MyNZB or SabMobile?

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Triggerhappy

MyNZB or SabMobile?

Post by Triggerhappy »

Has anyone tried both? Which one is better? Is it a mixed bag of better / worse for each?
fkmtc

Re: MyNZB or SabMobile?

Post by fkmtc »

Hi,

I have tried both, and SABMobile is far better :p

OK, not really objective, as I'm the developer of SABMobile, but still :)

I would also like a user point of view... why do you prefer one or the other ?

Cheers,
Jérôme
Vdub

Post by Vdub »

I saw this thread and bought SabMobile to try it out. I´ve been using MyNZB ~1 year and like it a lot. All in all, both MyNZB and SABMobile performs the same main task (get nzbs) but differ in options available to the end user. I will list some advantages (as I see them) below.

SABMobile
+ Ability to add custom RSS feeds (e.g. x264 movies from site x). MyNZB would benefit from this
+ Search/browse any (nzb)web site from within the application web browser and the ability to send links to SABnzbd through SABMobile
+ Help / Instruction available within the application (MyNZB should include this. I wrote a setup guide in a separate post here to help others)
+ Ability to add any Nzb site to the built-in search engine (MyNZB has a lot of sites pre-configured instead)

MyNZB
+ Nzb Sites pre-configured, including available RSS feeds (e.g. x264 movies for Nzbs.org). Clean and easy browse/category feature
+ Clean search result, no clutter (e.g. PAR files when searching for a movie). I found the search result from SABMobile include too much nonsense, but again, depends on what you are looking for/expect
+ Easy-to-use interface. Good usability and feedback. Nothing wrong with SABMobile but I like the look-and-feel/interaction in MyNZB better (e.g. push-hold to start downloading)
+ Informative summary of files upon clicking the name of a file and abilitiy to view nfo files through the application

I prefer using MyNZB as I find all the pre-configured options and interface easier to use/more informative. SABMobile offers additional configurable options, attractive to users looking for e.g.the customizable RSS feeds or enhanced search result.
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Thanks for the feedback Vdub, that's really interesting !

Next version of SABMobile will include some new default searchers, but as always, you can find them on my website or ask me to create new ones.
About the PAR files found, I guess it depends on the search engine, but could filter those... I need to see how it's done.

Cheers,
Jérôme
airguy

Post by airguy »

Just switching from IOS to Android. Loved MyNzb on the Iphone. SabMobile was also good. But only choice for Android looks like SabMobile. Tried a bunch of other Sabnzbd Android apps, and was sorely dissappointed in their lack of control, and configurability.

Thanks for the good info. Will report back here if I find anything else I like on the Android.
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

I have always suggest SabMobile to my Android friends and myNZB to my iOS friends. We have 3 myNZB'ers and 2 SabMobile users at my house and we all use one SABnzbd server connected to our TV. I agree with Vdub, mynzb is a cleaner nicer interface IMHO, I have bought both and like myNZB more but maybe that is because I have been happily using myNZB since right after it first came out
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

throwaway wrote:I have always suggest SabMobile to my Android friends and myNZB to my iOS friends. We have 3 myNZB'ers and 2 SabMobile users at my house and we all use one SABnzbd server connected to our TV. I agree with Vdub, mynzb is a cleaner nicer interface IMHO, I have bought both and like myNZB more but maybe that is because I have been happily using myNZB since right after it first came out
Hi,

I would really like to know what you don't like in the UI of SABMobile... is this something you can explain, or it just doesn't "feel" like you want ? I know that sometimes, you can't put in words, but if you can, it would be good to know :)

Also, if you take a look at SynoLoad, do you like the UI better ? Maybe it's the colors ?

Thanks,
Jérôme
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

fkmtc wrote: Hi,

I would really like to know what you don't like in the UI of SABMobile... is this something you can explain, or it just doesn't "feel" like you want ? I know that sometimes, you can't put in words, but if you can, it would be good to know :)

Also, if you take a look at SynoLoad, do you like the UI better ? Maybe it's the colors ?

Thanks,
Jérôme
You know I really am having a hard time putting my finger on exactly why I like the myNZB UI more. I am going to use SABMobile only for the next few days and see if I can give you any exact feedback
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

That would be great, thanks!

Let me know your feedback directly at [email protected]