nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
Mrkennedy

Re: nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org automated movie downloader

Post by Mrkennedy »

Sorry yes W7 (64) don't have a Matrix account have a nzb(dot)org and newzbin (hopefully this will be up and running soon) But nzb's.org works great in sickbeard.

Run the prompt got the error
'auto' is not recgnized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
Must have messed up someone then

thanks for the help so far, only just got my head around sickbeard and sabnzb as been putting it off for ages
Last edited by Mrkennedy on June 2nd, 2010, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
binhex

Post by binhex »

Mrkennedy wrote: Sorry yes W7 (64) don't have a Matrix account have a nzb(dot)org and newzbin (hopefully this will be up and running soon) But nzb's.org works great in sickbeard.

Run the prompt got the error
'auto' is not recgnized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
Must have messed up someone then

thanks for the help so far, only just got my head around sickbeard and sabnzb as been putting it off for ages
sounds like your not surrounding the executable name with quotes (filename contains spaces thus requires quotes), easiest way is to type auto and then press tab key this will then fill in the rest of the name for you then press return.
Mrkennedy

Post by Mrkennedy »

Thank you, that worked.
C:\Users\Office\Desktop\dist>"auto movie downloader.exe"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "auto movie downloader.py", line 27, in
  File "logging\__init__.pyc", line 801, in __init__
  File "logging\__init__.pyc", line 820, in _open
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'F:\\Scripts\\Logs\\Errors\\auto_m
ovie_downloader_main.log'
Mrkennedy

Post by Mrkennedy »

I do have a F drive but it's a usb external one. I have a Server connected to the network which all my media is on. I have the 3 main folders all mapped network too (Tv, Xvid, HD)
binhex

Post by binhex »

Mrkennedy wrote: Thank you, that worked.
C:\Users\Office\Desktop\dist>"auto movie downloader.exe"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "auto movie downloader.py", line 27, in
  File "logging\__init__.pyc", line 801, in __init__
  File "logging\__init__.pyc", line 820, in _open
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'F:\\Scripts\\Logs\\Errors\\auto_m
ovie_downloader_main.log'

does this path exist? F:\\Scripts\\Logs\\Errors\\auto_movie_downloader_main.log' i very much it does, as this is the path i use for my logs, you will need to edit the config.ini so that it points at an existing folder e.g.

errorlog_dir="F:\"
outputlog_dir="F:\"

this will then output the logs to the root of your F drive, or you can create a "Logs" folder off the root of the F drive and point it at that e.g.

errorlog_dir="F:\\Logs\"
outputlog_dir="F:\\Logs\"

just make sure that your usb drive remains connected at all times, otherwise the script wont be able to create any logs and will error.

Mrkennedy

Post by Mrkennedy »

Ok will try that

Changed all them now to my D drive

getting no errors now

C:\Users\Office\Documents\AutoMovie Downloder>"auto movie downloader.exe"

C:\Users\Office\Documents\AutoMovie Downloder>

I renamed the folder and moved it, created a new task using the new info too
Last edited by Mrkennedy on June 2nd, 2010, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
aldinach

Post by aldinach »

This is a seriously AWESOME script.  Thanks for posting it!  :-)

One question I have is about the function of these lines of code:

Code: Select all

#put your own root folder names below to specify the location of your hd collection (can span multiple drives)
movies_hd_dir1="example"

#put your own root folder names below to specify the location of your sd collection (can span multiple drives)
movies_sd_dir1="example"
If you add in the location of your  directories, what does the script use that for?  (I'm using SABnzbd category sorting already to sort my files  into folders based on other factors, so maybe I can't take advantage of this section?)

Also, can you comment on whether this script is connecting to NZBMatrix using https?  If not, can it be easily changed to do so?

Thanks again.  The script is very much appreciated.

Jason
Last edited by aldinach on June 16th, 2010, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binhex

Post by binhex »

aldinach wrote: This is a seriously AWESOME script.  Thanks for posting it!  :-)

One question I have is about the function of these lines of code:

Code: Select all

#put your own root folder names below to specify the location of your hd collection (can span multiple drives)
movies_hd_dir1="example"

#put your own root folder names below to specify the location of your sd collection (can span multiple drives)
movies_sd_dir1="example"
If you add in the location of your  directories, what does the script use that for?  (I'm using SABnzbd category sorting already to sort my files  into folders based on other factors, so maybe I can't take advantage of this section?)

Also, can you comment on whether this script is connecting to NZBMatrix using https?  If not, can it be easily changed to do so?

Thanks again.  The script is very much appreciated.

