MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
troelsdk

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by troelsdk »

Here my newznab config. But I don't think it's the search parameters, as it works fine when I run it without the daemon argument

[usenet]
newznab_search_and =
newznab_search_or =
newznab_search_not =
newznab_hostname = https://nzb.su
newznab_path =
newznab_portnumber = 443
newznab_key = XXXXXXXX
newznab_cat = all formats
newznab_minsize = 100
newznab_maxsize = 0
newznab_badreport =
newznab_release_group =
spotweb_support = no
index_site = nzb_su_1
nzb_su_1_hostname = https://nzb.su
nzb_su_1_portnumber = 443
nzb_su_1_path =
nzb_su_1_key = XXXXXXXXXXXX
nzb_su_1_cat = all formats
nzb_su_1_search_and =
nzb_su_1_search_or =
nzb_su_1_search_not =
nzb_su_1_minsize = 0
nzb_su_1_maxsize = 0
nzb_su_1_bad_report =
nzb_su_1_good_release_group =
nzb_su_1_spotweb_support = no
nzb_su_1_enabled = yes
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi troelsdk, i just did a run on my unraid system (slackware based) using the --daemon flag and your settings as posted above, only difference is that im using nzbs.org index site and not nzb.su, and it returned results ok. can you switch logging to info, click on run now and then post the log please, put it on pastebin and post the link if you can as it might be quite large.
joelones

Post by joelones »

Great work on the new beta binhex!

I do have some questions, I'm in the process of upgrading to b5 now.

1) Concerning xbmc notification, I'm assuming you can add multiple hostnames/ips while being separated by commas? For some reason, I entered the hostname/ip and port and set yes to "Define whether to enable XBMC notifications." but if you go to the Switches tab, the "Switch xbmc notification on/off.", the "yes" is greyed out.

2) I see that you can add multiple usenet sources, for a private newznab install, I'm assuming it would be under custom? Any special required for a newznab source?

3) And finally, can you provide an init.d script for linux for b5, I currently run ubuntu? For some reason the shutdown button doesn't seem to shutdown MG. This is what I have in the init.d script:

Code: Select all

#Shutdown MovieGrabber and delete the index.html files that wget generates.
echo "Stopping MovieGrabber"
wget -q --user=$MGUSR --password=$MGPWD "http://$HOST:$PORT/shutdown" --delete-after
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi joelones, replies as follows:-

1) for some reason it hadn't occurred to me that you might have multiple machines running xbmc :-), so right now the notification is only for a single machine running xbmc, i will add in the ability to define multiple xbmc hosts in the next beta :-). also i have noticed i have been a little over zealous with the checks, at the moment i have forced the check for xbmc password, i understand you might not have a password defined so i need to relax this check in the next beta, my suspicion is that this is causing the greyed out "yes" in the switches section. for now either set a password within xbmc and then define it in moviegrabber, or you can shutdown moviegrabber and manually set the enable xbmc value to "yes", this SHOULD work, however there could be further checks that might prevent this (need to check code when i get home).

2) yes you got it, you would define a custom usenet source and then simply put in your ip address or hostname and port number for your privately run newznab host, the only restriction on this is that this MUST be the paid version of newznab, it cannot be the free edition.

3) ok hands up time, im a linux newbie and thus had to google init.d to find out exactly what its about and how to use it :-). turns out after a few hours of looking around and tinkering in my debian vm that its not so hard after all, so here are my efforts so far, working well for me on debian 7.x, untested on ubuntu, but i cant imagine it can be too different:- http://sourceforge.net/projects/moviegr ... h/download

make sure you save it in /etc/init.d/ and chmod +755
binhex

Post by binhex »

OK for anybody running unraid (http://lime-technology.com/unraid-server/) i have now written an unraid plugin, i have been running this for several months now with no issue so thought it about time i released it.

There are a couple of things which don't work right now, the update of moviegrabber and the plugin don't currently work, i need to come up with the correct mechanism to trigger a new update so this is something i need to look into, so please ignore the "UPDATE AVAILABLE" message in the unraid webgui, other than that it works well, fyi its's been running on version 5.0 rc12 up to 5.0 final, other versions are untested.

Link to the download is in the first post in this thread.

binhex.
savage007

Post by savage007 »

Hi,

when i try to use http://www.usenet-crawler.com i get the folowing error :
2013-10-08 13:43:24,480 INFO search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Newznab search index started
2013-10-08 13:43:24,480 INFO search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber newznab_index :: API search https://www.usenet-crawler.com:443/api? ... attrs=imdb ( apikey xxed out)
2013-10-08 13:43:29,177 WARNING search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber urllib2_retry_decorator :: <urlopen error URL Error response>, Retrying in 3 seconds...
2013-10-08 13:43:36,834 WARNING search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber urllib2_retry_decorator :: <urlopen error URL Error response>, Retrying in 6 seconds...
2013-10-08 13:43:47,552 WARNING search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber urllib2_retry_decorator :: <urlopen error URL Error response>, Retrying in 12 seconds...
2013-10-08 13:44:04,177 WARNING search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Newznab/Spotweb API XML search failed, site down?

