Post-Process Move/Remove/Rename (complete noob...)

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
rossbrettell

Post-Process Move/Remove/Rename (complete noob...)

Post by rossbrettell »

Hey,

I've just been introduced to the wonderful world of automated usenet and I'm having a great time figuring out how to get it all working the way I want it to. I have a few small gripes I'm trying to resolve and one is post-processing activities. One I'm hoping people here will be able to give me direction for.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A quick outline of what I have currently:

Sick Beard picking up TV.
SABnzdb downloading and (hopefully) organising.
TVMobli acting as DLNA for my PS3, TV, laptop etc.

To be entirely honest, I'm completely new to Usenet in general so I suspect the above image just shows how inept my config may be. Although it looks like some others I've seen, it isn't doing anything!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I would like:

Sick Beard picking up TV (and anime, although it would appear impossible).
SABnzbd downloading and organising my files neatly, the way I want them.

At the moment everything up to downloading works. Once downloaded, SAB unpacks and send the folder/file direct to my F:
What I would like, is for the file to be added to an existing arrangements of folders on my F: for ex:

Downloaded [Horriblesubs] Bleach - 339.avi ->
Moved to F:\anime\Bleach\Bleach - 339.avi.

Now I appreciate its not just a case of moving. It would be lovely if I could get it to simply move into the Bleach directory on my F:, however, if the file can be moved out of its own folder to be 'stacked' with the all other episodes in that folder...
Even better would be to have it renamed something like Bleach S03E01 - StabbyMcstabstab.avi - the official episode name but I'm probably wishing on a star here.

So.. could someone point me in the right direction? It's a real kicker, but I have no programming experience whatsoever and previous threads just look like an explosion on a character map. Speak in Engrish please :D

(Apologies for the long post!)
J03 8LACK

Re: Post-Process Move/Remove/Rename (complete noob...)

Post by J03 8LACK »

rossbrettell,

Long posts are great, you explained what you wanted very well and it's a simple answer.

Sickbeard

All you have to do is setup Sickbeard and Sabnzbd correctly and Sickbeard will do everything you want for you.

The steps below have been taken from the Sickbeard Forum http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10

SABnzbd+ Config for SickBeard:

1. First you should make sure you have designated a "scripts" folder. This is found on the "folders" tab of the "config" option in SABnzbd. Set it to something like "C:\Program Files\sabnzbd\scripts\" or wherever your installation of SABnzbd is. You may need to create the folder manually.

2. Open that scripts folder. Then open the folder titled "autoProcessTV" that you got with your SickBeard installation. Copy all the contents over into your "Scripts" folder.

3. Rename the "autoProcessTV.cfg.sample" to just "autoProcessTV.cfg"

4. Open that .cfg file in notepad. Change the host, port, username, and password values to the appropriate settings for your Sick Beard server. Then save it and close it.

5. Go back to SABnzbd and click on the "sorting" tab. Disable sorting for TV shows.

6. Go to the "categories" tab. Set the appropriate script as your postprocessing script for your TV shows.

sabToSickbeard.py - linux/OSX SABnzbd+

or

sabToSickbeard.exe - Windows SABnzbd+

Save the settings, and that's it. You should be fully configured now.

also take a look here -

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing

Need more help google "sabtoSickbeard" or come back here, someone will always help.

Even if you cant get Sickbeard to find the shows you can always use sickbeard to keep track and organize your shows by just sending your NZBs to a watch folder setup for post processing by sabtoSickbeard.

Hope this helps
J03
rossbrettell

Post by rossbrettell »

J03 - thanks for the reply.

I'll take a good look into this when I get home. Unfortunately, the work firewall blocks a huge amount of sites (I'm surprised not this one also tbh) so I get frustrated trying to look at anything interesting.

I'm surprised that the fix is to allow Sickbeard to do the post-processing jobs. I have seen the name sabtoSickbeard kicking around so I'll have a good root around.

Many thanks!
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

rossbrettell,

If its only Anime your looking to sort the main Sickbeard doesn't work at all.
But!
Thanks to lad1337 at the SickBeard forum has started working on a fork of SickBeard and his addons allow for Absolute numbering and renaming which is what your looking for. So head over to http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 9&start=20

and you can get his version here - https://github.com/lad1337/Sick-Beard/ just click on the word [ZIP]

The only problem you may have, is being a new to Sickbeard. The above version is a source version and has to be setup much defferent then the Windows version. Take a look here - http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/ and pay attention to this line

Sick Beard should run on any version of Windows and any other OS with Python 2.5+ and Cheetah 2.0.1+ installed. Compiled Win32 builds are posted in the Downloads section, or to run from source you'll need to clone the source from github.

Or try googling (run sickbeard from source).

Hope this help
Tell me how it goes
J03
Arkitekt

Post by Arkitekt »

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I didn't think it prudent to create a new thread.

Previously I was using Eventghost to automate TheRenamer to do my post-processing, however XBMC constantly losing focus/minimizing has driven me to find an alternate way. I have Sickbeard/Sabnzbd post-processing working (sab sends the file back to sickbeard, sickbeard renames it, stores it in my media library). However, there is one small hitch. Sickbeard does not create, or store the post-processed episode in a season folder within the show folder. Is there any way to accomplish this within sickbeard and sabnzbd?
arbies

Post by arbies »

Arkitekt wrote:Sickbeard does not create, or store the post-processed episode in a season folder within the show folder. Is there any way to accomplish this within sickbeard and sabnzbd?
Hopefully you've figured this out by now, but if not, I think I have the answer. In SickBeard, under Config - Post Processing, it looks like there's a Name Pattern you can pick from that include the season folder. I just use Custom and this for the pattern:

Season %S\%SN - s%0Se%0E

So under the folder with the show name, it'll create something like this:

Season 3\Gold Rush - s02e03.mkv
Valenz

Post by Valenz »

Would the name pattern make Sickbeard place a show in a order like G:\Series\Show name\Season\Episode? because im just using a standard selected option from the naming section and my sickbeard only places downloaded eps as follows: G:\Series
Thanks!
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

Valenz wrote:Would the name pattern make Sickbeard place a show in a order like G:\Series\Show name\Season\Episode? because im just using a standard selected option from the naming section and my sickbeard only places downloaded eps as follows: G:\Series
Thanks!
Yes. Using that naming convention creates Season folders.

Root \ My Show \ Season 1 \ My Show - S01E02.ext

Look at the different options to tweak it however you like.

I have mine set to:

Season %0S\%SN - S%0SE%0E - %EN

Season 02 \ Show Name - S02E03 - Ep Name.ext
seba74

Post by seba74 »

Hi, i am interesting, i think you use autoprocessTV ? and sabtocsickbeard.py ?

Where do you go to custom the name of the file, when he move/process it ?

i would like to keep the original name when moving the file, or add the format and source of the file/episode?

thanks
nitrem

Post by nitrem »

Hi all.. I also unfortunately need to shake the boat a bit. Having an issue with post process renaming. I have sabToSickBeard.exe set up for my tv series and I have post processing naming conventions set up, which works just fine when I do a manual post processing in Sick Beard, but when SABnzbd downloads something for me, the file doesn't get renamed accordingly.. It just keeps the original file name, even though it places it in the appropriate folder..
Please help this noob. ;-p