MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
binhex

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by binhex »

Hi make sure watched folder specified is the same for both sabnzbd and moviegrabber and it should then work fine.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Binhex,

Sure you have been busy life, but any update on the new features? XBMC and ember have decent trailer support now, so if Moviegrabber had file rename and move capabilities it would allow me to stop running couchpotato.

Still use moviegrabber as my primary movie tool as rating based hands off downloading is the best!!

Cheers
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi pilgrim, yep a quick update, ive been coding away in the background, i have most post processing rules working now, ive built a flexible section which allows to create multiple post processing rules, this should then allow you to create quite advanced filtering so you can move movies based on genre, filename, extension etc, you can also delete unwanted files based on any of the previous criteria too.

the file renaming is one section ive not completed yet, as its slightly more tricky than you first might think, for example handling multiple video files in one movie folder requires some thinking about names to stop clashes, also trying to identify what is a video file and what isnt could be a little tricky also.

im going to plough on with this as i want to get this out as beta1 and see what bugs appear :-), fingers crossed should have something out by mid october.

glad your still enjoying movegrabber :-)
merc68

Post by merc68 »

Hi all, ive posted before with no reply so im am hoping i can get some help now. I use sabnzb and nzbmatrix with firefox as browser. the issue i am having is thus.... Movie grabber does go and get nzb's as per my set criteria, what is not happening is that sabnzb will not download files from the downloaded nzb files from moviegrabber??? if i go to nzbmatrix and pick a file then szbnzb works fine. movie grabber puts its files in the same place as a direct d/l and sabnzb gets all the files from one location. Anythoughts????
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

merc68 wrote:Hi all, ive posted before with no reply so im am hoping i can get some help now. I use sabnzb and nzbmatrix with firefox as browser. the issue i am having is thus.... Movie grabber does go and get nzb's as per my set criteria, what is not happening is that sabnzb will not download files from the downloaded nzb files from moviegrabber??? if i go to nzbmatrix and pick a file then szbnzb works fine. movie grabber puts its files in the same place as a direct d/l and sabnzb gets all the files from one location. Anythoughts????
Movie Grabber puts the nzb file into your SABnzbd blackhole also known as "watch folder". If you download an nzb from NZB matrix and place it into the blackhole and SABnzbd picks it up, then odds are you have a typo in your moviegrabber configuration. Check: configuration, folders, entry top right called "watched folder", this path must be exact to your SABnzbd watch folder for movies.

If you are in movigrabber and can see movies in the "history, view history" section, then clicking the "SAB" icon should place the nzb for the movie in the black hole. If that is working but movies are not auto downloading or filling the queue (if you set up for queue versus direct download), then you might need to check your settings in; "configuration, website, search criteria", might need to be changed, you can see dialogue on that topic in previous posts.
merc68

Post by merc68 »

thanks for the reply, went through everything you posted. folders are exactly the same. I've gone and found everything i can on the configuration part of this and yet nothing. its almost as if the file is not a nzb file but yet properties says it is but regardless sabnzb will not download any nzb's from MG..... any other thoughts????
binhex

Post by binhex »

merc68 wrote:thanks for the reply, went through everything you posted. folders are exactly the same. I've gone and found everything i can on the configuration part of this and yet nothing. its almost as if the file is not a nzb file but yet properties says it is but regardless sabnzb will not download any nzb's from MG..... any other thoughts????
hi merc68, a few questions for you to try and fix the issue:-

1. is moviegrabber creating files with a nzb extension in the specified watched folder (as configured in configuration/folders/watched folder in the gui)?
2. if moviegrabber is creating an nzb file what size is it?
3. have you tried opening the nzb file with a text reader such as notepad?, if so what is the contents of the file?
4. are there any errors or warnings in the moviegrabber.log file?, the log file should be located by default in the logs folder off the root of moviegrabber.
5. are you seeing any errors showing up in sabnzbd+? such as invalid nzb or something similar?
6. what version of moviegrabber are you using and on what operating system, including appliance name if its a NAS

post back the answers to the above please.