When i visit https://www.usenet-crawler.com:443/api? ... attrs=imdb in IE nothing seems wrong. ( apikey xxed out)

[usenet]
index_site = usenet_crawler_1
usenet_crawler_1_hostname = https://www.usenet-crawler.com
usenet_crawler_1_portnumber = 443
usenet_crawler_1_path =
usenet_crawler_1_key = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ( apikey xxed out)
usenet_crawler_1_cat = all formats
usenet_crawler_1_search_and =
usenet_crawler_1_search_or =
usenet_crawler_1_search_not =
usenet_crawler_1_minsize = 0
usenet_crawler_1_maxsize = 0
usenet_crawler_1_bad_report =
usenet_crawler_1_good_release_group =
usenet_crawler_1_spotweb_support = no
usenet_crawler_1_enabled = yes
binhex

Post by binhex »

that looks fine to me, can you shutdown moviegrabber, delete log file then start again and click on run now to force a search, maybe the api was down at the time it ran, if your still getting issues please delete api key from log file and upload and pm me the link and i will take a look.
savage007

Post by savage007 »

2013-10-08 14:31:44,645 INFO MainThread MovieGrabber launch_default_browser :: Launching browser
2013-10-08 14:31:51,887 INFO search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Newznab search index started
2013-10-08 14:31:51,888 INFO search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber newznab_index :: API search https://www.usenet-crawler.com:443/api? ... attrs=imdb
2013-10-08 14:31:56,563 WARNING search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber urllib2_retry_decorator :: <urlopen error URL Error response>, Retrying in 3 seconds...
2013-10-08 14:32:04,221 WARNING search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber urllib2_retry_decorator :: <urlopen error URL Error response>, Retrying in 6 seconds...
2013-10-08 14:32:14,941 WARNING search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber urllib2_retry_decorator :: <urlopen error URL Error response>, Retrying in 12 seconds...
2013-10-08 14:32:31,566 WARNING search_index_thread_usenet_crawler_1 MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Newznab/Spotweb API XML search failed, site down?

Looks just fine when i open the link in IE https://www.usenet-crawler.com:443/api? ... attrs=imdb

Here the results of IE

usenet-crawler
usenet-crawler Feed
This.Is.The.End.DVDR-iGNiTiON
dinsdag 8 oktober 2013 13:24
This.Is.The.End.DVDR-iGNiTiON
Mediabestanden
Last edited by savage007 on October 8th, 2013, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
binhex

Post by binhex »

your displaying your apikey here, please generate a new one asap. can you upload a copy of your config.ini (minus apikey) and then private message me the url.

thanks.
savage007

Post by savage007 »

Hi,

i just figured it out, the corporate firewall was the culprit!

Iv'e got it working now!
binhex

Post by binhex »

excellent :-), thanks for letting me know.
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Hey Binhex,

Setting up a new setup and was just wondering if there is any way to set moviegrabber to drop a movie poster jpg named (folder.jpg) in the output folder.

Thanks
J03
binhex

Post by binhex »

hey J03, nice to see your still around :-), at the moment there is no poster download functionality built into moviegrabber, ive ignored this mainly due to the fact xbmc does such a great job of grabbing posters, giving you multiple choices per movie, im assuming your not using xbmc or you would prefer to have static movie posters as opposed to posters stored in the xbmc video library?.

is there a particular source you prefer for poster artwork?
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Hi Binhex,

I have no particular source for posters. Which ever one is more reliable is good enough for me.
As for XBMC I have one setup with the original XBOX for the kids TV and I am running WDTV on the others.
I find it annoying waiting for the video library to update on XBMC so I resorted to static folder.jpg and moviename.jpg for file pics. In the past i wrote a small script to scrape themoviedb.org for posters ( https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8291) then I found an way to let CouchPotato do the work to clean, rename and create folder.jpg files ( http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10028 ). As times change so does software, Since CouchPotato has moved to V2 (server) things haven't been working as good.
So I have return to my favorite movie downloader for a new solution, remove the multiple scripts/programs and simplify to one, where the movie grabbing begins.

MovieGrabber has come a long way and if this causes any detours with the direction your going don't worry about it.
i can always find another way.

Thanks for the great grabber
J03
psps4056

Post by psps4056 »

(Sorry for the strange language used in some of the sentences below. It was the only way to get past the very aggressive spam filter in the forum)

Adding some of my requests in your latest update was great! I have the following additional remarks.

Problem: The syntax "-keyword" is incorrect for excluding a word from a search on nzbs.org. When populating the option "This word must not exist in the post title", then any search returns an empty result. Either the correct syntax should be used (if there is one, because I couldn't find one) or the option should be removed in order to avoid problems for users

Improvement: I do not care for animation films, so I unselected animation from the list of wanted categories. However if there is an animation film with multiple additional categories, like family and comedy (as is often the case), the title still passes the filters. Would it be possible to add a "No go" category list to exclude titles from the list that have a specific category? (Or perhaps there is already a way to do this?)

Here is the init.d script for debian requested by a poster above:

#Required -- Defaults Provided (only change if you know you need to).
HOST="127.0.0.1" #Set MovieGrabber address here.
PORT="9191" #Set MovieGrabber port here.

#Script -- No changes needed below.
case "$1" in
start)
#Start MovieGrabber and send all messages to /dev/null.
cd /files/moviegrabber
echo "Starting MovieGrabber"
python /files/moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py --daemon > /dev/null 2>&1 &
;;
stop)
#Shutdown MovieGrabber and delete the index.html files that wget generates.
echo "Stopping MovieGrabber"
wget -q "http://$HOST:$PORT/shutdown" --delete-after
sleep 6s
;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
exit 1
esac

exit 0