Jason
hi jason, the idea of the sd and hd folders is as follows:-

sd folders - this was a way of moving my collection over from sd material (dvdrips) over to hd material (bluray/hd-dvd), what i set it to do is check the sd collection against the hd title (assuming im downloading hd material), if it matches then i must like the movie (i.e. i already have it thus its ok to download and can skip checks) and i can then delete the sd movie manually and replace with a nice hd version :-).

hd folders - the hd folders is simply a check to see if the movie already exists in my collection, if it does then skip the movie as i already have it.

i admit its probably the one part of the script which is very particular to me, so i may change it to be more flexible for other users with different needs.

as to your second question, yep im using https throughout as your login and password credentials are sent thus its gotta be ssl.

im really glad you like the script, ive put a LOT of time into this, i started off with no programming skills so its taken me a long time to get this far :-)

if you have any other questions let me know.
zito

Post by zito »

Looks great !
Is there a way to run this on OS X ?
aldinach

Post by aldinach »

binhex wrote:

sd folders - this was a way of moving my collection over from sd material (dvdrips) over to hd material (bluray/hd-dvd), what i set it to do is check the sd collection against the hd title (assuming im downloading hd material), if it matches then i must like the movie (i.e. i already have it thus its ok to download and can skip checks) and i can then delete the sd movie manually and replace with a nice hd version :-).

hd folders - the hd folders is simply a check to see if the movie already exists in my collection, if it does then skip the movie as i already have it.

i admit its probably the one part of the script which is very particular to me, so i may change it to be more flexible for other users with different needs.

as to your second question, yep im using https throughout as your login and password credentials are sent thus its gotta be ssl.

im really glad you like the script, ive put a LOT of time into this, i started off with no programming skills so its taken me a long time to get this far :-)

Even more awesome.  :)  I keep my movies sorted the same way, so it works well for me too. :)  I didn't notice in the window output any log of it parsing through my entire directory though the script moves quickly, so I could have missed it.  Do I need to enable this feature in the config.ini file other than listing the directories and the # of each?

What exactly is the script checking against when it goes through the file list?  i.e., my structure is like this:

HD Movies Dir
-> Movie Name Dir
   -> Movie Name.ext
   -> Movie Name.nfo
   -> Movie Name-trailer  (etc)

SD Movies Dir
 -> (Same structure as HD)

First, is this structure supported? (i.e. does it scan recursively?) Secondly, I use scripts to rename the movies to a more "clean" title (i.e. the IMDB title) once they are put in my final movie storage area and also change the NFO file to one that contains movie metadata info, so they won't maintain the exact same name as they were when first acquired.  Once changed, is the script still smart enough to find/match them, or do they have to maintain the same filename/NFO/NZB as when downloaded?

Last question (for now) :), for the IMDB queuing section, is the idea here that you define a genre that you are more interested in than average and ask it to download and store all NZBs, but keep them in a "holding area" before committing to actually DL them by putting them into your watched folder?  i.e. these -might- be movies you are interested in, but it's not as definite as those in the "good" category.  Assuming that is the case,  is it queuing up the IMDB "preferred" genres from the section above as well, or are those instantly downloaded vs. these that are just queued?

So the order of preference and function of each section would be:

IMDB Good -> These movies meet the highest standards and in any case of a match, we put in the watch folder and DL.
IMDB Preferred -> Allows certain Genres to be named with lower rating standards than the general "Good" standards.  When the rating standard and genre are a match, instantly move to watched folder.
IMDB Queued -> Pull NZBs for all movies that meet a mix of Genre and Year criteria (rating criteria ignored, year criteria is a "max" year as opposed to min year in the general "IMDB Good" settings).  Script places these movies in a separate location to be manually reviewed and manually moved to the watch folder once the user confirms s/he is interested.
IMDB BAD -> We never download these even if they happen to meet some other criteria above.

I realize some of this is obvious, but I figured after I started asking questions about 1 or 2 of these, I'd just as well write it all out so that it's clear to future visitors what each one does.  Assuming it's correct, feel free to lift this for updating your readme or the first post.

Again, thanks!
binhex

Post by binhex »

aldinach wrote:
binhex wrote:

Even more awesome.  :)  I keep my movies sorted the same way, so it works well for me too. :)  I didn't notice in the window output any log of it parsing through my entire directory though the script moves quickly, so I could have missed it.  Do I need to enable this feature in the config.ini file other than listing the directories and the # of each?

