[Windows] YoVanilla: Movie and Documentary Post-Processing

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
polayer5

Re: [Windows] YoVanilla: Movie and Documentary Post-Processi

Post by polayer5 »

Thanks for a great post-processing script NoTolerance. I had a few questions and was hoping someone could help me with them.

Is there anyway to remove the year that is added to the folder and movie after post processing. I removed it from the the .ini file and it still added it to my processed folder and movie.

Has there been any development with adding new categories. Like others have posted, I maintain a general and kid movie library and would like the ability to process downloads accordingly. I currently post process according to the 3 default categories and have to manually sort later. The ability to add additional categories would be greatly appreciated and make the script more robust.

Thanks for all you hard work NoTolerance in producing such a wonderful script that is greatly appreciated.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

polayer5 wrote:Thanks for a great post-processing script NoTolerance. I had a few questions and was hoping someone could help me with them.

Is there anyway to remove the year that is added to the folder and movie after post processing. I removed it from the the .ini file and it still added it to my processed folder and movie.
What did you remove from the INI file? I don't have a setting in there for the date field. I don't see a problem with adding one, though. I can add this to the next update.
polayer5 wrote:Has there been any development with adding new categories. Like others have posted, I maintain a general and kid movie library and would like the ability to process downloads accordingly. I currently post process according to the 3 default categories and have to manually sort later. The ability to add additional categories would be greatly appreciated and make the script more robust.
No, I haven't done anything with this yet, but I really want to. I've been trying to visualize how I would get it to work.

The truth is that I've had much less free time to spend on this than I used to have, so I haven't really dusted it off in a while. I think I'll make an effort to address some of the requests and issues over the next week or so and maybe get a new update pushed out.

I'd still like to finish off the GUI version at some point, too. It might not get wide-spread use, but it would come in handy for people that have an existing, messy library and would like a quick and easy way to clean it up. It also makes testing a little easier.
polayer5 wrote:Thanks for all you hard work NoTolerance in producing such a wonderful script that is greatly appreciated.
No problem. It's a fun little project! It helps that I still use it on a daily basis, too.
polayer5

Post by polayer5 »

NoTolerance,

Thanks for the quick reply and I'm glad to hear that you are still interested in developing this script. I can relate to your busy schedule and look forward to any future updates of your script.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

v62 is now up.

Added some new options, so be sure to take a look at the INI file for new settings.

=========
* Added ability to add user defined category.
* Added option to not have year added to file/folder name.
* Added ability to run another script or program after processing completes.
* I think I finally fixed the stupid Array error once and for all.
* Adjustment to date processing to catch spaces.
* Built in some logic for catching correct file when extra garbage is packaged with release.
Last edited by NoTolerance on October 4th, 2013, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mookydudz

Post by mookydudz »

NoTolerance is a legend, this script is fantastic. Thank you very much.
polayer5

Post by polayer5 »

THANK YOU!!! You have just taken your script to the next level.... :) :) :)
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

v63 is up with a small fix:

=========
* Noticed that we're still getting an extra space before the comma when it's a special edition with "The" or "A" renaming enabled.
* Added 480p/i and 810p/i to garbage strings to remove.
jaysel

Post by jaysel »

I have an issue whereby post processing is not removing some of the guff that is added when the file is uploaded. In this case, it is the word Hdrip.
See below:

Renamed D:\RSS Downloads\Movies\The New Republic 2013 HDRip XviD-AQOS to D:\RSS Downloads\complete\New Republic 2013 Hdrip, The
Now processing as: New Republic 2013 Hdrip, The

Is there somewhere that I can add/edit words to not keep when renaming?
It obviously thinks that Hdrip is part of the movies name, when this is very unlikely to ever happen.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

No idea how I missed HDRip...

I've considered adding a setting for users to add removal words. I'm still undecided, only because it could get messy with the rest of the script operations. Let me put some thought into this before I post the next update.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

BlueLotus wrote:Now that sounds interesting. So does this automatically happen each time or do we have to set the location each time. If that is the case then doing it manually will become the best methods to approach.
I'm sorry - you kind of lost me. What location are you talking about? If you're asking about the overall script, you only need to set the values (including locations) one time.
MajorMercyFlush

Post by MajorMercyFlush »

Hi

Firstly, love your work. Top stuff.

Ok, I have an issue that is very specific and I'm not sure anyone else would have run into it.

The short version is could you add a setting to allow for more verbose logging?

The long version. Strap in...

I am running sabnzbd and sickbeard on Windows 8.1 64bit which does not allow executables to be run elevated at startup (ie run as administrator).
To get sabnzbd to run correctly at startup I have had to create a scheduled task which runs at started up with elevated privileges. This all works fine except for running YoVanilla which is causing some fairly disastrous results. Prior to the Windows 8.1 upgrade I had never had a single problem.

Here is a sample of the my log file;

