[Windows] YoVanilla: Movie and Documentary Post-Processing

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
fleinbach

Re: [Windows] YoVanilla: Movie and Documentary Post-Processi

Post by fleinbach »

Thanks for yovanilla it is a tremendous time saver. Just ran into an unusual situation. Just downloaded a movie named 1988 released in 1969. Yovanilla bracketed both dates as one. This left no title name so it deleted the movie. Is there any setting to correct this issue? I know of a work around by simply deselecting yovanilla in Sab before post processing. Then I can Manually process it. There are several movies out there where the title is a particular year like 1941 and 1984 as an example.

[log]
Date: 1969|1988
Added parenthesis to date; renamed title: (1969|1988)
Date formatted.
Special Edition Folder is now (1969|1988)
Processing " (1969|1988)"
Preparing to clean up files...
Looking for C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\1969 1988 720p BluRay X264-Japhson
Deleted japhson-1969-720p-sample.mkv
Preparing to rename and move files...
Only one file left.
Renaming/Moving C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\1969 1988 720p BluRay X264-Japhson\japhson-1969-720p.mkv to C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\ (1969|1988)\ (1969|1988).mkv SUCCEEDED! Now deleting...
Deleting C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\1969 1988 720p BluRay X264-Japhson SUCCEEDED!
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

fleinbach wrote:Thanks for yovanilla it is a tremendous time saver. Just ran into an unusual situation. Just downloaded a movie named 1988 released in 1969. Yovanilla bracketed both dates as one. This left no title name so it deleted the movie. Is there any setting to correct this issue? I know of a work around by simply deselecting yovanilla in Sab before post processing. Then I can Manually process it. There are several movies out there where the title is a particular year like 1941 and 1984 as an example.

[log]
Date: 1969|1988
Added parenthesis to date; renamed title: (1969|1988)
Date formatted.
Special Edition Folder is now (1969|1988)
Processing " (1969|1988)"
Looking for C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\1969 1988 720p BluRay X264-Japhson
Deleted japhson-1969-720p-sample.mkv
Only one file left.
Renaming/Moving C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\1969 1988 720p BluRay X264-Japhson\japhson-1969-720p.mkv to C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\ (1969|1988)\ (1969|1988).mkv SUCCEEDED! Now deleting...
Deleting C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\1969 1988 720p BluRay X264-Japhson SUCCEEDED!
Hrmm. I know I attempted to account for this when I was setting the script up initially. I think I tested it with "2012" and "1984" as possible movie titles. I know it was working at the time, but I wonder if I broke something in a later release.

I'll look into this during the week and will try to get a fix completed for the next update.
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate your program. Even with minor issues it sure beats manually making corrections. I only found it and started using it about 10 days ago but I have downloaded about 80 movies in that time and only had issues with 4. The other issue happened 3 times. If a movie title had any text between the title and the date it leaves that text as part of the title. Not a big deal as it is much easier to just delete that text compared to the old way of retyping and adding proper detail. I doubt that would be fixable as how could you know what a movies title should be.
TheBigGuy

Post by TheBigGuy »

Hi, and thanks for all the hard work. I was wondering if its possible to set a rename function for a file extension. I manually rename all .nfo files to .info extension after processing. This allows me to keep the original movie information such as the source,etc. I keep the original title name and only rename the extension. This way the original movie information is not overwritten when I scrape the movie nfo from IMDB. Just looking for a way to not have to always manually rename the file extension.

Thanks in advance.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

TheBigGuy wrote:Hi, and thanks for all the hard work. I was wondering if its possible to set a rename function for a file extension. I manually rename all .nfo files to .info extension after processing. This allows me to keep the original movie information such as the source,etc. I keep the original title name and only rename the extension. This way the original movie information is not overwritten when I scrape the movie nfo from IMDB. Just looking for a way to not have to always manually rename the file extension.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but I'm not sure there's a wide demand for this unique of a request. I'm not sure anyone else would really have use for this as a function.

I think I would suggest using the feature I have built in where you can call a secondary script and pass arguments to it. In your situation, you could call a batch file after YV is finished processing that would rename your nfo file:

Code: Select all

@echo off
ren *.nfo *.info
exit
Save that code into a file named something like renamenfo.bat and save it somewhere - like your Sab scripts directory.

Then enable the options in the YoVanilla.ini file to call an external program:

RunApp=1

AppPath="C:\SABnzbd\scripts\renamenfo.bat" <-- Or whatever the directory is that you saved the file.

Hope this helps.
TheBigGuy

Post by TheBigGuy »

Thank you. I will do as you suggest. Much appreciated.
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

I have run into another situation. Most movies I download are in MKV format but if I download one that is in DVD format many files are stripped and the movie won't play. I also have trouble with software programs. They too have missing files when post processed. To work around I just re-download them with Nzbgabit. Maybe I have things setup improperly, I'm not sure. I tried to follow the instructions setting up YoVanilla in categories but when I did it never worked for me. The only way I could figure to make YoVanilla work was to make it the first category. I was going to post an image but can't figure out how to do it but you can view using dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szivy8kl0389s ... g.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/szivy8kl0389s ... g.JPG?dl=0
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

Another issue. Back to the Future Trilogy. Put in first movie then deleted next 2. Had to run without Yovanilla to get all three.

