MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
tinybilbo

Metadata

Post by tinybilbo »

Hi BinHex,

I've been trying out Moviegrabber, for a few days now, and all seems to work well.

Just a quick question about the metadata.

I use XBMC, and that uses an .nfo, .tbn, -fanart, and -trailer for metadata.
I'm not familiar with mediabrowser, and don't know to what kind of metadata it pulls in,
So I'm not sure what I should end up with...

Should moviegrabber download all metadata files? - I can only find an .xml in the metadata folder.
Also can movigrabber rename (and cleanup) the movie accordingly?

Thanks
ivan300

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by ivan300 »

Hey binhex,

Any chance you could make it query multiple sources instead of just one?

Thanks!
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

binhex wrote:hi neo_x, i keep re-reading this but im not quite sure what you mean :-):-
check against the movie name/year in stead of the complete nzb name?
let me explain what i meant by "nzb doesnt exist in nzb folder", this means that the file "<imdb moviename> (<year>).nzb.gz" (assuming append year is on) does NOT exist in the specified nzb folder (configuration/folders/nzb folder) for moviegrabber.

so in actual fact the movie name +- year = nzb filename, is this what you were getting at?.

binhex.
Hi Binhex

Yes that is exactly what i was referring to. glad to see it is already implemented as such.

I assume the history will show exactly why it chose not to download a specific nzb? (ie duplicate in downloaded/nzb backup etc folders?
binhex

Post by binhex »

I assume the history will show exactly why it chose not to download a specific nzb? (ie duplicate in downloaded/nzb backup etc folders?
in a word, yes :-).
binhex

Post by binhex »

ivan300 wrote:Any chance you could make it query multiple sources instead of just one?

i think you will find the index sites are extremely similar, thus i think its not a requirement to query multiple index sites at this time, the coding required to do this outweighs the benefit.

binhex.
binhex

Re: Metadata

Post by binhex »

tinybilbo wrote:I use XBMC, and that uses an .nfo, .tbn, -fanart, and -trailer for metadata.
I'm not familiar with mediabrowser, and don't know to what kind of metadata it pulls in,
So I'm not sure what I should end up with...

Should moviegrabber download all metadata files? - I can only find an .xml in the metadata folder.
Also can movigrabber rename (and cleanup) the movie accordingly?
at the moment moviegrabber only generates xml metadata for movies, it wont pull down any artwork (fan or poster), the metadata is currently formatted to support moviebrowser (a windows media center plugin), but somebody has posted in this forum saying that the metadata generated by moveigrabber is also compatible with xbmc, i havent confirmed this but you could certainly give it a go, you may need to change the filename to match the filename xbmc is expecting, again im not sure on what this should be but a quick google search should answer this.

regards your question on rename and cleanup, moviegrabber will by default download movies in the following folder format:-

"<imdb movie name> (<year>)"

e.g. "The Matrix (1999)"

the reason i highlighted folder is that the filename will be left untouched, so no additional renaming will be required if you store your movies in folders, as xbmc should pick the movie up correctly using the folder name, however if you keep your movies in a flat structure then you may need to rename the filename for xbmc to scrape correctly.

moviegrabber doesn't currently do any sort of post processing, so cleanup is not possible, im considering adding in post processing to include such tasks as cleanup files, move movie, etc so look out for this in future releases.

binhex.
tinybilbo

Re: Metadata

Post by tinybilbo »

binhex wrote: at the moment moviegrabber only generates xml metadata for movies,...
I was'nt sure if I had'nt set seomthing incorrectly in moveigrabber's config....
It's all working as it should then.
I'll test the .xml in xbmc.
binhex wrote: regards your question on rename and cleanup, moviegrabber will by default download movies in the following folder format:-

"<imdb movie name> (<year>)"

e.g. "The Matrix (1999)"

the reason i highlighted folder is that the filename will be left untouched, so no additional renaming will be required if you store your movies in folders, as xbmc should pick the movie up correctly using the folder name, however if you keep your movies in a flat structure then you may need to rename the filename for xbmc to scrape correctly.

moviegrabber doesn't currently do any sort of post processing, so cleanup is not possible, im considering adding in post processing to include such tasks as cleanup files, move movie, etc so look out for this in future releases.

binhex.
I had noticed that the folder was correctly renamed, and thought maybe I was (again) doing something wrong...

