MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Tenny

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by Tenny »

Duh looked at the file and it's missing:

#!/usr/bin/env python
shackrock

Post by shackrock »

Tenny do you think think that could be my issue? I'm on windows though...
Tenny

Post by Tenny »

shackrock wrote:Tenny do you think think that could be my issue? I'm on windows though...
Nope, unless you got a version that wasn't compiled. I just downloaded the Win32 version and it opens fine on my box (Win7 x64).

Not sure if you are trying to "upgrade" a previous one, but you can try just putting it in another folder and running it to see if there was some configuration or file from a previous installation that was giving it issues.
shackrock

Post by shackrock »

Tenny wrote:
shackrock wrote:Tenny do you think think that could be my issue? I'm on windows though...
Nope, unless you got a version that wasn't compiled. I just downloaded the Win32 version and it opens fine on my box (Win7 x64).

Not sure if you are trying to "upgrade" a previous one, but you can try just putting it in another folder and running it to see if there was some configuration or file from a previous installation that was giving it issues.
genius. Config file was vastly different! I managed to merge it well enough and made additional changes on my own through the program.

How are we supposed to update to avoid this?
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

Hi guys
Hoping anyone managed to get this working
i'm still on the quest to find a proper NZB provider ( lack of invites for the bigger ones is not helping at all)

I recently installed Spotweb, and managed to get it going to a degree on 2.2.0.b4
Issue im having is, it seems to query the API fine, but nothing is showing up in the history.

below is a quote from the moviegrabber log, for a release/spot which i know contains IMDB information .

2013-06-03 23:00:33,303 INFO MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Post title Dragon Lore Curse Of The Shadow 2013 720p BluRay x264-ENCOUNTERS
2013-06-03 23:00:33,305 INFO MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Post title not in db history table
2013-06-03 23:00:33,305 INFO MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Post release group ENCOUNTERS
2013-06-03 23:00:33,305 INFO MovieGrabber newznab_index :: IMDb link not found

I have my spotweb setup as:

host name : http://192.168.0.2
path : /spotweb/
port : 80
api key : xxxxxxxx
spotweb support : on
all formats
an then a search criteria of 720p

I have noticed some guys using https for API errors, but this doesnt seem to be needed again.

does anybody have an idea on what i could be missing?
eg possibly a rewrite rule?

thx

Neo_X
psps4056

Improvements to queue handling

Post by psps4056 »

Hello,

I use Moviegrabber only with the queue feature, ie I do not want anything to be downloaded automatically, but rather want to review every new movie matching my criterias through the queue, to see if I would like to see it or not.
I searched a long time for various downloaders with IMDB integration and queue feature, and Moviegrabber came closest to what I needed, however to be ideal for my scenario, I am suggesting the following improvements:

- when I look at the queue once a week, the same movies are usually repeated multiple times. In this case, why not list the movie once, and list all available release names underneath, allowing the user to choose the one he wants to download (and making the overall queue shorter)?

- if I purge a movie name out of the queue, without downloading it, it usually means that I do not intend to watch this movie. However the movie will come back to the queue again the next time a new release is found. This creates more work as I have to purge the same movies over and over sometimes with months interval) (in this case I will have refer to IMDB again since I have completely forgotten what the movie is about, since the last time I cleared it). Could there be an option to treat movies that are purged the same as movies that have been downloaded, ie not to show them again in the queue?

- is it possible to list the actor names with each movie in the queue? Sometimes, although a movie may match my criterias, I have never heard of it. Seeing the actors would sometimes allow me to make a decision without having to open it in IMDB.

- sometimes the queue is so long that I can't review all of it at the same time. In this case, it woudl be useful to have an option to purge individual entries (as I read them) instead of only being able to purge the entire queue.

I would like to get the author's feedback on the above improvements, and see what he thinks may make sense for him to include in a future version. For the rest, I am willing to look at the Python code myself and perhaps create a patch if I'm able to change the code myself.

I hope that there are other people out there who use Moviegrabber only for its queue, and who may agree and use the above improvements...

Thank you!

Paul
RXP

Post by RXP »

This is something i've been after for a long time, Couch Potato just hasn't cut it that way.

A quick suggestion: rather than a release group boolean, can you just implement "preferred release groups". That way you can specificy P2P groups who are generally better quality to be priortised over Scene groups. However if only a scene release is available it'll grab that. The present option means that it won't grab a movie if it's not release but your preferred groups.

Is there anyway to add more than one Newznab provider?

Thanks for creating this, it would have saved me hours of going through IMDB watch lists and adding fimls which CouchPotato then picked up! Makes filling new drives very easy as there's no point having empty space in RAID.

Is it also possible to rename and move into your main movie folder? Or attach a category to the downloaded NZB (don't use blackhole, use the API). That way you can select the Movie category and let Sab's internal renamer handle things.
binhex

Post by binhex »

neo_x wrote:Hi guys
Hoping anyone managed to get this working
i'm still on the quest to find a proper NZB provider ( lack of invites for the bigger ones is not helping at all)

I recently installed Spotweb, and managed to get it going to a degree on 2.2.0.b4
Issue im having is, it seems to query the API fine, but nothing is showing up in the history.

below is a quote from the moviegrabber log, for a release/spot which i know contains IMDB information .

