LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
meta4ic

Re: LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Post by meta4ic »

My top item for improvement would be more graceful handling of initials; authors with one or two initials tend to either miss-match or blow up LazyLibrarian.

Other than that, the existing code actually works amazingly well for the current state of development.
keim

Post by keim »

yeah the headphones codebase seems to be pretty solid right now, you can daemonize it, i have it daemonized on my server right now.

some cleanup would be good but thats always good

main things are making it work better with searches and being able to select quality/type

calibre library integration would be awesome but we are a long way from that atm, the code needs to be updated and branched so people can hopefully help out, when it starts working better more people are likely to get involved and work on it

if any of you know megb then ask him to merge the code he has and then make a development branch or something
Wimma

Post by Wimma »

Any updates? Revised/current code to test?
Just a quick check ...
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

Over the past few months I have been working on LazyLibrarian rather heavily and developed a completely new theme for the site (based on a concept posted on this forum) as well as a logo and auto update feature. I have fixed the code for searching for authors using goodreads and moved the source for books to goodreads rather than Google books (as Google books does not have a unique author ID, I found having two different sources often resulted in retrieving the books for a different author than the one you added). I have also modified the code used to find books using nzbmatrix (so that books are more likely to be found and downloaded without introducing new false positives). After much testing LazyLibrarian seems to be stable and work as expected when using nzbmatrix and sabnzbd. Finally, I have included a rudimentary method of selecting the type of ebook to be downloaded.

The repository can be found here: https://github.com/LibrarianMike/LazyLibrarian

I am interested in working with other developers to help get a more polished solution beta version of the application up and running as soon as possible so if your willing to help out let me know. I will continue to update lazylibrarian as time allows over the coming months.

tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

LibrarianMike wrote:Over the past few months I have been working on LazyLibrarian rather heavily and developed a completely new theme for the site (based on a concept posted on this forum) as well as a logo and auto update feature. I have fixed the code for searching for authors using goodreads and moved the source for books to goodreads rather than Google books (as Google books does not have a unique author ID, I found having two different sources often resulted in retrieving the books for a different author than the one you added). I have also modified the code used to find books using nzbmatrix (so that books are more likely to be found and downloaded without introducing new false positives). After much testing LazyLibrarian seems to be stable and work as expected when using nzbmatrix and sabnzbd. Finally, I have included a rudimentary method of selecting the type of ebook to be downloaded.

The repository can be found here: https://github.com/LibrarianMike/LazyLibrarian
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I have been waiting forever for this to be updated & working again. Going to install it right now. :) You are my hero for today.
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

Thanks :) keep in mind that it is still very much a work in progress. I have only tested it using nzbmatrix, sabnzbd and running on Mac OS X so your mileage may vary
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

LibrarianMike wrote:Thanks :) keep in mind that it is still very much a work in progress. I have only tested it using nzbmatrix, sabnzbd and running on Mac OS X so your mileage may vary

It is varying. I'm getting a cherry.py error logging in (from a remote host - not at home, so can't test locally right now).

Code: Select all

500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tymanthius/.LazyLibrarian/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/home/tymanthius/.LazyLibrarian/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/tymanthius/.LazyLibrarian/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/tymanthius/.LazyLibrarian/lazylibrarian/webServe.py", line 36, in index
    from lazylibrarian import versioncheck
  File "/home/tymanthius/.LazyLibrarian/lazylibrarian/versioncheck.py", line 7, in <module>
    import lib.simplejson as simplejson
ImportError: No module named simplejson
I'm about to go google this, and see what I can see. I used to get it w/ sab & sickbeard too occasionally, but don't recall the fix, or if it was the exact same error.

EDIT: Googling turned this up: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2604 ... simplejson

Basically change the line that reads:

import lib.simplejson as simplejson 
into

import json as simplejson 
Seems to be working. :)
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

I know how to fix that. copy simplejason from sickbeard or headphones into the lib folder. Both methods will fix the error but I have added simplejason to the correct folder on the repo now anyway so you could always just pull the recent changes
Last edited by LibrarianMike on November 21st, 2012, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wimma

Post by Wimma »

LibrarianMike wrote:Thanks :) keep in mind that it is still very much a work in progress. I have only tested it using nzbmatrix, sabnzbd and running on Mac OS X so your mileage may vary
Thanks for picking this up. Just wondering if your changes are a separate branch to what jaearess or itsmegb are working on?
Either way, I'm keen to test it - will look up how to install it and get it fired up.
Great stuff.

Now we just need to be able to select what server we want to use ... sabnzbd problem though!
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

From what I can see jaearess and itsmegb have not published any changes what so ever to lazy librarian over the past 5 months. Based on the information on this forum where people have tried to contact them and received no response I decided to begin a new master branch of the code which will actually continually be updated/supported by myself and the community. The code was initially a branch from itmegb's code.
Wimma

Post by Wimma »

Fully support that, just wanted to be clear in case they come back for a look/update.
Great to see some progress, thanks again LibrarianMike!
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

Looks brilliant. We only need a windows version now <hint> ;D
Eejit - The name say's it all !!
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

I've just finished testing it on windows, as long as you install python v2.6 it will run fine :)
FatGiant

Post by FatGiant »

Thanks for the update.

Now, I'm a n00b in Linux.

I downloaded the .zip, extracted it, opened the folder in terminal, Typed: python LazyLibrarian.py -daemon

And I get the message: LazyLibrarian.py: error: no such option: -a

I went ahead edited the ubuntu.defaults with the Run as and the app_path.

But no luck, is there any extra steps that aren't mentioned?

Thanks.
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

I don't have much experience with linux and unfortunately have no installation of it to test on, however, if you download another copy of the project (I have just updated it) and run the command 'python LazyLibrarian.py -d' I have verified that this works on Mac OS X