SABnzbd Manager - Awesome Windows GUI (Now Open Source)...

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
T3chDad

Re: SABnzbd Manager - Awesome Windows GUI...

Post by T3chDad »

DelboyUK: Thanks for your suggestions. I will implement them as soon as I can find the time.
Paschar

Post by Paschar »

I'm on a 1920x1080 display and set text size to 125% which cuts off the OK and everything on the right of the GUI. Going back to 100 I can set everything and switch back over. Just thought I'd mention it. Keep up the good work I'm liking it!
semel

Post by semel »

looks promising

Could you make it possible to choose manually downloading folder when adding nzb? i dont really like this categoty thing its too limiting.
T3chDad

Post by T3chDad »

Sorry guys, between work, family, and my mobile programming, I've been swamped! I haven't forgotten about you and I'll look into our suggestions as soon as I'm afforded some time.
Paschar wrote:I'm on a 1920x1080 display and set text size to 125% which cuts off the OK and everything on the right of the GUI. Going back to 100 I can set everything and switch back over. Just thought I'd mention it. Keep up the good work I'm liking it!
I'll look into this. I know what you mean with the larger font size. My eyes need that too at that resolution.
semel wrote:looks promising

Could you make it possible to choose manually downloading folder when adding nzb? i dont really like this categoty thing its too limiting.
I will look at this, but it looks doubtful. This may be fine if sabnzbd is running locally, but probably not going to work well if it's on a remote system from where SABMan is running.
jnaes

Post by jnaes »

I understand you're busy, but I can't help but add to the list of suggestions you're considering, since I very much like this app.

Would it be possible for this app to have the option to retain history? I.e. instead of the blue progress bar, simply a filled grey bar for completed items? That way, upon clicking those items, that folder would be launched. That way, SABMan is useful even when there is nothing in SAB's queue.

Thanks again. Great work. I appreciate it!
T3chDad

Post by T3chDad »

Good suggestion jnaes. I'll look at that in a new version.

I released a new version today (v1.0.607 ) that addresses a few bugs I found and added the ability to start minimized to the tray (options). Next on the list is fixing the popup window buttons (Min, Close, Options, About) so they will popup on an alternate side of the app's interface if it's too close to the edge of the screen. I'll also be looking at the great suggestions and issues you've all made/reported.

Thanks for your support!
Bob
bjornhallberg

Post by bjornhallberg »

Can't get the program to work either. It throws an error message like the one posted on page two in this thread ("Input string was not in a correct format").

I run SAB on a Synology NAS, and I have user/password set. Don't know if that is the issue.
T3chDad

Post by T3chDad »

bjornhallberg wrote:Can't get the program to work either. It throws an error message like the one posted on page two in this thread ("Input string was not in a correct format"). I run SAB on a Synology NAS, and I have user/password set. Don't know if that is the issue.
I've been doing some testing and that may be the issue. Before the initial release of SABMan, I checked with the developers and was told UN/PW was obsolete and the API Key should be used. If I disable the API key and set a UN/PW in my SABnzbd server, I have the same problem. Until I can get a fix implemented in code, you should be able to get it to work by using the SABnzbd API key and do NOT use UN/PW.

I'll keep you posted.
T3chDad

Post by T3chDad »

New version has been released. See original post for more information.

Thank you!
mastyman

Post by mastyman »

Nice app thanks, would be great of there was some adjustable controls over the font size etc, its pretty small on a 1980x1080 monitor.
T3chDad

Post by T3chDad »

mastyman wrote:Nice app thanks, would be great of there was some adjustable controls over the font size etc, its pretty small on a 1980x1080 monitor.
I'm working on this now... ;D
Guymontag

Post by Guymontag »

I'm in a similar boat. I want to try the app but I have my fonts are at like 125% so I can't see all of the GUI to input my information. I can't wait to try it once I can see everything. I know how much time and effort can go into a project like this. Thanks for doing this!
mastyman

Post by mastyman »

T3chDad wrote:
mastyman wrote:Nice app thanks, would be great of there was some adjustable controls over the font size etc, its pretty small on a 1980x1080 monitor.
I'm working on this now... ;D
great, thanks
Widofnir

Post by Widofnir »

Really nice app. Sadly it shows some weird transfer speeds + file sizes on my machine ??? .

My OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (German)
SABnzbd Version: 0.6.15
SabMan Version: 1.0.700

Screenshot:

Did I do something wrong, or is this a bug? Many thanks in advance for any help regarding this :).

Kind regards,
Widofnir
T3chDad

Post by T3chDad »

That's really strange. It works fine on all of my test systems. Try clicking on the the size or bandwidth/time text...that will toggle between GB and MB on the queue size and Mbits/s and KBytes/s on the speed. I will look at the code to see if I can figure out what's going on.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thank you.