Post Processing always Fails

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
yitzi

Post Processing always Fails

Post by yitzi »

Hi,
I need some helpl. This error is beyond me. I have a script that has always worked. I have not touched it. In the middle of the night it began to fail on every single download no matter what type of file. First I thought is was somehow the script, so I have tried a few others but still the same error.
I'm running Windows 10 x64

019-11-20 09:05:07,282::ERROR::[postproc:537] Post Processing Failed for The.Simpsons.S31E07.AAC.MP4-Mobile-Obfuscated (see logfile)
2019-11-20 09:05:07,283::INFO::[postproc:538] Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sabnzbd\postproc.pyo", line 513, in process_job
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xd7 in position 7: invalid continuation byte
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Post Processing always Fails

Post by jcfp »

Sab version, script used, debug log? Language setting (encoding) of the os?
yitzi

Post by yitzi »

SABnzbd-service.exe-2.3.9 (rev=<HASH>9c309196b90be11)
Full executable path = C:\Program Files\SABnzbd\SABnzbd-service.exe
Platform = Windows-10-10.0.18362 (win64)
Python-version = 2.7.16 (v2.7.16:413a49145e, Mar 4 2019, 01:37:19) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)]
OS language: English USA

You may view and or download the Debug logs and Script in my Dropbox account. They were too large to paste as code.

Edit the link below to make it work.

https://www.dropbox(.com)/l/scl/AABm8K7l2hIs2bqr4wdkoSjWvHviagKxrZQ
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

Thanks. I was hoping the script output would be displayed verbatim in the log, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case (side effect of the traceback?).

Could you try running the script manually in a terminal, feeding it the same arguments sab did and put the output on a pastebin? The arguments sab used are listed in the log, on the line that says 'Running external script'. Replace any empty arguments (looks like ', ,' in the log entry) with just "" on your command line.
yitzi

Post by yitzi »

Well, I got it sorted, the were two issues the main one being that since I noticed that even the deobsfucate script would fail I knew it was not just my scripts. In the end, it turned out to be that Python 3 was installed. However, what is confusing is that python 3 has been on the machine since June and the scripts only began to fail in the last couple of weeks. Anyway, changing back to Python 2.7 fixed that. The second issue was an extra space in my filebot script being called by SabNzbD. I think that got introduced in the hours of changing scripts and testing trying to fix the issue prior to finding the Python version issue.

In any case thanks for your help. It's sorted now.