nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
J03 8LACK

Re: nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Post by J03 8LACK »

Hey Binhex,

looks like IMDB is back up and running, No errors for an hour now.

looks like IMDB might be about too switch some code but it didn't work. You may want to look for other options themovieDB.org maybe.

J03
binhex

Post by binhex »

J03 8LACK wrote: Hey Binhex,

looks like IMDB is back up and running, No errors for an hour now.

looks like IMDB might be about too switch some code but it didn't work. You may want to look for other options themovieDB.org maybe.

J03
yep i spotted that as well this morning as i had a queue notification pop up on my mobile :-), tbh i am very suprised its back online, i can only assume one of the following must be true, either imdb didnt realise how many applications were still pointing at their old json feed and thus got a lot of complaints when it went down, or imdb really did have some sort of coding error which stopped the feed and now its fixed. one thing is for sure the json feed link that the current imdb mobile app uses (android) points at a different url and this url has some special session key which cannot be bypassed, so fingers crossed imdb keep the old json feed going for some time to come :-).

yeah i have been looking at alternative ways of querying the imdb but all of them seem to have their shortfalls, i may take another look as im very conscious this is a weak point to my script and it would be nice to have a least a alternative source of data.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi guys, new version released 1.4.3, new feature is fallback method of web scraping using beautifulsoup if the json feed is down, should at least keep the script runnign should imdb decide to play silly buggers again  ;D

any probs let me know.

binhex.

p.s no changes to the config.ini for this version
rygar

Post by rygar »

Great job binhex. I just tried this for the first time (v1.4.3) and was able to get it working. The only issue I encountered:

The program is looking for two variables, good_rating and preferred_rating. However, in the sample config.ini they are called good_general_ratings and good_prefered_ratings. Once I changed config.ini to the match the program would then run.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
binhex

Post by binhex »

rygar wrote: Great job binhex. I just tried this for the first time (v1.4.3) and was able to get it working. The only issue I encountered:

The program is looking for two variables, good_rating and preferred_rating. However, in the sample config.ini they are called good_general_ratings and good_prefered_ratings. Once I changed config.ini to the match the program would then run.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
hi rygar, firrstly many thanks for posting the bug, i had done some changes to the code and forgotten about changing the sample config.ini, so def my bad :-).

i have now changed the sample config.ini file and have uploaded as ver 1.4.4

again if any bugs please let me know.
lolipop58

Post by lolipop58 »

hey binhex...

First of all, thanks for your great software ! It rox !

Here are some of my sugestions... Can we make it less dependant on imdb ? having only one site like nzbmatrix or nzbs.org (both of which i'm in and great) is more future proof.

also, is it possible to define a list of keywords such as : *national*geographic*720p*

and it will look in the nab sites and download the nzbs of everything related into the watch folder ?

that way, i see something i like, i just input the name and the x264 1080p tags and I wait !

cheers
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

lolipop58 wrote: hey binhex...

Here are some of my sugestions... Can we make it less dependant on imdb ? having only one site like nzbmatrix or nzbs.org (both of which i'm in and great) is more future proof.

also, is it possible to define a list of keywords such as : *national*geographic*720p*

and it will look in the nab sites and download the nzbs of everything related into the watch folder ?

that way, i see something i like, i just input the name and the x264 1080p tags and I wait !

cheers
Hey lolipop58,

This movie downloader is not using IMDB to search for movies. It is taking the NZB RSS feed info from nzbmatrix/nzbs.org and using that info to check imdb for the rating , category, and number of votes and checks with your preset settings to see if its good to download.

If your looking to search for a movie and wait try CouchPotato.
http://forums.sabnzbd.org/http://forums ... 400#p33400

or check this. http://forums.sabnzbd.org/http://forums ... 872#p42872

Binhex, Sorry if i stepped on any toes. I have many friends that have asked the same question.  
Hey maybe you will add a search someday.

Works great the way it is.
J03
Last edited by J03 8LACK on May 23rd, 2011, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binhex

Post by binhex »

J03 8LACK wrote:
lolipop58 wrote: hey binhex...

cheers
Hey lolipop58,

This movie downloader is not using IMDB to search for movies. It is taking the NZB RSS feed info from nzbmatrix/nzbs.org and using that info to check imdb for the rating , category, and number of votes and checks with your preset settings to see if its good to download.

