[Windows] YoVanilla: Movie and Documentary Post-Processing

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Windows] YoVanilla: Movie and Documentary Post-Processi

Post by safihre »

So something is going wrong with the matching of categories to NZB's. How do you get your NZBs?
Check your category settings, are the right matching still set?
There have been changes in the way categories are matched to jobs.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

safihre wrote:So something is going wrong with the matching of categories to NZB's. How do you get your NZBs?
Check your category settings, are the right matching still set?
There have been changes in the way categories are matched to jobs.
Category: Movies
Priority: Normal
Processing: +Delete
Script: YoVanilla.exe
Folder/Path:
Group / Indexer Tags: 20*, *movies*, *cam*, *xvid*, *x26*, *dvd*, *4k*, *bluray*, *kids*, *bollywood*, 292-Non-English, 3-Other
Last edited by fleinbach on January 15th, 2017, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Could you send me a screenshot of all your Categories settings? [email protected]
Will try to fix it :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

fleinbach wrote:Just updated Sabnzbd to version 1.2.0 and my movies cat stopped using YoVanilla script automatically. It was working flawlessly until I updated.I have no idea why 1.2.0 disables YoVanilla as all the Catagories I setup for YoVanilla still show up but don't automatically activate. Of course YoVanilla still works if manually activated in 1.2.0

I reinstalled old version of Sabnzbd 1.1.1 and all works automatically fine again. Any idea what 1.2.0 does to deactivate Yovanilla?
I just updated to 1.2.0 and am not experiencing this issue on Windows 7.

Is it possible that something changed with your indexing site's categories structure so that it's not passing the correct category to Sab?
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

NoTolerance wrote:
fleinbach wrote:Just updated Sabnzbd to version 1.2.0 and my movies cat stopped using YoVanilla script automatically. It was working flawlessly until I updated.I have no idea why 1.2.0 disables YoVanilla as all the Catagories I setup for YoVanilla still show up but don't automatically activate. Of course YoVanilla still works if manually activated in 1.2.0

I reinstalled old version of Sabnzbd 1.1.1 and all works automatically fine again. Any idea what 1.2.0 does to deactivate Yovanilla?
I just updated to 1.2.0 and am not experiencing this issue on Windows 7.

Is it possible that something changed with your indexing site's categories structure so that it's not passing the correct category to Sab?
I don't think so as I can reinstall version 1.1.1 and use the same NZB file and it works perfectly. I have flipped back and forth with 1.1.1 and 1.2.0 using the same NZB file and always get the same results. Automatic activation with 1.1.1.1 and 1.2.0 uses the default category.

[Edit]
Safihre has found the problem and reported it will be fixed in update 1.2.1
MajorMercyFlush

Post by MajorMercyFlush »

NoTolerance wrote:
polayer5 wrote:Can you provide an update or details on how you solved the problem. I'm still trying to isolate what the root cause is. The file appears to download and create a folder where it should. I'm assuming YoVanilla then deletes the file and is not able to find it when it's time to work it's magic and move the file. I would really like to resolve this as soon as possible if anyone can help.
I haven't had time to test this - I was hoping MajorMercy Flush was going to post back with some results from testing.

Here's my working theory: I suspect this has something to do with UAC and permissions in Windows 10, along with mapped network drives.

My advice to resolve this issue it to locate the YoVanilla.exe file in your scripts directory, right-click on it, choose Properties, go to Compatibility tab, check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator". You could also enable the option to "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 7".

Or disable UAC completely, though this is obviously much less secure.

I would like to apologise to everyone who has been waiting on my findings on this issue. Sadly poorly timed happenings caused me to fall of the face of the earth for a while. I know it must have been frustrating to have me say I figured it out and then not come back with what I found. So again my apologies.

It looks like NoTolerance has a fix for polayer5 but I tried that way back when this problem started for me back in 2013 and still had the issues with just running YoVanilla as admin or in compatibility mode. That may be enough of a solution if the shares are just to another PC and not a NAS I'm not sure but my way doesn't involve making any changes to the UAC and no process has to be run with unnecessary rights and works on a NAS. This maybe worth a read just anecdotally or if you are still having deeper issues.

Ok I will try to keep this as concise as possible (edit: turns out its a mammoth of a post anyway). There are one of two aspects to this that my knowledge is a little thin so I will try to explain it as best I can. In those areas I do have the exact commands I used which I'll share, it's just my explanation/terminology may be a little off. I'm a Windows guy and some of this isn't based there. Ok I hope that makes sense otherwise we're all buggered before we start :)

I won't go into the exact problem of the video being deleted in too much detail as if you are experiencing it you're already on board but if you do want my initial findings from some time ago (2013) (this problem actually started with Windows 8.1) they are earlier in this thread at https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.ph ... =60#p90347
This is a link to the post that started this new line of enquiry back in October 2016 https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.ph ... 80#p108590

I'll start by describing my setup which I believe is essentially the same for a number of people having this issue. If your setup differs hopefully this will point you in a direction to be able to look into the specific niggles you have.

