[Windows] YoVanilla: Movie and Documentary Post-Processing

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
NewYears1978

Re: [Windows] YoVanilla: Movie and Documentary Post-Processi

Post by NewYears1978 »

Was just going to say I did eventually get mine to work. Been using it since.

I wish there was an option to run the script manually though on a folder with files already in it :(
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

NewYears1978 wrote:I wish there was an option to run the script manually though on a folder with files already in it :(
You could do this with a pretty simple batch script, using a "for" argument with tokens: http://ss64.com/nt/for_f.html

The basic command syntax for YV is this:

Code: Select all

YoVanilla.exe" "D:\sabnzbd\complete\The Magnificent Seven 2016 1080p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi" "The.Magnificent.Seven.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-WiKi.nzb" "The Magnificent Seven 2016 1080p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi" "" "x264" "alt.binaries.kenpsx" "0"
So if you piped all the file names from your directory to a text file:

dir /b > file_list.txt
You could then do something like this:

for /f tokens=1 %%G IN (file_list.txt) DO "[YOUR_PATH_TO]\YoVanilla.exe ""[YOUR_MOVIE DIRECTORY]\%%G"" ""%%G.nzb"" ""%%G"" """" ""x264"" ""a.b.c"" ""0"""
I haven't tested this. You might need to do something different to escape the quotes, etc, but the premise should work.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

polayer5 wrote:Would you be able to link a download of each version in the second post? This would be useful in case we need to roll back a version or two due to an outage with the current version. Thank you for your consideration of this request.
I updated the second post. The change log version numbers are now clickable links for versions .60 thru current.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

polayer5 wrote:Can you provide an update or details on how you solved the problem. I'm still trying to isolate what the root cause is. The file appears to download and create a folder where it should. I'm assuming YoVanilla then deletes the file and is not able to find it when it's time to work it's magic and move the file. I would really like to resolve this as soon as possible if anyone can help.
I haven't had time to test this - I was hoping MajorMercy Flush was going to post back with some results from testing.

Here's my working theory: I suspect this has something to do with UAC and permissions in Windows 10, along with mapped network drives.

My advice to resolve this issue it to locate the YoVanilla.exe file in your scripts directory, right-click on it, choose Properties, go to Compatibility tab, check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator". You could also enable the option to "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 7".

Or disable UAC completely, though this is obviously much less secure.
polayer5

Post by polayer5 »

NoTolerance wrote:
polayer5 wrote:Would you be able to link a download of each version in the second post? This would be useful in case we need to roll back a version or two due to an outage with the current version. Thank you for your consideration of this request.
I updated the second post. The change log version numbers are now clickable links for versions .60 thru current.
Thank you!!! Greatly appreciated.
NoTolerance wrote:
polayer5 wrote:Can you provide an update or details on how you solved the problem. I'm still trying to isolate what the root cause is. The file appears to download and create a folder where it should. I'm assuming YoVanilla then deletes the file and is not able to find it when it's time to work it's magic and move the file. I would really like to resolve this as soon as possible if anyone can help.
I haven't had time to test this - I was hoping MajorMercy Flush was going to post back with some results from testing.

Here's my working theory: I suspect this has something to do with UAC and permissions in Windows 10, along with mapped network drives.

My advice to resolve this issue it to locate the YoVanilla.exe file in your scripts directory, right-click on it, choose Properties, go to Compatibility tab, check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator". You could also enable the option to "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 7".

Or disable UAC completely, though this is obviously much less secure.
Thank you! I will test this and report back. Hopefully this will fix the issue with the mapped drives.
polayer5

Post by polayer5 »

I got it to work based on your suggestions! Thanks for the support and keep up the great work on your script.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

polayer5 wrote:I got it to work based on your suggestions! Thanks for the support and keep up the great work on your script.
Which suggestion in particular? I'll update the first post with the suggested fix.
polayer5

Post by polayer5 »

I followed this and disabled UAC. I'm not sure if it requires both, but the script worked once I followed your suggestion below.
NoTolerance wrote:My advice to resolve this issue it to locate the YoVanilla.exe file in your scripts directory, right-click on it, choose Properties, go to Compatibility tab, check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator". You could also enable the option to "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 7".
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