What exactly is the script checking against when it goes through the file list?  i.e., my structure is like this:

HD Movies Dir
-> Movie Name Dir
   -> Movie Name.ext
   -> Movie Name.nfo
   -> Movie Name-trailer  (etc)

SD Movies Dir
 -> (Same structure as HD)

First, is this structure supported? (i.e. does it scan recursively?) Secondly, I use scripts to rename the movies to a more "clean" title (i.e. the IMDB title) once they are put in my final movie storage area and also change the NFO file to one that contains movie metadata info, so they won't maintain the exact same name as they were when first acquired.  Once changed, is the script still smart enough to find/match them, or do they have to maintain the same filename/NFO/NZB as when downloaded?

Last question (for now) :), for the IMDB queuing section, is the idea here that you define a genre that you are more interested in than average and ask it to download and store all NZBs, but keep them in a "holding area" before committing to actually DL them by putting them into your watched folder?  i.e. these -might- be movies you are interested in, but it's not as definite as those in the "good" category.  Assuming that is the case,  is it queuing up the IMDB "preferred" genres from the section above as well, or are those instantly downloaded vs. these that are just queued?

So the order of preference and function of each section would be:

IMDB Good -> These movies meet the highest standards and in any case of a match, we put in the watch folder and DL.
IMDB Preferred -> Allows certain Genres to be named with lower rating standards than the general "Good" standards.  When the rating standard and genre are a match, instantly move to watched folder.
IMDB Queued -> Pull NZBs for all movies that meet a mix of Genre and Year criteria (rating criteria ignored, year criteria is a "max" year as opposed to min year in the general "IMDB Good" settings).  Script places these movies in a separate location to be manually reviewed and manually moved to the watch folder once the user confirms s/he is interested.
IMDB BAD -> We never download these even if they happen to meet some other criteria above.

I realize some of this is obvious, but I figured after I started asking questions about 1 or 2 of these, I'd just as well write it all out so that it's clear to future visitors what each one does.  Assuming it's correct, feel free to lift this for updating your readme or the first post.

Again, thanks!
ok long post but questions are good hehe :-)

yes your structure is supported but you will need to make sure the movie folder name matches the imdb movie name exactly, this is the only easy way of checking to see if you have the movie already, so there maybe a bit of work for you to do there, but hey, if you want it all clean then its not too much of a hassle :-). a quick note it doesnt care what the actual movie file is called and the script wont rename the movie file itself. you will need to define where your "hd movies dir" is located by putting an entry in the config.ini and the script will then check the root folder for any folders with matching movie names.

and in a word yes to your summary of the order of preference etc thats exactly how it works with two exceptions:-

1. the rating of the movie is not ignored for imdb queued, it still uses the good rating value
2. good checks (country, genre, language etc) ALL have to match for the movie to be considered "good" and therefore downloaded to the watched folder, the only exceptions are goodchar/actor/director/title which will skip any checks apart from the sd_folders hd_folders checks, i may set these apart into a "favorites" section of their own i think on my next release to make it clearer.

i hope this helps!.
aldinach

Post by aldinach »

Thanks, very helpful.
aldinach

Post by aldinach »

Hi again.  A few more questions for when you have time please.

1) Is it possible to enhance the output of the log file generated so that next to each name it says whether it was/was not downloaded and if not, what failed?
or
2) Is it possible to just have the entire contents of each run of the script echo to a log file in addition to the log generated now.  I usually watch it when it runs, but I would like to be able to look back through the entire log of the script's actions to see exactly what is happening. 

If this is a pain for you to look into, can you just point me to the part of the script where the logging is mentioned and I'll monkey around with it a bit on my own?

Finally, for the part of your script that compares file names against the IMDB movie name, is it possible to add a filter to that regex comparison so that it ignores things like bluray, blu-ray, dvd, etc. in a movie title name?  The movie software I use (XBMC) requires bluray, dvd, etc. in the movie title name in order to trigger a few things in the XBMC GUI correctly, so my names will never match exactly to IMDB given that each ends with either blu-ray, bluray, or dvd.

Thanks again.
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Binhex

The script is downloading great but I'm having to clean up folders within folders. I know this has nothing to do with your script, Its the way the File was uploaded but maybe someone can help with a cleanup script. problem examples below

Movie Name/cover/*.jpg
Movie Name/CD1/*cd1.avi
Movie Name/CD2/*cd2.avi

or

Movie Name/Movie/*.avi

I have to manually move the avi around and delete folders a script would be great

Any info would be great

J03
Jim

Post by Jim »

this looks promising.

just a few quick questions.

can this script be used as a watchlist for movies?
like, just add imdb number and the script will download it automatically?

can you set the default quality for each movie?
sd, screener, promo, R5, hd720, hd1080 etc

can you add the movies to a sabnzbd category?

oh, it would be great if you could turn off the good / bad definitions just like you can turn off preferred definitions.
Last edited by Jim on June 20th, 2010, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.