I, in fact do you use a flat folder structure in xbmc...
simply because I don't like having to rescan my movie folders, to add something new to the xbmc database, which is an almost daily occurence.
It's much easier (and faster) with xbmc, to have a "new movies" folder (with a flat structure) which just holds the last couple of months downloads.
It's no big deal to rename the file if I archive it. (I mostly watch and delete, Only the good stuff gets saved and added to the xbmc db)

Thank you for taking the time to answer me, and more importantly thank you for the app itself :).
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Binhex,

Reading through previous posts sparked an idea that I think would be awesome but I also realize it may be too difficult to code. Basically I love the idea of ability to find better copies of certain movies, my biggest issue in this area falls in to two camps:
1) replace R5 or screeners with DVD or BRip copies (I think this is covered in the way you can point to a directory for movies to replace, but does it override rating filters?)
2) Replace 2 channel audio movies with AC3 5.1 or DTS movies (this is is the one I would find VERY VERY useful).

My thought was that maybe MovieGrabber would look through either the .nfo files or maybe even look at the xbmc database to id 2 channel movies and then replace them when possible.

I guess I could move all my 2 channel movies to a single directory that MovieGrabber watches, but I would need full override of filters for all movies in that folder. Right now I do seperate R5 and screeners and would want to avoid putting other movies in there but that is probably a easier solution than changing MovieGrabber to id 2 channel movies for replacement.

Thoughts?

TIA!
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

Hi Binhex

some positive feedback - Moviegrabber seems to be integrating nicely with all my relevant folders (3900 plus existing movies and about another 300 still in the download que)

i "removed' the IMDB minimum date , in order to test the full functionality, and so far so good- duplicate movies detected form the RSS feed is not added to the que.

i notice one small "glitch", yet i'm not sure how to troubleshoot/ prove it exactly.

I have configured MG to use NZBamatrix as a source website, with category BRRip's , search criteria *rip*, and then a size range of 500MB to 5000MB.
strange part is,in the history one movie from the x264 catergory is listed- which i'm not exactly sure how it manages to get there.

Mission Impossible III (2006) 6.8/10

Plot: Ethan Hunt comes face to face with a dangerous and sadistic arms dealer while trying to keep his identity secret in order to protect his girlfriend.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Thriller
Result: Index - post size is below defined
Processed: 24/03/2012 23:56:47

Mission Impossible 3, 1080P BD Rip
Posted: 17-08-2009 00:19:21 GMT, Size 10.78 GB

Are you maybe able to shine some more light onto this? ( not sure if i missed something on my configuration side..)
*edit2* - something very very odd with the movies it is returning form the RSS feed - for example look at the post date above - 2009. that NZB is more than 700days old - not sure what is going on :(. i compared roughly 10 movies from the log files with what is in the actual RSS feed - almost no matches...

not sure how i can assist you in debugging what is going on?

Thx

Neo_x

*edit*
Sorry i spoke too soon. one already downloaded movie was added to the queue.

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button (2008) 7.9/10
Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance
Result: IMDb - rating above threshold / IMDb - votes above threshold / IMDb - genre is in good list / IMDb - release date above threshold
Processed: 24/03/2012 23:55:42

My downloaded folder is named as follows : J:\Movies\C\Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The (2008)
since at least 4 other's was detected, my suspicion is that i moved "the" to the back of the movie name. Any way you can accept naming configurations like that?

*final edit*
with regards to the RSS feed - some troubleshooting proved that it was my search term *rip* causing the issues (not sure exactly why... :( )
can you please recommend what my search term should be (or remove the restriction that a search term is a MUST?)
i would like moviegrabber to receive all movies placed in the BRRIP category, and then filter them according to size, year,IMDB rating and finally check if they don't exist already. reason i don't require search terms, is because most movies don't have the correct naming terms (ie for example AC3 - the movie has AC3 sound, but it is not indicated as such in the NZB name - probably only the nfo file)

*sorry for the long post* so basically 2 issues - first issue : RSS feed without search terms and second issue - matching movies with "the ", and "a " moved to the back of the name(best added as a configuration preference)
binhex

Post by binhex »

I guess I could move all my 2 channel movies to a single directory that MovieGrabber watches, but I would need full override of filters for all movies in that folder. Right now I do seperate R5 and screeners and would want to avoid putting other movies in there but that is probably a easier solution than changing MovieGrabber to id 2 channel movies for replacement.
hi pilgrim, im afraid this sort of control is currently not possible with moviegrabber without a load of coding, so im afraid i wont be adding this to the list for now, i would recommend instead placing the movies you want replacing in your "movies to replace folder", just to confirm this will force all filters to be bypassed (excluding movie exists checks) and will automatically download the movie, as most posted movies are indeed 5.1+ i would think this should automatically upgrade any movies you place in there so should fill your need.

again sorry for the decline, i hope it doesnt stop you posting in the future.

