MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
pilGrim

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by pilGrim »

Hi all,

Can someone post some examples of how they are configuring the post processing rules? Just curious to see how people are using various options. I have not played with this option much yet, but so far I have not been able to make it work. Last try was:

If "Size" is "greater than" "700" then "move" to "folder path".

Binhex, Will there be a way for post-processing to capture resolution? I save movies in 4 categories: Kids, HD, SD, Screeners.

I suppose I can manage with file name contains for HD and Screeners, Genre for kids and then rest for SD. However, as mentioned above I have not been able to get a simple rule to work yet, let alone something more complex to capture all my rules.

Cheers!
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi pilgrim, i currently employ 4 rules, a size rule and 3 genre rules, working really well, i also have xbmc library update turned on so they appear automagically in xbmc :-)

if size is less than 100 then delete - basically cleans up any crap left over from the download, jpg's nfo, par files etc
if genre is equal to "animation" then move to kids folder
if genre is equal to "romance,comedy" then move to wife folder
if genre is not equal to "any" then move to main folder

i also have recently started switching on the "rename files" option as more posters are obfuscating the movie filename so you end up with <random gibberish>.mkv

looking at your example pilgrim that should work fine, i think you maybe running into a sqlite issue that i have now resolved to do with concurrent reads/writes to the database, you might want to give this a go when i release beta 2.

in answer to your questioon about resolutions, the easiest way would be to use the filename rule, as this will do partial matching on the post name, so you could do something like this:-

if filename is equal to 720p,1080p then move to <yourhd folder>
if filename is equal to dvdrip,480p,brrip then move to <yoursd folder>
if filename is equal to screener then move to <yourscreener folder>
if filename is not equal to any then move to <catchall folder>

keep in mind moviegrabber will only process movies that appear in the history as downloaded. it will NOT process other movies or any other files, this is more of a safety thing than anything else as it may otherwise cause issues if you have a lot of content from other downloaders in your completed folder (such as tv series).
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote: looking at your example pilgrim that should work fine, i think you maybe running into a sqlite issue that i have now resolved to do with concurrent reads/writes to the database, you might want to give this a go when i release beta 2.

keep in mind moviegrabber will only process movies that appear in the history as downloaded. it will NOT process other movies or any other files, this is more of a safety thing than anything else as it may otherwise cause issues if you have a lot of content from other downloaders in your completed folder (such as tv series).
Thanks Binhex, This how I imagined the feature working but I have had no luck so far getting it to work. Hopefully your next release will fix. A few thoughts based on above:

- I do download a lot of movies outside of Moviegrabber, I have separate destination folders for TV vs Movies via SABnzbd categories, as I would imagine most do. So for me I would prefer an option to have the post processing rules pick up anything in my processed movies directory.

- Agree that many posters are not following good file names these days, which would make the rules based on file name suspect to error, but guess there is no way around this.

Question: your delete less than 100 would also delete subs, yes? I would want to delete all except the movie file and subs. Without the delete less than 100 does all the misc crap left over stay with the move as it is moved? Guess I will see better once it is working.

I look forward to the next version to see if the fix takes hold.

Cheers.
binhex

Post by binhex »

Question: your delete less than 100 would also delete subs, yes? I would want to delete all except the movie file and subs.
yes that would delete any file with size < 100MB, you could alternatively create a rule like this:-

if extensions is not equal to mkv,avi,mp4,wmv,srt,sub then delete

this would then delete everything apart from the movie file and subs
Without the delete less than 100 does all the misc crap left over stay with the move as it is moved?
in a word, yes, all files in the folder will be moved.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote: if extensions is not equal to mkv,avi,mp4,wmv,srt,sub then delete

this would then delete everything apart from the movie file and subs
Perfect thanks.

I assume it is watching the "completed" folder as set in the "Configuration --> Folders" tab.

Is the new version coming out soon or would you suggest I re-install to see if I can get it to work?

TIA!
binhex

Post by binhex »

yes it is watching the completed folder in configuration/folders tab, i would advise waiting for beta 2 to come out before creating lots of rules as these are stored in the results.db, beta 2 will require a re-creation of the db so you will loose any rules you have created.
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

I have a weird bug atm: currently I have MG set to queue everything, but a single movie, Existenz (1999), is getting auto downloaded every time is appears. My config (minus logins obviously): http://pastebin.com/vPDf4uum
binhex

Post by binhex »

Hi c0ld the reason for this is that you have a good genre of sci-fi but it's not in your queue genre list and therefore its automatically downloaded so either tick sci-fi in queue genre or set the queue date to some time in the future.
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

Ah thanks. For some reason I thought 'good' was automatically 'queued', that doesn't seem to be case though.
shackrock

Post by shackrock »

It keeps downloading tv shows, I do not want that. How can I stop that?
binhex

Post by binhex »

c0ld wrote:Ah thanks. For some reason I thought 'good' was automatically 'queued', that doesn't seem to be case though.
no, just to clarify good genre is your allowed genre list, if you dont tick a particular genre in the good genre list then it will not be processed for download or queue and will be skipped completely.

queue genre on the other hand just defines what genres you wish to queue, if you dont select all your good genres then it will be assumed that the queue genres you didnt tick will be automatically downloaded instead (assuming other criteria match such as votes,rating etc).

i hope this clears this up for you :-), the other alternative of course is to use queue date instead, you can then set it to say, "2099" and it will then force all movies to be queued regardless of queue genre - as no movie have a release year greater than 2099, at least not yet :-)
thedude2222

Post by thedude2222 »

I just wanna say that when nzbmatrix was up, this was the best program ever. Thanks for all the good work Binhex!

But alas now I cannot use it. I am not a member at nzbs.org, and I can't seem to get any newznab site to work. Can anyone recommend a neznab site that is playing nicely with moviegrabber at the moment? Usenet-crawler.com grabbed a couple movies for me, but then just stopped working.

Muchas Gracias.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi thedude2222, hang tight for beta2 as this should fix the issues with some of the newznab indexers, im down to my last item in my list to sort before release, so should be looking at a release date of this friday unless anything serious crops up in my testing.

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok guys, beta 2 is out, sorry for the long wait!, for details as to what has changed see first post in this thread.

im afraid there is no upgrade path for beta2 due to some of the database and config changes so you will need to manually copy any config settings from your previous install, the next release will be 2.2.0 final so i will include the ability to upgrade from beta2 to final.

one fairly major change is splitting the search criteria up, this hopefully make things a little bit more readable and means you wont need to worry about prefixing with the correct symbol just enter in a comma separated list e.g. "720p,bluray"

i have tested moviegrabber against the following newznab based indexers:-

nzbs.org - working
nzb.su - working
nzb7.com - working
usenet-crawler.com - working
nzbzombie.com - does not support NOT or OR search criteria
hazelwire.org - does not support NOT or OR search criteria

if you do get any issues please give as much detail as possible, preferably with the error in the log if possible.

binhex.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Binhex,

the .exe is missing from the win32 download packet? I copied all files over my old install and although it loads up, the version has not changed and the functionality is not working.

Eager to give it a try!!

TIA