I am running SABnzb and by virtu YoVanilla on a Windows 10 machine. The build is irrelevant as as I mentioned about this issue started specifically with Windows 8.1.
My video files are stored on a NAS (a QNAP TS-412 to be precise) on the same network. I have a number of network shares on my Windows 10 machine that correlate to my YoVanilla categories and the different locations/drives on the NAS. eg. I have a share that points to where I store normal movies and a completely different location for my 3D movies and another for TV (irrelevant in this case). That should be enough information so that we are all on the same page.

Ok, as far as I can tell as of Windows 8.1 a change was made to how tasks are run using elevated privileges. It goes beyond the very thin layer we see as the UAC and can not be altered via the UAC settings. What this means is that if you run some as Administrator it doesn't behave exactly how it used to. I don't have anything I can point you at to read up on, I came to this conclusion through sheer force of will (and I had some of my developers at the time knock up a few things that tested my theory).

If you are running SABnzb with elevated privileges by either going to the properties of the executable and ticked "Run as Administrator" or as running it as a scheduled task as I do (it gives me more control than simply Run at Startup) with the "Run with Highest Privileges" ticked you will have been banging your head against a wall because it will not work. It appears that running elevated SABnzb no longer talks to YoVanilla correctly. I have proved this by running YoVanilla from the command line with the correct parameters and once everything is sorted it works fine. I tried running YoVanilla elevated also but this failed to function correctly. The best way I can describe it is that aspects are fenced off from each other.
That is Part One of the problem.

Part Two is to do with the network shares themselves and is permission based. To get this to work I gave Full Control to Everyone. It maybe possible to tighten this up if you feels its necessary however that ties into Part three which is where I get a little vague because we leave my comfort zone. My NAS is already shared freely to everyone on my local network so having the shares on my Windows 10 machine open to Everyone wasn't an issue. Also if anyone touches my PC I cut hands off :)

Right, on to Part Three or as I like to call it the part that "really ties the room together". Permissions on the NAS, specifically the Group of the directories you are mapped to on the Windows 8.1 or greater machine. This is really what it all hinged on and how I got to it was painful at the time. As I said this is where my knowledge falls short. Once I had it working I cast any cares of understanding the minutiae out the window when I knew I had a rinse and repeat approach for fixing relevant directories. I gave both my PC and NAS a middle finger each and did a happy dance. But I digress.
This is what was needed to be done on the directories on the NAS that your Windows machine is mapping to with Full Control granted to everyone.

You are going to start by SSH to your NAS as admin or root or whatever. You need to be master of all that you survey. I did say this is where I start to fall down in my jargon. Windows Do or Die. I'm going to list commands and then try to explain the bits that your need to change for your specific configuration.

cd /share

when I do an ls -l here I can see my Drives/Directories as they appear on the network under Windows networking. The example I will use is Drive3 but you will obviously need to substitute that for each and everyone of the directories you map to.

cd Drive3

ls -l

Doing a long form directory listing I see the following

drwxrwxrwx 426 admin administ 28672 Feb 13 14:13 Movies2/

this is showing that there is a directory on Drive3 called Movies2. The issue we have here is the Group which in this case is administ and this is stopping the share from behaving the way we want it too. We need to change that group to everyone

cd Movies2

/bin/chown -R admin.everyone * .[a-z]* .

you can confirm the change

ls -l

drwxrwxrwx 426 admin everyone 28672 Feb 13 14:13 Movies2/

Despite what I said earlier I have now done a little digging into this command and have found it can be simplified. However the line about is what I used and it worked so I am providing it as is. Dig into the chown command further if you want to. A key thing that is important to maintain in that command though is the * .[a-z]* . on the end. Apparently that expression stops permissions on the preceding directory being changed... or something. As I said that is the exact command I used and it worked. Repeat those steps for any directory that is required.

And we are done.

Yes it's quite involved but as I said the idea of turning UAC completely off is very unappealing. I troubleshot the hell out of this and what I've detailed are all the pressure points I found that can stop things running smoothly.

As I said that worked for my setup and looking through the thread people seem to have similar situations. Being able to use YoVanilla again after such a long time has been a god send so I hope this helps.

