SABnzbd Smart Downloader

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
jl0810

Re: SABnzbd Smart Downloader

Post by jl0810 »

Hello -I've been running a version of this script for quite sometime.  It's really incredible. 

Question though - I've been picking up a lot of foreign language films when using the movie downloader

Does anyone have any Regex or code snipt for a function that would ensure only IMDB titles in "English" are downloaded?
clambert

Post by clambert »

Stupid question(s).  The original thread states that you need a newzbin RSS feed.  Can I use a feed from nzbmatrix without any problems?  I'm assuming I probably can from what I have seen glancing through this thread.

The other thing that's eluding me is the functionality for TV shows.  You remove your RSS feed(s) from SABnzbd and tell the script what your host:port info is.  1)  How does the script know what specific shows I want pulled from the feed?  Is this setup by the names of the directories within the path you state in the script?  2) Does anything need to be setup with SABnzbd to make it aware of the script?  Or does the script just hook in?

I think I may end up playing with this as I get some free time.  I'm not a dolt but I honestly know nothing about Python.  Looks like all I really need to do is make some minor changes to the existing code anyway.  For a Windows 7 box, I just need to download Python and create a task with the task scheduler, right?

Thanks for your help.  I look eager to start playing with this.

-- Craig
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Hi Craig,

I suggest you take a look at Media Rover, essentially a replacement for this script (and is being maintained).

This script and Media Rover is it scans your "watched directory" for folders and based on that it looks to see if you have that episode already and downloads it if you do not. SABnabd needs no special configuration to have this or Media Rover running.

For windows 7, install Python 2.5 and schedule it with Task Scheduler - after setting up the config file it is that easy to get the shows you want and only the ones you need, no more getting dupes or trips when someone re-posts a show 6 months later. :)

Media Rover is available here: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=2262

Cheers,

Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
clambert

Post by clambert »

Ok cool.  It'll check it out.  Thanks.
mike171562

Post by mike171562 »

Anyone got a good 'movie' script workign with nzbmatrix? These threads are too confusing, it started as one and split off into 3 or 4 different, with TV and Movie scripts mixed in together. With the problems Newzbin is having right now, it seems wise to move the scripts away from using their RSS