then i will take a look at unraid and see if i can get this working correctly, im def interested in this too as im toying with the idea of setting up my own unraid system, obviously it HAS to run moviegrabber ;D

if by any chance you do manage to create a moviegrabber plugin then please let me know the steps required :-).

binhex.
elmetal

Post by elmetal »

Yeah I've read that post, and have even seen the plugin... it's just that the plugin is not updated with the new version of moviegrabber.

It would just be easier to upgrade the python in unraid tbh. I need to do that...

I hate taking down my server though. unraid = amazing. seriously
cartoonesque

Post by cartoonesque »

Hey guys!

i'm really new to all this. i just finished setting up my Sabnzbd + Couchpotato + Sickbeard on my mac (Lion, didn't dare to try Mountain Lion due to worries of compatibility issues) and i came across this. i seem to have problem accessing the download link on page one (SourceForge link). My computer automatically downloads a .rss file every single time i click it. And when i click that it takes me to my rss reader app to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this please?

On a side note, i noticed that my first try with couch potato was a little wonky as it'd download movies in languages foreign to me.. i was wondering if MovieGrabber had the ability to download english only movies?

Finally, i'd like to thank you guys for your time and binhex for building what i've read is such a wonderful tool!

Again,
Thank You.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi cartoonesque, im guessing your using chrome?, im afraid chrome is just a little crud when it comes to rss, ive now put in a direct link on the first post, that should then show you the 3 sub folders, click on release to see the latest releases, 2.1.9 is the current version, i hope this helps.

binhex.
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

Had a quick search through the thread, and it seems most people are relying on +, -, +- for searching on nzbmatrix. Matrix does actually support AND, OR etc, but they need to be quoted. Since moviegrabber makes the search string url safe and so removes quotes, add something like

Code: Select all

brrip %22OR%22 bdrip %22OR%22 720p %22OR%22 screener %22OR%22 R5 %22OR%22 R2
as a search term in moviegrabber. The result is https://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-search.php?se ... movies-all, which works.
binhex

Post by binhex »

c0ld wrote:Had a quick search through the thread, and it seems most people are relying on +, -, +- for searching on nzbmatrix. Matrix does actually support AND, OR etc, but they need to be quoted. Since moviegrabber makes the search string url safe and so removes quotes, add something like

Code: Select all

brrip %22OR%22 bdrip %22OR%22 720p %22OR%22 screener %22OR%22 R5 %22OR%22 R2
as a search term in moviegrabber. The result is https://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-search.php?se ... movies-all, which works.
hi c0ld, thanks for posting this, thats really interesting!, i just assumed from their search help page as stated that AND OR NOT operators are not permitted, see this link https://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-search-help.php, quote:-

Search: AND OR NOT
Result: Using the text equivalent operators AND, OR, NOT is not supported.

obviously although they aren't supported they def do seem to work if you put quotes around the operator, this could def help people refine their searches a little more, i will take a look at this in more detail and see if i can work this into the code so that the user isnt required to put quotes in the search criteria.

thanks again!

binhex.
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

It might well be a SQL injection, who knows.
merc68

Post by merc68 »

Hi , love the app. having a small issue with it. got it set up to find movie and download nzb file from nzbmatrix. what is not happening is that sabnzbd iis not picking up nzb file and downloading movie ???? any thoughts