I'll try and answer any questions anyone has as best I can and if anyone feels the need to explain the linux commands a bit more go nuts.
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

Thanks Safihre, I tried the 1.2.1 RC1 and all works fine now.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

MajorMercyFlush wrote:I would like to apologise to everyone who has been waiting on my findings on this issue. Sadly poorly timed happenings caused me to fall of the face of the earth for a while. I know it must have been frustrating to have me say I figured it out and then not come back with what I found. So again my apologies.
Thanks for the write-up and sharing your findings.
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

Is there any way to stop YoVanilla from removing non movie files? When I download software or books YoVanilla thinks they are movies and in post processing deletes them. I can stop this from happening if I remember to change Categories to Default before the post processing begins. Many times I forget and have to download them again.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

fleinbach wrote:Is there any way to stop YoVanilla from removing non movie files? When I download software or books YoVanilla thinks they are movies and in post processing deletes them. I can stop this from happening if I remember to change Categories to Default before the post processing begins. Many times I forget and have to download them again.
Yes. Your categories aren't set up correctly. You have YoVanilla set to run as the "Default" category, like so:

What you need to do is determine how your NZB indexing site handles categories and set Sab up to handle them accordingly. For example, my indexing site uses "Movies > HD" for HD movies. So I set my categories up like this:

I split my downloads into folders for SD and HD movies, but that's just a personal preference. You could just as easily set your categories like so:

Just remember that you need to have things match up in your YoVanilla.ini file:

Code: Select all

;===========================================================================
;	User-Defined Categories from Sabnzbd
;	Taken from "Category" column under Config - Categories
;	MUST MATCH EXACTLY
;	Documentary Category:
DocCat=documentaries

;	HD Movie (x264) Category:
HDCat=x264

;	SD Movie (DivX/XviD) Category:
SDCat=xvid
OR

;	User-Defined Categories from Sabnzbd
;	Taken from "Category" column under Config - Categories
;	MUST MATCH EXACTLY
;	Documentary Category:
DocCat=documentaries

;	HD Movie (x264) Category:
HDCat=movies

;	SD Movie (DivX/XviD) Category:
SDCat=movies
fleinbach

Post by fleinbach »

NoTolerance wrote:Yes. Your categories aren't set up correctly. You have YoVanilla set to run as the "Default" category, like so:
That is not the way I am setup. This is:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share ... _link_copy

Default: Folder C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\complete
Tv: Folder C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\Movies
Movies: Folder C:\Users\Frank\Downloads\TV

EDIT:
Ok, it seems I figured out how to read an NZB file to determine what Category to add to the default folder. From NzbGeek I had to add PC and Other as Indexer Categories
lightsout

Re: [Windows] YoVanilla: Movie and Documentary Post-Processing

Post by lightsout »

Wondering if I can get a little help on the great script.

Is there any way for manual processing. It seems like it can't just watch a folder because the script has to tell it which category.

I have movies downloaded from BitTorrent and I want the script to do its thing with them, anyway to make this happen?
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

YoVanilla.exe "C:\<your_complete_directory>\<downloaded_directory_name>" your_file.nzb your_file "" category group 0
An example:

YoVanilla.exe "D:\ScriptTest\complete\My.Movie.2013.720p.WEB-DL.H264-PublicHD" mymovie.nzb mymovie "" movies alt.binaries.multimedia 0
Everything after the downloaded directory name can be made up. Just make sure you use the correct number of arguments (6) and that the last argument is 0:

YoVanilla.exe "D:\ScriptTest\complete\My.Movie.2013.720p.WEB-DL.H264-PublicHD" blah.nzb blah "" whatever a.b.m 0
It would also help if you used an actual category like you do in Sab.
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

NoTolerance wrote: March 26th, 2018, 2:21 pm

YoVanilla.exe "C:\<your_complete_directory>\<downloaded_directory_name>" your_file.nzb your_file "" category group 0
An example:

YoVanilla.exe "D:\ScriptTest\complete\My.Movie.2013.720p.WEB-DL.H264-PublicHD" mymovie.nzb mymovie "" movies alt.binaries.multimedia 0
Everything after the downloaded directory name can be made up. Just make sure you use the correct number of arguments (6) and that the last argument is 0:

YoVanilla.exe "D:\ScriptTest\complete\My.Movie.2013.720p.WEB-DL.H264-PublicHD" blah.nzb blah "" whatever a.b.m 0
It would also help if you used an actual category like you do in Sab.

Ok, so if I actually use this

It should work with whatever hits that directory? You said use a category, what exactly did you mean, sorry.

This is without using sab at all , I just want to dump a bunch of files into a folder, which I think you get just clarifying.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

Do you use YoVanilla with Sab at all? If not, you still need to configure the YoVanilla.ini file. In that file, there is a section where you define categories and their paths. I would make sure you have at least one category and path defined and then use that in the manual script.

If you're trying to batch process a bunch of downloads, you'd have to write a script - a batch file would work easily enough for this - to pass the downloaded file names into the script.