Just updated Sabnzbd to version 1.2.0 and my movies cat stopped using YoVanilla script automatically. It was working flawlessly until I updated.I have no idea why 1.2.0 disables YoVanilla as all the Catagories I setup for YoVanilla still show up but don't automatically activate. Of course YoVanilla still works if manually activated in 1.2.0

I reinstalled old version of Sabnzbd 1.1.1 and all works automatically fine again. Any idea what 1.2.0 does to deactivate Yovanilla?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Are you on Linux or Mac? For those platforms, any script needs the execution bit (+x) set. This is to prevent people taking over your PC when they manage to get access to your SAB API-key.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

safihre wrote:Are you on Linux or Mac? For those platforms, any script needs the execution bit (+x) set. This is to prevent people taking over your PC when they manage to get access to your SAB API-key.
No, I am on Windows 10. I might add 1.2.0 only affected the Yovanilla script which I use for movies. My TV catagories still worked fine but of course they use the Sab script.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Can you see anything in the log?
When the download is in the queue, does it get the correct Category and does it show the script under the Script section for the job? (so while it's still downloading)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

safihre wrote:Can you see anything in the log?
When the download is in the queue, does it get the correct Category and does it show the script under the Script section for the job? (so while it's still downloading)

I reinstalled 1.2.0 and downloaded a movie. I'm not sure. Here is the log from when it appears it starts decoding. It says it is putting it into the "Complete" Folder but when I use use Yovanilla it goes to the "Movies" folder

2017-01-15 09:55:13,035::INFO::[__init__:927] \\?\C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\incomplete\Blood Orange 2016 DVDRip X264-\__ADMIN__\__renames__ missing
2017-01-15 09:55:13,038::INFO::[newsunpack:1053] Par verify finished ok on C:\Users\Frank\DOWNLO~1\INCOMP~1\BLOODO~1\164871.par2!
2017-01-15 09:55:13,039::INFO::[newsunpack:1093] Deleting C:\Users\Frank\DOWNLO~1\INCOMP~1\BLOODO~1\164871.par2
2017-01-15 09:55:13,039::INFO::[newsunpack:1124] Deleting \\?\C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\incomplete\Blood Orange 2016 DVDRip X264-\164871.vol00+01.par2
2017-01-15 09:55:13,042::INFO::[postproc:712] Verification and repair finished for Blood Orange 2016 DVDRip X264-SPOOKS -DG- (1)
2017-01-15 09:55:13,042::INFO::[misc:833] Creating directories: \\?\C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Blood Orange 2016 DVDRip X264-SPOOKS -DG- (1)
2017-01-15 09:55:13,042::INFO::[postproc:376] Running unpack_magic on Blood Orange 2016 DVDRip X264-SPOOKS -DG- (1)
2017-01-15 09:55:13,048::INFO::[newsunpack:230] Unrar starting on C:\Users\Frank\DOWNLO~1\INCOMP~1\BLOODO~1
2017-01-15 09:55:13,048::INFO::[newsunpack:452] Extracting rarfile C:\Users\Frank\DOWNLO~1\INCOMP~1\BLOODO~1\blood.orange.2016.dvdrip.x264-spooks.rar (belonging to blood.orange.2016.dvdrip.x264-spooks) to C:\Users\Frank\DOWNLO~1\complete\_UNPAC~1
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

So probably the correct category is not applied to the job.

What I actually meant is to click on the little arrow that's visible when the Job is in the queue on the right, there it will show the actual category and script Sab is applying after the download finishes.
Does it show the script there?
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

safihre wrote:So probably the correct category is not applied to the job.

What I actually meant is to click on the little arrow that's visible when the Job is in the queue on the right, there it will show the actual category and script Sab is applying after the download finishes.
Does it show the script there?
Sorry I misunderstood. The answer is no it does not select the Movie Category with the YoVanilla Script. Instead it selects the default category and does not process with YoVanilla. I can manually select the Movie Category before the download finishes and it works as usual. But in version 1.1.1 it selects the Movie category with the Yovanilla script automatically.