Help with a script for action based on type (movie, TV, etc)

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
charliebitme

Help with a script for action based on type (movie, TV, etc)

Post by charliebitme »

I finally migrated from running SABnzbd from my local Windows machine onto a dedicated Ubuntu server so that a few of my indexers can push new adds directly to SABnzbd and items can be moved to their respective destination without any manual work. The issue that I am finding is that when a new item is pushed, it is assigned to the Default category and I am unable to select my particular custom category (since it's automatic and instant) so I could use some help with a post-processing script.

What I am looking to do is:
  • 1. Find some way to identify if the item is a movie or tv show (or other categories, not important now but in the future)
    2. Rename the items based on whether it's a movie, tv show or other
    2. Move them to a particular destination on my NAS (I have already created the mount point so I have access from the Ubuntu box to the NAS)
The move part seems pretty simple but the first two steps are the most important ones since I have movies and tv shows separated plus I will need them renamed as such. If this is pretty straightforward and you can provide me with the script then I will be thankful but I definitely don't have a problem with learning so if you can point me in the right direction to at least address my first two request then that will be helpful also. Thanks in advance O0
Richard63NL

Re: Help with a script for action based on type (movie, TV, etc)

Post by Richard63NL »

i do this with categories.