Code: Select all

2013-11-08 04:49 - Back With My Brand New Invention: v1.0.0.63
2013-11-08 04:49 - INI File Version: v1.0.0.04
2013-11-08 04:49 - You're running the current version of YoVanilla.
2013-11-08 04:49 - Your INI File is current.
2013-11-08 04:49 - New Job: Every.Which.Way.But.Loose.1978
2013-11-08 04:49 - Making sure NZB was processed successfully...
2013-11-08 04:49 - NZB processing completed without error. Yo, VIP! Let's kick it!
2013-11-08 04:49 - Subdirectory Check Result: 9
2013-11-08 04:49 - Replacing dots/periods in folder name...
Renamed E:\Downloads\ToProcess\Movies\Every.Which.Way.But.Loose.1978 to E:\Downloads\ToProcess\Movies\Every Which Way But Loose 1978
2013-11-08 04:49 - Replacing dots/periods/underscores in file name...
Renamed Every.Which.Way.But.Loose.1978 to Every Which Way But Loose 1978
2013-11-08 04:49 - Reading configuration options from E:\Download Tools\SABnzbd\scripts\YoVanilla.ini
2013-11-08 04:49 - Looks like an HD movie.
2013-11-08 04:49 - Processing as an HD movie.
2013-11-08 04:49 - Formatting date...
2013-11-08 04:49 - Date: 1978
2013-11-08 04:49 - Removed date; renamed title: Every Which Way But Loose
2013-11-08 04:49 - Done with date.
2013-11-08 04:49 - Special Edition Folder is now Every Which Way But Loose
2013-11-08 04:49 - Processing "Every Which Way But Loose"
2013-11-08 04:49 - Preparing to clean up files...
2013-11-08 04:49 - Looking for E:\Downloads\ToProcess\Movies\Every Which Way But Loose 1978
2013-11-08 04:49 - Couldn't move E:\Downloads\ToProcess\Movies\Every Which Way But Loose 1978\Every.Which.Way.But.Loose.1978.mp4 as R:\Every Which Way But Loose\Every Which Way But Loose.mp4
2013-11-08 04:49 - Preparing to rename and move files...
2013-11-08 04:49 - Only one file left.
2013-11-08 04:49 - Renaming/Moving E:\Downloads\ToProcess\Movies\Every Which Way But Loose 1978\Every.Which.Way.But.Loose.1978.mp4 to R:\Every Which Way But Loose\Every Which Way But Loose.mp4 SUCCEEDED! Now deleting...
2013-11-08 04:49 - Deleting E:\Downloads\ToProcess\Movies\Every Which Way But Loose 1978 SUCCEEDED!
2013-11-08 04:49 - Yo man - let's get out of here. Word to your mother.
As you can see there is an error saying it couldn't move the file then continues on and deletes the source file/directory. Is there any chance of getting the error codes/messages that are being thrown so I can try and troubleshoot this? sabnzbd is successfully running the sabtosickbeard executable which is, obviously, also in the scripts directory. I've spent quite a bit of time working on this and am getting nowhere, it's really doing my head in. I will add that I've been a developer for many years so this isn't, I don't believe, an issue due to lack of knowledge/understanding/familiarity. If it is I'm going to hang up my keyboard. I've been looking at this problem upside down, inside out, holistically, metaphysically and mythologically, calling upon the Sun God Ra to shine some light on this but with out some more detailed logging I've exhausted my options.

Thanks for your time.
jaysel

Post by jaysel »

I found a possible bug a few days ago.
I had a drive fail (my Movie drive H:) and it was not present when the download completed.
However, YoVanilla still handled the Post Processing without any errors:

Back With My Brand New Invention: v1.0.0.63
INI File Version: v1.0.0.04
You're running the current version of YoVanilla.
Your INI File is current.
New Job: Rush.2013.DVDRip.X264.AC3-BiTo
Making sure NZB was processed successfully...
NZB processing completed without error. Yo, VIP! Let's kick it!
Replacing dots/periods in folder name...
Renamed D:\RSS Downloads\Movies\Rush.2013.DVDRip.X264.AC3-BiTo to D:\RSS Downloads\Movies\Rush 2013 DVDRip X264 AC3-BiTo
Replacing dots/periods/underscores in file name...
Renamed Rush.2013.DVDRip.X264.AC3-BiTo to Rush 2013 DVDRip X264 AC3-BiTo
Reading configuration options from D:\RSS Downloads\SABnzbdScripts\YoVanilla.ini
Looks like an HD movie.
Processing as an HD movie.
Formatting date...
Date: 2013
Added parenthesis to date; renamed title: Rush (2013)
Date formatted.
Special Edition Folder is now Rush (2013)
Processing "Rush (2013)"
Preparing to clean up files...
Looking for D:\RSS Downloads\Movies\Rush 2013 DVDRip X264 AC3-BiTo
Preparing to rename and move files...
Only one file left.
Renaming/Moving D:\RSS Downloads\Movies\Rush 2013 DVDRip X264 AC3-BiTo\Rush.2013.DVDRip.X264.AC3-BiTo.mkv to F:\Movies\Rush (2013)\Rush (2013).mkv SUCCEEDED! Now deleting...
Deleting D:\RSS Downloads\Movies\Rush 2013 DVDRip X264 AC3-BiTo SUCCEEDED!
Yo man - let's get out of here. Word to your mother.[/font][/font]

I'm not sure how it renamed the movies to the H: partition as the partition is not there. I have recreated this issue and the same thing happens.
I have now amended the .ini to ensure future downloaded movies go to a different drive.
However, I wanted to point out that perhaps you may want to put an error trap in to ensure that the original downloaded file is not deleted if the file cannot be moved to the final destination.

Apart from that - amazing script, many thanks.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

I caught that particular error when I was reviewing the post before yours. I've added a graceful exit at that spot and will include that with the next updated release.

Thanks for noticing and pointing it out! Feedback is what keeps this thing working.
jaysel

Post by jaysel »

NoTolerance wrote:I caught that particular error when I was reviewing the post before yours. I've added a graceful exit at that spot and will include that with the next updated release.

Thanks for noticing and pointing it out! Feedback is what keeps this thing working.
That's great news, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
I'm hoping in a future release that if it is not able to move/rename the file, it will leave it in the download location for manual post processing.
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

v1.0.0.64 has been posted.

* Added "IMAX Edition" to special release types.
* Added "HDRip" to garbage string list.
* Added graceful exit with error code for instances where destination directory is missing or not found.