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok new release out, this has had a LOT of reworking and this is a beta so please keep this in mind when running, ive not put any upgrade coding in yet so if you want to give this a try then please re-enter your settings manually.

visual big change is of course post processing, there is a lot of code reworking under the hood too, for the gory details please go to the first post in this thread :-). ive been testing this over the last few weeks and it runs well but i do expect bugs, please post how to repeat the bug and any tracebacks you get too.

binhex
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote:ok new release out, this has had a LOT of reworking and this is a beta so please keep this in mind when running, ive not put any upgrade coding in yet so if you want to give this a try then please re-enter your settings manually.

visual big change is of course post processing, there is a lot of code reworking under the hood too, for the gory details please go to the first post in this thread :-). ive been testing this over the last few weeks and it runs well but i do expect bugs, please post how to repeat the bug and any tracebacks you get too.

binhex
Wahooo!! Can't wait to give it a try. Am traveling all this week so will give it a try next week.

Many thanks Binhex!!!
joelones

Post by joelones »

Great program!

I just have a question concerning the "Movies Downloaded" field - I'm just not sure whether MG is scanning the directories I have put there correctly. I basically added the following:

"/cifs/movies/HD,/cifs/movies/SD"

which points to two automounted cifs mountpoints, both of which contain movie folders as scraped by an external program called ember media manager.

The logs do not indicated whether the scanning of existing movies takes place. How would I tell? Are these folders scanned at each invocation or are they placed in a db of sorts? Using the most recent beta on ubuntu 12.04.
binhex

Post by binhex »

joelones wrote:Great program!

I just have a question concerning the "Movies Downloaded" field - I'm just not sure whether MG is scanning the directories I have put there correctly. I basically added the following:

"/cifs/movies/HD,/cifs/movies/SD"

which points to two automounted cifs mountpoints, both of which contain movie folders as scraped by an external program called ember media manager.

The logs do not indicated whether the scanning of existing movies takes place. How would I tell? Are these folders scanned at each invocation or are they placed in a db of sorts? Using the most recent beta on ubuntu 12.04.
hi joelones, glad your enjoying mg :-), ok the easiest way to tell whether its detecting your movie collection is to look in history/view history and then look at the line "Result:" if you already have the movie then it should say "System - Movie exists in Movies Downloaded folder" which of course will cause mg to skip the movie.

things to note is that the mg uses the imdb name for the movie, so the folder or file has to EXACTLY match for it see it as an existing movie and skip, i dont know how tight your movie collection is but if the foldername are a little untidy then you will need to do some work to make use of this feature.

just fyi, mg doesnt store the result of your movie collection in the sqlite db but just walks down the directory structure, ive been thinking about this since you posted and have a performance improvement i believe i can do so this should be faster too shortly.

if you do have a small collection and for instance cant see any matching title in the view history then you can do a test by choosing a movie from view history and creating an empty folder in your movie collection with the same name, then purge history and force a "run now", if everything works you should see it skipped, let me know how you get on.

binhex.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Binhex,

I loaded the new version with a fresh install and for some reason the queue feature is not working. In Configuration, Switches, I have set Enable Queuing to YES, but downloads go straight to download.

Any thoughts?

I did turn on the post processing but have not tried to figure out how to configure to work, right now it does not seem to be doing anything by just turning on.

Cheers
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi pilgrim, as well as enabling queuing you need to define it in configuration/imdb and then make your selection in "Queued Definitions", for instance to queue all movies with a date equal to or less than 1950 set the "queue date" to 1950.

as far as post processing goes, if you've enabled it then you would again need to make your choice in configuration/post processing, if you only want files renamed then just select "rename files" to yes, if you want to do more complex moving or deletion of files then you will need to create a rule (bottom section of post processing).
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote:hi pilgrim, as well as enabling queuing you need to define it in configuration/imdb and then make your selection in "Queued Definitions", for instance to queue all movies with a date equal to or less than 1950 set the "queue date" to 1950.

as far as post processing goes, if you've enabled it then you would again need to make your choice in configuration/post processing, if you only want files renamed then just select "rename files" to yes, if you want to do more complex moving or deletion of files then you will need to create a rule (bottom section of post processing).
Yes have all setup exacly as was before, only it does not queue. Settings are set to: newer than 1930, most genres selected, votes greater than 5k and score better than 6.6

I noticed this issue when installing on friends computers but they did not want to queue so I did not dig into the problem, but now with a fresh install it is happening on my computer. I guess I could compare the config files as I have my old install saved.
youpmelone

Post by youpmelone »

I just got it to run, had a lot of python problems, upfraded to mountain lion and all is fine and running.

One question, perhaps a stupid one, is bugging me:
how is tracked which movie has already been downloaded?
I ask this because I delete all movies after watching, in that case what stops moviegrabber from redownloading the same movie again?

thx for the hard work on this!