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

*sorry for the long post* so basically 2 issues - first issue : RSS feed without search terms and second issue - matching movies with "the ", and "a " moved to the back of the name(best added as a configuration preference)
hi neo_x, i like both these suggestions, i have hesitations as to how much the appending "A" and "the" to the end of the movie name will get used by anybody but yourself, but im willing to include it as the coding is fairly simple. the second suggestion of allowing empty search criteria is no problem, both changes will be included in the next release.

binhex.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote: hi pilgrim, im afraid this sort of control is currently not possible with moviegrabber without a load of coding, so im afraid i wont be adding this to the list for now, i would recommend instead placing the movies you want replacing in your "movies to replace folder", just to confirm this will force all filters to be bypassed (excluding movie exists checks) and will automatically download the movie, as most posted movies are indeed 5.1+ i would think this should automatically upgrade any movies you place in there so should fill your need.

again sorry for the decline, i hope it doesn't stop you posting in the future.

binhex.
Hi Binhex,

No worries, I do enough VBA coding in excel to know that pulling this off would not be easy. Can i designate two folders for watch to replace, just put comma in between them?

Also not sure why but moviegrabber does queue up movies many times that are on my hard drive and in folder path I have designated. I have turned on the check for existing feature and did double check the path to ensure I did not typo on entry. Next time I notice it happen I can pull the logs if you want next. Not a big deal, currently I just dl the movies I want and clear the queue.

Cheers,
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi pilgrim, yes you can indeed have a comma separated list, keep in mind that moviegrabber is recursive, so if you create a folder underneath the first one you specified then you wont need to specify this in the comma seperated list.

hmm not sure why the movies already downloaded feature isnt working for you, keep in mind the folder or filename must EXACTLY match the imdb name of the movie it contains, the only exceptions to this are that the name can contain a separator of spaces, dots, hyphens, or underscores it also can have the year appended (if enabled)e.g:-

C:\Movies\The Matrix (1999)

is valid

C:\Movies\The Matrix 1 (1999)

is not.

yep def send me your logs next time it happens and i will gladly take a look over it.

binhex.
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

binhex wrote:
hi neo_x, i like both these suggestions, i have hesitations as to how much the appending "A" and "the" to the end of the movie name will get used by anybody but yourself, but im willing to include it as the coding is fairly simple. the second suggestion of allowing empty search criteria is no problem, both changes will be included in the next release.

binhex.
Hi Binhex

I understand that moving "a" and "the" around in a file name could break more things than it could fix (been through the reverse trying to write a script to rename the folders as per imdb title - so yes there is some possible bugs there.
and on top of that - it also seems that it doesn't have any effect after the itme has been pulled into the XBMC database (ie XBMC scrapes the IMDB name, and thus "the" is once again in front of the movie.
I think i will consider renaming all my movies (only downside is that there will be a HUGE amount of movies in one folder (quick check - 700 out of 4000 movies starts with the/a :o) -

with regards to the RSS :
with lots of combinations testing i managed to get a "clean" RSS feed with the below string :

Code: Select all

-truefrench -german -french -turkish BRrip~HDRIP~720p~xvid~ac3~bluray~bdrip~xvidhd~1080p
it seems the ~ is close to an "OR" - so basically i added keywords that is found in most posts. temporary fix, but at least working :)

regards

Neo_x
indomiti

Post by indomiti »

Hi

I previously had Python 2.6 and have been running the old MovieGrabber for a long time now, maybe a year, but it have stopped working and i dont want to spend time to fix it...

So i installed Python 2.7.2:
# python --version
Python 2.7.2+

And when i try to start the new MovieGrabber 2.1.8.b1 i get the following:
http://pastebin.com/hfbv27ar