If your looking to search for a movie and wait try CouchPotato.
http://forums.sabnzbd.org/http://forums ... 400#p33400

or check this. http://forums.sabnzbd.org/http://forums ... 872#p42872

Binhex, Sorry if i stepped on any toes. I have many friends that have asked the same question.  
Hey maybe you will add a search someday.

Works great the way it is.
J03

hi J03, nope no stepping on toes at all, infact its nice to have somebody who can answer these questions as im fairly busy right now coding up the webgui :-). yeah searching is not something that is high on my list of things to do right now, tbh for me i dont really see the point in having an app that performs searches when there is a perfectly reasonable website search facility already on most index sites, for me automating the task of deciding what is and what isnt a good movie is much more powerful :-), but hey horses for courses, couch potato is an extremely popular app so there's no argument that there are a lot of people out there who want to do searching via a web app.

binhex.
tomhandry1

Post by tomhandry1 »

can you specify more than one search string? Or do all your search requirements have to be contained within a single string?
Also, can you only specify one site to search or both?
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

tomhandry1 wrote: can you specify more than one search string? Or do all your search requirements have to be contained within a single string?
Also, can you only specify one site to search or both?
Hey tomhandry1,

Can you give me an example of the search your questioning about. As for the site at the moment it only watches one site you setup.
Most of the NZB sites all have the same info you may just have to wait a little longer for it to spawn over to your site.

from config.ini nzbmatrix setup

#nzbmatrix filter category    *** choose the format Category you wish to search from if more than one is needed use movies-all  
#valid values:- 54 = brrips, 42 = hd/x264, 2 = divx/xvid, 1 = dvd, movies-all = all formats
nzbmatrix_cat="42"       *** I set mine at "2" because i dont need any better than DIVX

#nzbmatrix filter language   *** choose your Language
#valid values:- 0 = any language, 1 = english or unknown only
nzbmatrix_lang="1"

#nzbmatrix filter search terms   **** choose your filter search terms ( what type of files you want and don't want )
#valid values:- "+" = term MUST exist in title, "+-" = term MAY exist in title, "-" = term must NOT exist in title
#example:- This will match bluray movies in 720p or 1080p format and ignore any hdtv, telecine, telesync encoded movies "+bluray +-720p +-1080P -hdtv -tc -ts"
nzbmatrix_search="+720p +bluray -hdtv -tc -ts -rc -line -audio -telesync -telecine -3d* -dtheater"

This is what i have Set
nzbmatrix_search="+-dvdrip +-DVDrip +-R5 +-BDRIP +-BDRip +-DVDSCR -SUBBED -CAM -tc -ts -telesync -telecine -3d"
This will grap either a DVDrip or R5 or BDrip or DVDSCR not subbed not cam not tc not ts not telesync not telecine not 3d

Hope this helps
Examples may help more

J03
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Does this have a webui to configure everything ?
binhex

Post by binhex »

new version uploaded 1.4.5, this is just bug fixes for errors caught over the last few months, there are no changes to the config.ini so upgrading should be simple.

changelog:-

ver 1.4.5
added in exit on failure to download imdb json feed and imdb mobile webpage scraping
added in checking of tt number for 7 digits or more, will skip if less than 7 or if error 404 recieved from imdb
general unicode tidy up
moved submit webform with username/password for nzbmatrix to retry loop

any probs let me know.

binhex.
Last edited by binhex on June 27th, 2011, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
binhex

Re: nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloade

Post by binhex »

ok i have managed to push out my intial release of automated movie downloader (now named MovieGrabber) with a nice webui frontend, i have now posted this to the third party addons section as i feel it's outgrown the title of "post processing script" :-).

direct link to the new release:- http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8569

im expecting some bugs as there was some heavy re-coding so please post as much detail as possible and i will try and squash them asap.

cheers!.

binhex.
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Hey Everyone,

Just a heads up the language filters at NZBmatrix is not working correctly. It's not the script it is the site they are trying out a new language filter which seems to have broken the English only setup. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

binhex - Movie grabber may have the same results I'm unable to test at this time.

see ya
J03
binhex

Post by binhex »

J03 8LACK wrote:Hey Everyone,

Just a heads up the language filters at NZBmatrix is not working correctly. It's not the script it is the site they are trying out a new language filter which seems to have broken the English only setup. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

binhex - Movie grabber may have the same results I'm unable to test at this time.

see ya
J03
thanks J03, do you know if the problem has resolved yet?