Back With My Brand New Invention: v1.0.0.65
INI File Version: v1.0.0.04
You're running the current version of YoVanilla.
Your INI File is current.
New Job: Back to the Future Trilogy 1080p Brrip x264 YIFY
Making sure NZB was processed successfully...
NZB processing completed without error. Yo, VIP! Let's kick it!
Subdirectory Check Result: 9
Reading configuration options from C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\Yovanilla\YoVanilla.ini
You didn't define categories in the configuration file! I'm just going to dump the files into the C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete folder if I can! Otherwise, you're SOL.
Processing as an UNKNOWN - No categories set.
Formatting date...
No date found. We'll try to look it up.
No nfo file found.
Could not find a date to add to file name.
Special Edition Folder is now Back To The Future Trilogy
Processing "Back To The Future Trilogy"
Looking for C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back to the Future Trilogy 1080p Brrip x264 YIFY
C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back To The Future Trilogy\Back To The Future Trilogy.srt didn't exist.
Moved C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back to the Future Trilogy 1080p Brrip x264 YIFY\Back.to.the.Future.1985.1080p.Brrip.x264.Deceit.YIFY.srt as C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back To The Future Trilogy\Back To The Future Trilogy.srt
C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back To The Future Trilogy\Back To The Future Trilogy.srt already existed.
Moved C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back to the Future Trilogy 1080p Brrip x264 YIFY\Back.to.the.Future.Part.3.1990.1080p.Brrip.x264.Deceit.YIFY.srt as C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back To The Future Trilogy\Back To The Future Trilogy - Part 2.srt
C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back To The Future Trilogy\Back To The Future Trilogy.srt didn't exist.
Moved C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back to the Future Trilogy 1080p Brrip x264 YIFY\Back.To.The.Future.Part2.1989.1080p.Brrip.x264.Deceit.YIFY.srt as C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back To The Future Trilogy\Back To The Future Trilogy.srt
There are 3 files to process. Are they AVI files?
No *.avi Files Found! Must be other file types...
Rechecking file list...
There are still multiple files left and I'm not sure what to do with them.
I'll try to use some logic here to see if I can figure out what's going on...
Searching Back.to.the.Future.Part.2.1989.1080p.Brrip.x264.Deceit.YIFY.mp4 for known file types...
Found an mp4 file.
Looks like we found our main file. Going to move it now.
Renaming/Moving C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back to the Future Trilogy 1080p Brrip x264 YIFY\Back.to.the.Future.Part.2.1989.1080p.Brrip.x264.Deceit.YIFY.mp4 to C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back To The Future Trilogy\Back To The Future Trilogy.mp4 SUCCEEDED! Now deleting...
Deleting C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete\Back to the Future Trilogy 1080p Brrip x264 YIFY SUCCEEDED!
Yo man - let's get out of here. Word to your mother.
zetareticuli

Post by zetareticuli »

Please advise where I can download the latest YoVanilla.exe. The link on page one of this topic is no longer accessible.

Thanks
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

zetareticuli wrote:Please advise where I can download the latest YoVanilla.exe. The link on page one of this topic is no longer accessible.

Thanks
Not sure what happened with Dropbox. I updated the link on the first post.

Looking into a new host.
Last edited by NoTolerance on April 20th, 2015, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
zetareticuli

Post by zetareticuli »

Thanks!
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

Tried to download but instead of a rar file it wants to download a file names download.exe. This file is loaded with addware.

Alsois this actually an update as the software kept wanting me to update but always failed. I suppose due to it not being there.
Last edited by fleinbach on April 20th, 2015, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

fleinbach wrote:Tried to download but instead of a rar file it wants to download a file names download.exe. This file is loaded with addware
Ah, nuts. Give me a few minutes. I'm trying to find a better file host.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

fleinbach wrote:I have run into another situation. Most movies I download are in MKV format but if I download one that is in DVD format many files are stripped and the movie won't play. I also have trouble with software programs. They too have missing files when post processed. To work around I just re-download them with Nzbgabit. Maybe I have things setup improperly, I'm not sure. I tried to follow the instructions setting up YoVanilla in categories but when I did it never worked for me. The only way I could figure to make YoVanilla work was to make it the first category. I was going to post an image but can't figure out how to do it but you can view using dropbox link.
It's not really designed to handle DVD releases, but you could probably make it work still for DVDs with some tweaking. You'd want to start by adding .bup .ifo and .vob to your keep list in the INI file.

I haven't tested it at all with DVDs, so there might be a couple more issues. Honestly, your best bet is to probably just use the built-in processing from Sab to extract DVD releases.
fleinbach wrote:Another issue. Back to the Future Trilogy. Put in first movie then deleted next 2. Had to run without Yovanilla to get all three.
Again, this is kind of a non-standard use of the script. You're downloading a pack of movies in this instance. YV doesn't know what to do in that situation, so it's likely only going to save one and assume the rest are garbage.
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

Ok, thanks just thought I'd mention it in case I was missing something. It is rare when I download a multi movie pack. Now all I need to do is remember the next time I do.

As for the DVD's I will try your suggestion as I hit a few DVD's at times. I try to avoid them as I always convert them to MKV's after download anyway for use with PLEX.