[Windows] Pre-Queue script to Force selected downloads

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
gtalnz

[Windows] Pre-Queue script to Force selected downloads

Post by gtalnz »

I may be the only person who'll use this but thought I'd share anyway.

I have a data cap with my ISP but get unlimited downloads between certain hours, so I have Sabnzbd scheduled to only download during those hours.
For some files though, I'd like it to download them immediately (e.g. tv shows where spoilers are rampant on social media).

So this script, called ForceShow, allows me to do this. As inputs to the script there are two text files, FScategories.txt and FSdemo.txt
FScategories.txt contains the categories you want to use the script in (this is to prevent movies matching where you only want a tv show for example).
FSdemo.txt is an example for a category called 'demo'. Within it are the search terms for that category. Any downloads added to Sabnzbd with the category of 'demo' and which match one of these search terms will be set to 'Force' priority and will download immediately.

As an example, if you want to use it for a show called Playing With Thrones and have a category in Sabnzbd called 'tv', you would:
1) Add a line to FScategories.txt which just says 'tv'
2) Create a file called FStv.txt
3) Add a line to FStv.txt with a search term, e.g. 'thrones'

I am a very amateur coder so please be nice ;)

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vzl4sk8tehi5 ... /ForceShow
Lilaine

Re: [Windows] Pre-Queue script to Force selected downloads

Post by Lilaine »

Thank you very much for sharing the information.
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: [Windows] Pre-Queue script to Force selected downloads

Post by ErikBrown »

Thanks for the script. What about making the source available? I would also like to write a script and it would be very useful to have a script like yours as a sample.