2013-06-03 23:00:33,303 INFO MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Post title Dragon Lore Curse Of The Shadow 2013 720p BluRay x264-ENCOUNTERS
2013-06-03 23:00:33,305 INFO MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Post title not in db history table
2013-06-03 23:00:33,305 INFO MovieGrabber newznab_index :: Post release group ENCOUNTERS
2013-06-03 23:00:33,305 INFO MovieGrabber newznab_index :: IMDb link not found

I have my spotweb setup as:

host name : http://192.168.0.2
path : /spotweb/
port : 80
api key : xxxxxxxx
spotweb support : on
all formats
an then a search criteria of 720p

I have noticed some guys using https for API errors, but this doesnt seem to be needed again.

does anybody have an idea on what i could be missing?
eg possibly a rewrite rule?

thx

Neo_X
hi guys, sorry for the quiet period on here, been busy with real life stuff, no fear though i have been also coding away on moviegrabber, trying to improve the core code and getting rid of some workarounds i had in place.

ok onto your issue neo_x, it looks like your spotweb server doesnt have any links to the imdb, and thus moviegrabber cannot process the server for imdb votes/rating/char etc and will skip the movie. i dont have my own spotweb server running so i cant look into this at the moment, but i will try and get something up and running at some point and take a look. can you verify whether you can see any imdb links in the spotweb interface?.
binhex

Re: Improvements to queue handling

Post by binhex »

psps4056 wrote: - when I look at the queue once a week, the same movies are usually repeated multiple times. In this case, why not list the movie once, and list all available release names underneath, allowing the user to choose the one he wants to download (and making the overall queue shorter)?
a nice idea, im assuming you got the inspiration for this from the newnab layout yes? :-), i will add it to the to-do list.
psps4056 wrote: - if I purge a movie name out of the queue, without downloading it, it usually means that I do not intend to watch this movie. However the movie will come back to the queue again the next time a new release is found. This creates more work as I have to purge the same movies over and over sometimes with months interval) (in this case I will have refer to IMDB again since I have completely forgotten what the movie is about, since the last time I cleared it). Could there be an option to treat movies that are purged the same as movies that have been downloaded, ie not to show them again in the queue?
you correct in the way it works, i could add an additional ignore list in the database, this would then skip on the imdb title not the post name so would be permanently skipped, possibly with a tickbox option to add to the ignore list, sound good?.
psps4056 wrote: - is it possible to list the actor names with each movie in the queue? Sometimes, although a movie may match my criterias, I have never heard of it. Seeing the actors would sometimes allow me to make a decision without having to open it in IMDB.
yes this is possible, i could store the actors names in the db and then display for each post
psps4056 wrote: - sometimes the queue is so long that I can't review all of it at the same time. In this case, it woudl be useful to have an option to purge individual entries (as I read them) instead of only being able to purge the entire queue.
again, nice idea, will add a tickbox option with purge selected

all in all i like your suggestions, only issue is time :-), i will add them to the to-do list.
binhex

Post by binhex »

RXP wrote: A quick suggestion: rather than a release group boolean, can you just implement "preferred release groups". That way you can specificy P2P groups who are generally better quality to be priortised over Scene groups. However if only a scene release is available it'll grab that. The present option means that it won't grab a movie if it's not release but your preferred groups.
hmm an interesting idea, it could be a little tricky to code up, i will take a look at this when i get time.
RXP wrote: Is there anyway to add more than one Newznab provider?
yes, its in the next release :-), this is one of the new ui changes you will see.
RXP wrote: Is it also possible to rename and move into your main movie folder?
yes, you can do this using the post processing rules, just create your rule based on your criteria and specify the path to move to, you can also use the dropdown "rename files" to rename the movie file too if required.
RXP

Post by RXP »

Thanks for the quick response, I'm not sure I understand how to setup the post processing rule. It asks me to input If filename is. The idea is the file name can be anything, it's just any movie?

An easier way to do it would be just to tag it in Sab as a Movie and let its powerful renaming options handle it.
binhex

Post by binhex »

i have been working on a unraid plugin for moviegrabber and have a working alpha i have been running for a couple of months now with no issue, here is a little screenshot to wet your appetite:-

will release in the next couple of months hopefully.
binhex

Post by binhex »

RXP wrote:Thanks for the quick response, I'm not sure I understand how to setup the post processing rule. It asks me to input If filename is. The idea is the file name can be anything, it's just any movie?

An easier way to do it would be just to tag it in Sab as a Movie and let its powerful renaming options handle it.
you can create rules based on a specific file name (partial match), genre, file extension, or certification, for example you could create the following based on genre:-

if genre is equal to romance then move to /mnt/user/Movies/Romance/
if genre is equal to action then move to /mnt/user/Movies/Action/
if genre is not equal to any then move to /mnt/user/Movies/Other/

this would then move movies based on their imdb genre, as mentioned above this could be done based on file name, and/or certification.

the reason i am shying away from sending to sabnzbd api is the additional burden for the user to have to fill in sab ip address, port number, and api key in the config, not to mention the if this is something a lot of users would like then i could take a look again.
RXP

Post by RXP »

The proper sabnzbd API would be preferred for me. I'd like to do some more post processing than what MovieGrabber offers so this would faciltate that. I'd also like to use the automatic priority option of Sab per category and notifications.
binhex

Post by binhex »

RXP wrote:The proper sabnzbd API would be preferred for me. I'd like to do some more post processing than what MovieGrabber offers so this would faciltate that. I'd also like to use the automatic priority option of Sab per category and notifications.
i hear what your saying, i will add this to my to-do list

binhex.