nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
mike171562

Re: nzbmatrix automated movie downloader

Post by mike171562 »

in its present form , this will not work on linux, the .pyd files i guess are windows binaries which will not work and i definitely cannot run the exe file to start the script. I had the script from another thread tweaked just right for newzbin, which sadly is no longer working :(. I'm trying to adapt it to nzbmatrix, but having problems grabbing the imdb url.
binhex

Post by binhex »

sorry my bad somehow the link has got messed up and links to the executable version of 1.0.3, sorry for that, here is the correct link including the source code:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?wwj0z4twzty
Last edited by binhex on May 19th, 2010, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike171562

Post by mike171562 »

Ah, I can work with this one, thank you. I started testing today and it seems nzbmatrix has shut off their RSS feeds until furhter notice :(, and i just upgraded to a VIP account a few days ago.

RSS
RSS Offline until further notice.
binhex

Post by binhex »

mike171562 wrote: Ah, I can work with this one, thank you. I started testing today and it seems nzbmatrix has shut off their RSS feeds until furhter notice :(, and i just upgraded to a VIP account a few days ago.

RSS
RSS Offline until further notice.
yep im aware of this, i dont think it will be down for too much longer, one of their servers went down so im guessing they are working on getting it back up and running ,at least i hope so :-).
caykroyd

Post by caykroyd »

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but looking through the code, I don't see where to put the list of wanted movies.  It looks like the rss feed searches all 720p movies.  How does the script decide which to download?
binhex

Post by binhex »

caykroyd wrote: I'm sure this is a dumb question, but looking through the code, I don't see where to put the list of wanted movies.  It looks like the rss feed searches all 720p movies.  How does the script decide which to download?
the list of good movies, i.e. movies you def want regardless of their imdb rating etc is defined in the config.ini file as "GoodTitle", the idea of the script is not so much to only download wanted movies (which can easily be achieved just by using an rss feed with sabnzbd+) but its more of a automated way of downloading all "good" movies e.g. movies with a imdb rating of X or above, only certain genres etc, i hope this makes sense :-).

just a quick heads up, i am releasing a new version very shortly with nzbs.org support, as well as the rss feed move which looks to of taken place on nzbmatrix
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

binhex wrote: just a quick heads up, i am releasing a new version very shortly with nzbs.org support, as well as the rss feed move which looks to of taken place on nzbmatrix
Looking forward to the update. Older version was working great.

J03
mike171562

Post by mike171562 »

I am able to get this to work in linux after tweaking a few things. I commented out all the logging functions as I can just pipe the print lines to a file if i need them. I also had to add a time.sleep(75) in the 'for node' loop as nzbmatrix only allows a few queries per minute and too many will get you a "error:please_wait_60" response.

Also had to change the 'ping' command to

pingtest = "ping -c 1 www.google.com"

without the -c switch in linux it will just ping forever.

thanks for the script, I can tell you put alot of work into this.
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok as promised i have just posted my latest version, changelog below:-

ver 1.1.0
added in nzbs.org support
defined functions for metadata, coverart etc
better logging of errors

if your upgrading then PLEASE make sure you use the new zip content, i am making use of a new python module and also the config.ini has changed a fair bit so please go through the sample config.ini carefully, let me know if you guys see any bugs.

download link is on the first post

binhex.
Last edited by binhex on June 1st, 2010, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Looking Good so Far ..... :D

One request can you add the IMDB ID to the Metadata file this will help me with running Thumbgen to create Movie Sheets for The WDTV Live.

Thanks
J03
Mrkennedy

Re: nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org automated movie downloader

Post by Mrkennedy »

I followed the guide in read me but have no idea if got this working correctly.

I edited the config file to my details. But not 100% sure how to do the task. I opened up task manager and created a new task, do you select the auto movie downloader as the file? When i click run a command box opens and closes within 1 or 2 seconds.
binhex

Post by binhex »

Mrkennedy wrote: I followed the guide in read me but have no idea if got this working correctly.

I edited the config file to my details. But not 100% sure how to do the task. I opened up task manager and created a new task, do you select the auto movie downloader as the file? When i click run a command box opens and closes within 1 or 2 seconds.
ok firstly yes you should be targeting the "auto movie downloader.exe" as the action and it should be set to "start a program" (this is within windows 7 i dont know if your running 7 or xp but its similar if not the same process).

secondly it sounds like it might not have the config.ini edited correctly, try opening a command prompt window, navigate to the folder with the executable in it and run the executable, you should then see what the script is outputting.

just a quick thought, you did rename the file sample config.ini to config.ini right?.

oh yeah and another thought, make sure you are specifying the "start in" folder for the action to be the root folder where the executable is located, for example if your exe is in c:\program files\auto movie downloader\auto movie downloader.exe then your start in folder should be "c:\program files\auto movie downloader"

i hope this helps, let me know how you get on.
Last edited by binhex on June 2nd, 2010, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mrkennedy

Post by Mrkennedy »

ok firstly yes you should be targeting the "auto movie downloader.exe" as the action and it should be set to "start a program" (this is within windows 7 i dont know if your running 7 or xp but its similar if not the same process).

Running Windows 7 - I did select all this, but have deleted the task and started a new one just to double check it was set up right.

secondly it sounds like it might not have the config.ini edited correctly, try opening a command prompt window, navigate to the folder with the executable in it and run the executable, you should then see what the script is outputting.

I edited the file, but not 100% sure how to get command prompt there, i got to the folder but cannot find a way to run the file (not clued up on cmd)

just a quick thought, you did rename the file sample config.ini to config.ini right?.

That was renamed correctly

oh yeah and another thought, make sure you are specifying the "start in" folder for the action to be the root folder where the executable is located, for example if your exe is in c:\program files\auto movie downloader\auto movie downloader.exe then your start in folder should be "c:\program files\auto movie downloader\"

this was also set up right

i hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Thanks, still got the 1 second flash up, if i have not edited the file correctly would this happen, or would you just get an error?
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Hey MrKenny,

check which nzb site you have selected in the config.ini and if select NZBMATrix you have to enter the your Password not your API key like the old version.

#------------------ Index Site Definitions --------------------

#define the indexing site used to download nzb's
#valid values:- nzbs, nzbmatrix
IndexSite="nzbmatrix"  ------ Check here

#------------------ NZBMatrix Index Definitions ---------------

#nzbmatrix account details
#specify account username and password
nzbmatrix_username=""
nzbmatrix_password="" ------ Not API key its your password now

hope this helps
J03
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok assuming your running windows 7 then you can open windows explorer navigate to the folder where the executable is, then hold down shift right click the folder and choose "open command windows here" this will drop you directly into the folder that contains the executable, then just run the exe by typing "auto movie downloader.exe" and hit return, let me know what the output is.

also jo3's point is a good one, if you have run my previous versions then make sure you are using your password not api key as this has changed.