MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
binhex

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by binhex »

hi splnut, i just downloaded your config.ini, changed the folder section entered my site and api key for usenet and hit run now and it works as expected, i got one download which was for a 2013 movie, all other movies were skipped, so im at a loss at the moment as to why your getting these results. can you confirm the date and time of file moviegrabber.py, it should be 20/01/2014 17:27, just want to make sure you did overwrite all files when you upgraded to b7.
binhex

Post by binhex »

Swedeckard wrote:I don't understand when a release gets to be on the history page though;
most releases that pass MUST, MUST NOT and Size don't end up on the list.
Is it because that title already is on the history list?
But on the other hand there already are doublets on the list...
hi Swedeckard, all items that pass the search criteria (must exist, may exist etc) will end up in history, the only time an item wont be shown in history is if the EXACT same post title already exists in history, in this case it will be skipped as its already been processed. keep in mind im talking about POST TITLE not the IMDB TITLE, these are two separate values, and you most probably will see multiple posts for the same movie, this is because there are potentially more than one group releasing the same movie, makes sense?.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote:hi pilgrim, i can see what the issue is but not sure what has caused it, basically your missing the following from the config.ini:-

history_sort_order = desc,postdatesort

so im assuming your config.ini entry is either completely missing or the value for history_sort_order is blank?, can you pm me your config.ini so i can take a look as i cant seem to be able to replicate this issue.

thanks.
Many thanks, all seems to be working now!! Will start playing with new functionality over the next few weeks.

Anyone have a list of the high quality post groups?

TIA
splnut

Post by splnut »

binhex wrote:hi splnut, i just downloaded your config.ini, changed the folder section entered my site and api key for usenet and hit run now and it works as expected, i got one download which was for a 2013 movie, all other movies were skipped, so im at a loss at the moment as to why your getting these results. can you confirm the date and time of file moviegrabber.py, it should be 20/01/2014 17:27, just want to make sure you did overwrite all files when you upgraded to b7.
The Modified date is 1/20/2014 5:27pm (size=326kb). If the config is working correctly on your system, I guess the next step is to uninstall and reinstall.
binhex

Post by binhex »

splnut just try deleting the results.db first and see if this fixes the issue, it really is an odd problem, cant work out why im not seeing the issue with the same config.ini, hmmmm
joelones

Post by joelones »

I just installed b7 over b5 and I'm getting the following error on startup:

Code: Select all

raceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 650, in <module>
    mg_log = moviegrabber_logging()
  File "/opt/moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 565, in moviegrabber_logging
    moviegrabber_filehandler = logging.FileHandler(os.path.join(moviegrabberlog_dir, "moviegrabber.log"), "a")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 902, in __init__
    StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 925, in _open
    stream = open(self.baseFilename, self.mode)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: "/opt/moviegrabber/configs/['/opt/moviegrabber/logs']/moviegrabber.log"
My config.ini contains:

Code: Select all

cherrypylog_dir = ['/opt/moviegrabber/logs']
moviegrabberlog_dir = ['/opt/moviegrabber/logs']
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi joelones, not sure why you have your folders defined that way, it should looks like this:-

cherrypylog_dir = /opt/moviegrabber/logs
moviegrabberlog_dir = /opt/moviegrabber/logs
joelones

Post by joelones »

My config file has brackets all over the place. Guess I should do a clean install or something. I noticed this happened before when I overwrote the versions.

I've added my "Movies Downloaded" folders, basically where I store all my scraped movies, how can I force moviegrabber to scan those dirs such that when the scheduler runs it does not download movies I already have?
Swedeckard

Post by Swedeckard »

binhex wrote:
Swedeckard wrote:I don't understand when a release gets to be on the history page though;
most releases that pass MUST, MUST NOT and Size don't end up on the list.
Is it because that title already is on the history list?
But on the other hand there already are doublets on the list...
hi Swedeckard, all items that pass the search criteria (must exist, may exist etc) will end up in history, the only time an item wont be shown in history is if the EXACT same post title already exists in history, in this case it will be skipped as its already been processed. keep in mind im talking about POST TITLE not the IMDB TITLE, these are two separate values, and you most probably will see multiple posts for the same movie, this is because there are potentially more than one group releasing the same movie, makes sense?.
Yes, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
Here's a couple of other questions, also related to the history list:

1. If there is an item on the history page marked "Failed", will a later release be grabbed automatically?

2. If there is an item on the history page marked "Downloaded" but has then later failed in sabnzbd; is the way forward to purge it from the list in order for it to be downloaded when a new (and hopefully healthier) post comes along? Probably best to wait a few days in that case in order not to grab the same post again... Or is it possible to mark it as failed in some way (if the answer to question 1 is yes, that is).

