LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
vileboy

Re: LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Post by vileboy »

D'oh! Ignore me I'm being slow.
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

Anyone know of any providers (with an API) that offer a good ebook selection? Every provider I have looked at has little to no eBooks or does not provide an API.
simonk83

Post by simonk83 »

LibrarianMike wrote:Anyone know of any providers (with an API) that offer a good ebook selection? Every provider I have looked at has little to no eBooks or does not provide an API.
nzb.su (newznab) is probably your best best. The problem for now is going to be getting in there if you're not already...
keim

Post by keim »

well from my experience usenet is not superbly friendly to ebooks currently, i am hopeful however with utilities like lazy librarian coming along it could help encourage more usenet use for ebooks

biggest problem at the moment is support for search providers and people being able to actually get in those providers
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

Yes unfortunately nzb matrix was great for ebooks. Nzb.su is fairly good too but VIP registrations are closed (and LL already works with nzb.su).
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

simonk83 wrote:
LibrarianMike wrote:Anyone know of any providers (with an API) that offer a good ebook selection? Every provider I have looked at has little to no eBooks or does not provide an API.
nzb.su (newznab) is probably your best best. The problem for now is going to be getting in there if you're not already...

Most any newznab provider will be ok. You can even set up your own if you wish. I have, and it's currently set to a 40 day retention. Works ok for new stuff. I'm going to slowly build it's retention and watch the DB size. I hope I can allow it get to the full 1500+ days that my news host provides, but I doubt it.
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

Well LL Works on every newsnab provider that I have tested on windows already. Some people are having varied results on Linux though.
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

As it only accepts 1 nn provider right now, I have it set to a "public" one (now closed) rather than mine. But I could test, if you'd like, by seeing what books I have on my nn, then set LL to fetch from it.

Let me know if you need that data.

Oh, yea, the 'manual processing' still seems to do nothing on my Ubuntu 12.04 system. :( Mildly annoying as I have a lot of books already that I'd like it to 'see' and mark as downloaded or have.
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

I have tested on yours and it finds a lot of books. I will try to download and setup Ubuntu over the next week sometime so I can actually test and debug some of these issues.
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

Thanks. The oddest part is no log entries at all. :/
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

An error must be occurring causing the search thread to crash before any logs are written. It's the only explanation.
Wimma

Post by Wimma »

Let me know if you want another ubuntu user to do any testing.
Post processing seems to work fine for me (though says failed still) but moves books and renames as they should be.
Only the author directory permission causes me grief from memory (been a few days since I used)

No access to my server at the moment, but do sickbeard, couchpotato or headphones use any other providers that could be copied?
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

I've looked into it and none of their providers have a decent supply of books
LibrarianMike

Post by LibrarianMike »

Wimma wrote:Let me know if you want another ubuntu user to do any testing.
Post processing seems to work fine for me (though says failed still) but moves books and renames as they should be.
Can you try out the latest update and see if LL finds any nzb files with a newsnab provider (such as nzb.su). Hoping I fixed the issue with the cache which stopped it finding anything for Linux users.
Wimma

Post by Wimma »

Love to, but away for a couple days sorry, with no remote access from here.
Can do on Sat only :\