[iOS] Qouch for SABnzbd, CouchPotato & Sick Beard

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
5stringdeath

Re: [iOS] Qouch for SABnzbd, CouchPotato & Sick Beard

Post by 5stringdeath »

Great job on this app -- I won't add to the "wishlist" -- just wanted so say thanks, its nice to have a combined app to see all my stuff. Hope Apple lets it stay in the store!
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

qonstrukt wrote:@steve1977:
In your setup the ports all have to be set to 80, that's the default HTTP port. I'm pretty sure I'll be adding Headphones support in the future, but you'll have to wait a bit longer for it as I'll first have to polish all the other functionality a bit more. :)
Thanks, this is great Unfortunately, I still do not get it to work with reverse-proxies. Few things:

1) I am getting user-name and password incorrect. Am I supposed to enter the username/password from sabnzbd+ or the one that protects my reverse-proxy? Anyhow, I have tried both and both do not work.
2) When I try to use CP or SB, it gives me a loading sign, but nothing shows up. I waited 10min and still nothing.
3) After playing around a bit, I always need to restart my ipad because nothing works anymore (i.e., I cannot click the buttons anymore)

Any help highly appreciated!!!
bbaraniec

Post by bbaraniec »

Why do you use password for reverse proxy when you have built one for SABnzbd it self? It working for me but I'm not using any additional authentication in Apache
-
Kind regards
Bartek
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

bbaraniec wrote:Why do you use password for reverse proxy when you have built one for SABnzbd it self? It working for me but I'm not using any additional authentication in Apache
Not only using apache for sabnzbd, but for other software. That's why apache is secured with a password. The reverse-proxy is set-up in the way that i do not have to enter the sabnzb password. Just one password (the apache one) does the trick.

Unfortunately, still does not get it working...
ayashi38

Post by ayashi38 »

Hi,

Saw this today and bought it.

Add some issue with sick beard for displaying show list
Actually I am using a branch ( myAnime) very close to the main. I have only one instance ( add classic and anime before but merge all in the myAnime version)
There was a option to split anime from show, I deactivated this option but still did not have the list
Any idea ?

Suggestion : maye you could in the futur add headphone

Tanks anyway
doolbr

Post by doolbr »

For me almost everything works, i'm using a reverse proxy (nginx) to bypass port restrictions and the only thing that doesn't work is in couch potato in the list view.

If you go to the wanted list or available soon, it will not show any thumbnails. However, if you go to the details pane, I do get images.

I've set couch potato up to use /couch as url base and it's running on port 8082
And nginx is using the following for couch potato:

Code: Select all

location /couch/ {                                                     
                proxy_pass      http://127.0.0.1:8082/;                        
                proxy_redirect  default;                                       
        } 
This makes couch potato fully available at http://domainname.com/couch/ on port 80 with all css and images showing on the website.
On the website, the thumbnail is located at: http://domainname.com/couch/cache/image ... -thumb.jpg
I think it might be the url base, because it doesn't show up either when i connect locally without using the reverse proxy.
bbaraniec

Post by bbaraniec »

-
Kind regards
Bartek
qonstrukt

Post by qonstrukt »

bbaraniec wrote:http://bit.ly/vJo4ax
That. :)
A lot of issues, especially with reverse proxies and connecting in general will be fixed in 1.2.

I do need some more time though since I've rewritten some components that need more work before I can release it in the wild. Memory management will also be improved greatly so it should be a great release! I hope to have it approved later this month. :)

For 1.1.x users running a reverse proxy, I can recommend not using a user/pass on your web server, but only on the application itself. SABnzbd+ cannot connect using a user/pass on the web server at the moment. If you want to add a user/pass later (for 1.2) make sure it is the same as on your web server as there won't be any separate fields for it. I don't really see why you'd want to do that.

Just want you all to know I'm trying to spend all the time I can get on Qouch, but I just didn't know it would become so popular, so there's still quite a lot of strides to make for me.
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

qonstrukt wrote:For 1.1.x users running a reverse proxy, I can recommend not using a user/pass on your web server, but only on the application itself. SABnzbd+ cannot connect using a user/pass on the web server at the moment. If you want to add a user/pass later (for 1.2) make sure it is the same as on your web server as there won't be any separate fields for it. I don't really see why you'd want to do that.
Using the app user name and password is actually a quite insecure way to protect your apache server. One thing which I am not fully clear. Those (like myself) using .htaccess to protect their apache server and properly configured reverse-proxies will actually not even need the user name and password of the apps anymore. The reverse-proxy will include those after entering the apache .htaccess password.
maxrogers

Post by maxrogers »

;D Really cool app! Looking forward to updates! O0
WonderStivi

Post by WonderStivi »

Man, I really love your app! I love how you've combined Sab, Couch and Sick management. My preference would be that you hone what you've already implemented instead of adding too many features. When it comes to searching, we already have MyNZB which will be hard to beat.

Regarding Sickbeard, when adding a show from your app, it's added in SD quality. Is it just my setup, or is it a general problem? Would love it if you could set to HD by default.

Thanks man, good work.
gers1978

Post by gers1978 »

Great app, but could you implement 2 things:

1) When pausing the SAB queue, allow setting a pause interval (10 mins, 30 mins, 2 hours, etc, or even just type in your own number); I hate pausing it full stop cos I always forget to unpause it later!

2) Could we have a "friendly name" field for each server? I run SAB, Sick and Couch on 2 machines (separately) in my house, using the same static IP addy but different ports. In Qouch, both servers show in the list as just the same IP addy, making it confusing when trying to know which one to select!

Thanks, great job!
gers1978

Post by gers1978 »

Also, when adding a TV show in Sick, why does Qouch not ask which quality I want? When I add a movie in Couch, Qouch asks which quality, but not for TV Shows/Sick...
maxrogers

Post by maxrogers »

It sucks for those of us who have sab, sb, and cp on different servers or the same server with different host names (for example: sab.bobby.com, sb.bobby.com, cp.bobby.com) We have to switch "servers" whenever we want to use either sab, sb, or cp... :-\

Suggestion: Add a seperate host/ip field for each service (sab, sb, and cp) within the add a server section. Then change "Add a Server" to read "Add Sources." You could of course still add more sets of sources... :o
stever1991

Post by stever1991 »

steve1977 wrote:
qonstrukt wrote:For 1.1.x users running a reverse proxy, I can recommend not using a user/pass on your web server, but only on the application itself. SABnzbd+ cannot connect using a user/pass on the web server at the moment. If you want to add a user/pass later (for 1.2) make sure it is the same as on your web server as there won't be any separate fields for it. I don't really see why you'd want to do that.
Using the app user name and password is actually a quite insecure way to protect your apache server. One thing which I am not fully clear. Those (like myself) using .htaccess to protect their apache server and properly configured reverse-proxies will actually not even need the user name and password of the apps anymore. The reverse-proxy will include those after entering the apache .htaccess password.
Hello all,
I'm a new user. first of all, thanks for the promising app !! but I have the same issue as steve1977.

my services (sab, sickbeard, couchpotato) are on a linux server, protected by .htaccess, which is classic linux password protection.
i access my server through a free reverse proxy service.

it is not working at all. I can't pass the setting stage, because the app is not able to connect to my server. so i cannot use the app. I know it's alpha so it's ok, but i'd like to be able to use this app. do you know when you plan to release a fix so it can work with linux server oriented world ?
thanks in advance !