Handbrake Post Processing +

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
sunkin

Handbrake Post Processing +

Post by sunkin »

First I am not sure if i should be posting this request in here or in post processing forum. sorry if i chose wrong.

Ok so here is what i am looking for. I want to be able to automatically send downloads of a certain category to handbrake to be converted. I know this has already been done and i found a script that is old but i believe will work. BUT in addition to this i want to only send files that are above a certain size to handbrake. For example If i download an HD video that's 2hrs and 700mb there is no point in converting it because its already nice and small. But if i get a blu ray that's 22gb i'd want to shrink that down. Send the small to one folder and the large to handbrake(then to the small folder). This i truly can not find.

Does something like this exist already?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cytec

Re: Handbrake Post Processing +

Post by cytec »

i dont thins that something like that exists...
also... 2hrs HD movie with only 700mb? show me that :D

is think you should be able to make a script which checks for filesize and then sends it to handbrake if its bigger than x GB
jemenake

Post by jemenake »

I've got something like that that I'm developing. It looks at the downloaded content and, if it's already a .mp4, .m4v, or .mkv, and if it's less than 1.5GB, then it just renames it to "The Proper Movie Name (year).mp4". If it's bigger than that, or if it's an .avi, or VIDEO_TS folder or whatever, then it uses HandBrake. It also will copy over the SRT file, if it finds one in the folder (although I'm hoping to make this better, where, no matter what the movie is, it will check for an exact match on SubScene for the language(s) you want to include and then download those).
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

I'd be interesting in checking that out when you finish it. Please keep us updated.
jemenake

Post by jemenake »

Okay... I've been putting some more hours into this thing and I think I'm getting close to something you can try. It runs on Python, so you'll need that. Is it okay if it's in several files or do you really want it to be a single file?
MechaGen

Post by MechaGen »

jemenake wrote:Okay... I've been putting some more hours into this thing and I think I'm getting close to something you can try. It runs on Python, so you'll need that. Is it okay if it's in several files or do you really want it to be a single file?
@Jemenake, I'm very interested in this script! Did you get it to work? If so, would you share it?

Thanks,