Maybe stupid questions...
/Deckard
binhex

Post by binhex »

I've added my "Movies Downloaded" folders, basically where I store all my scraped movies, how can I force moviegrabber to scan those dirs such that when the scheduler runs it does not download movies I already have?
hi joenlones, all you need to do is specify your "Movies Downloaded" root folder in configuraiton/folders and moviegrabber will then recursively scan files and folders looking for a match again the imdb name (case insensitve), if there is a match then the movie will be skipped.
binhex

Post by binhex »

1. If there is an item on the history page marked "Failed", will a later release be grabbed automatically?

2. If there is an item on the history page marked "Downloaded" but has then later failed in sabnzbd; is the way forward to purge it from the list in order for it to be downloaded when a new (and hopefully healthier) post comes along? Probably best to wait a few days in that case in order not to grab the same post again... Or is it possible to mark it as failed in some way (if the answer to question 1 is yes, that is).
firstly, nope they aren't stupid questions ;D, ok replies as follows:-

1. the quick answer is yes, a status of "failed" means moviegrabber failed to download the nzb (not a failure to download the movie), any future releases of the same movie will be processed and if matching your criteria, downloaded/queued, the only caveat is that moviegrabber will skip processing if the post title is the same. to be honest if your seeing a lot of "failed" downloads i would check your account on the indexer, as this should be a fairly rare occurrence.

2. yes you can manually purge an item from history by clicking on the new purge icon (red circle with white cross), however if you click on run now, you will probably see the same post appear, as moviegrabber is unaware that this nzb is incomplete.
i would instead ignore this post and delete the nzb from your archive folder, then wait for a new post to appear, this is not ideal but until i build in support for sabnzbd+ so it can check via api for completed/failed downloads this is the only way to go.
joelones

Post by joelones »

binhex wrote:
hi joenlones, all you need to do is specify your "Movies Downloaded" root folder in configuraiton/folders and moviegrabber will then recursively scan files and folders looking for a match again the imdb name (case insensitve), if there is a match then the movie will be skipped.
Thanks for the reply. So if I have two movie folders, ie: /media/unraid/movies/SD, and /media/unraid/movies/HD, I should be find with just specifying the root folder, /media/unraid/movies?
binhex

Post by binhex »

In a word, yes
Toost

Post by Toost »

still have problems with moviegrabber on my synology ds112j it doesnt download anything.

my log file shows me this
ERROR search_index_thread_kat_1 MovieGrabber kat_index :: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 3337, in kat_index rss_feed = gzip.GzipFile(fileobj=StringIO.StringIO(rss_feed)).read()
File "/usr/local/python/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 254, in read self._read(readsize)
File "/usr/local/python/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 296, in _read self._read_gzip_header()
File "/usr/local/python/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 190, in _read_gzip_header raise IOError, 'Not a gzipped file' IOError: Not a gzipped file
binhex

Post by binhex »

Toost wrote:still have problems with moviegrabber on my synology ds112j it doesnt download anything.

my log file shows me this
ERROR search_index_thread_kat_1 MovieGrabber kat_index :: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 3337, in kat_index rss_feed = gzip.GzipFile(fileobj=StringIO.StringIO(rss_feed)).read()
File "/usr/local/python/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 254, in read self._read(readsize)
File "/usr/local/python/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 296, in _read self._read_gzip_header()
File "/usr/local/python/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 190, in _read_gzip_header raise IOError, 'Not a gzipped file' IOError: Not a gzipped file
hi Toost, this issue is fixed in b7, please upgrade and try again.