nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
binhex

Re: nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org automated movie downloader

Post by binhex »

ok osx/linux guys source code available in first post in this thread.

remember you will need to install the mechanize module, modify path names in the config.ini to linux pathnames and replace or remove the notification line in the config.ini (cmd /c msg console). also you will need to alter the ping command as one of the flags doesnt work with linux, i think there is something about it in this thread, have fun, and remember i am programming novice so please be kind, im sure there are much better ways of doing things, any suggestions/modifications very gladly recieved  ;)
snigs

Post by snigs »

Hey binhex, cracking script here fella!

Couple of questions on search strings and return results.
I've noticed in the code that relates to nzbmatrix you can specify the min/max size of the files to be returned. Is this possible for the nzbs code snippet?
I see a line that relates to rss feed size but I'm not sure if this relates to actual file size.

also, what would be the index number for "all categories" on nzbs? Mainly due to the decreased amount of search results because of poor tagging i need to search in everything. For example i want to download files labelled with BRrip/BDrip with a file size between 1.5 and 3Gb, searching in "everything" returns more results than the "BRrip" category.

Cheers dude!
binhex

Post by binhex »

snigs wrote: Hey binhex, cracking script here fella!

Couple of questions on search strings and return results.
I've noticed in the code that relates to nzbmatrix you can specify the min/max size of the files to be returned. Is this possible for the nzbs code snippet?
I see a line that relates to rss feed size but I'm not sure if this relates to actual file size.

also, what would be the index number for "all categories" on nzbs? Mainly due to the decreased amount of search results because of poor tagging i need to search in everything. For example i want to download files labelled with BRrip/BDrip with a file size between 1.5 and 3Gb, searching in "everything" returns more results than the "BRrip" category.

Cheers dude!
answer to your first question is yes it does relate to MINIMUM file size, or to be more exact it relates to the minimum entire size of the file(s) that the nzb references, for example if you specify 1400 MB then the MIN entire size of the download must be 1400 MB (1.4GB) or more for a match.

i currently haven't specified a max size for nzbs.org, but this could be added in a next release if required.

if you want to search all categories then remove the number, so your line in the config.ini should look like this:-

nzbs_rss_cat=""

ive not tested this but it looks like if you want to seerch all of nzbs.org then you just leave the category number out.

i hope this helps, and thanks for the compliment im glad your enjoying my script :-).
Last edited by binhex on July 13th, 2010, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
snigs

Post by snigs »

yep, i think that might be a good addition. for space conscious user likes me who require a good quality file but dont want to download files over 3Gb or so it's a must. I can see this is already implemented in the nzbmatrix code snippet but as the site has been up and down a bit recently its always good to have a second source to rely on.

cheers again man, legend ;)
snigs

Post by snigs »

Oh. And I forgot to ask; can you specify more than one search string? Or do all your search requirements have to be contained within a single string?
Also, can you only specify one site to search or both?
Last edited by snigs on July 13th, 2010, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binhex

Post by binhex »

snigs wrote: Oh. And I forgot to ask; can you specify more than one search string? Or do all your search requirements have to be contained within a single string?
Also, can you only specify one site to search or both?
umm nope you cant specify more than one string, can i ask why you would want to do this?, you should be able to filter out anything you do/dont want using the single string, if your not sure how to do this let me know and will post some examples for you.

you can only specify one index site, to be honest i think you will find both nzbmatrix and nzbs.org have very similar content.

binhex.
snigs

Post by snigs »

Hey binhex,

An example string would he great thanks fella!
For example, I want to grab anything that has BRRip or BDRip or 720p in it. But would also like to ignore any telesyncs/cines/r5 etc etc

I'm guessing it would be something like...

"brrip+bdrip+720p+-ts+-tc+-telesync..." etcetc

Is this correct.

Thanks again for your help dude, I'm slowly getting there ;)
snigs

Post by snigs »

hmmmmm i'm trying all sorts of variations on search strings and I cant seem to get it to run how i would like it.

basically i want to grab all films that are dropped into the BRRip category ("54") that have a size between 1.4gb and 3.5gb.

I want the search string to be either or of the terms "BRRip" / "BDRip" / "720p" / "1080p" / "HDTV"

i've tried a number of variations on the following while also using wildcards

"BDRip+BRRip+720p+1080p+HDTV"
also
"BDRip*+BRRip*+720p*+1080p*+HDTV*"

however, using this formula will only ever return the first term in the string. (Obv. trying different variations on this string returns different results)

What am I doing wrong? Its an either or result I'm after...

Thanks again
binhex

Post by binhex »

snigs wrote: hmmmmm i'm trying all sorts of variations on search strings and I cant seem to get it to run how i would like it.

basically i want to grab all films that are dropped into the BRRip category ("54") that have a size between 1.4gb and 3.5gb.

I want the search string to be either or of the terms "BRRip" / "BDRip" / "720p" / "1080p" / "HDTV"

i've tried a number of variations on the following while also using wildcards

"BDRip+BRRip+720p+1080p+HDTV"
also
"BDRip*+BRRip*+720p*+1080p*+HDTV*"

however, using this formula will only ever return the first term in the string. (Obv. trying different variations on this string returns different results)

What am I doing wrong? Its an either or result I'm after...

Thanks again
ok interesting, i had only been positively matching one string 720p so hadn't tried matching multiple positive strings, looks like the trick is to use the %2B as the seperator for positive matches, ive updated by config.ini with an example:-

#nzbmatrix filter search terms
#valid values:- used to filter search results seperate positive terms with "%2B" and negative terms by "+-"
#e.g. This will match 720p and 1080p movies and ignore any hdtv, telecine, telesync encoded movies 720p%2B1080p+-hdtv+-tc+-ts
nzbmatrix_search="%2B720p+-hdtv+-tc+-ts+-rc+-line+-telesync+-telecine+-3d"

so for you snigs it would be as follows:-

"%2BBDRip%2BBRRip%2B720p%2B1080p%2BHDTV"

give it a try, seems to work for me, let me know how you get on  ;D

binhex.
Last edited by binhex on July 18th, 2010, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snigs

Post by snigs »

hey binhex,

thanks for the reply dude, it seems like this is one step closer to the mark!

does nzbmatrix impose a cap on search terms returned via scripts or only return results of a cetain age or something? Because while your updated script does seem to return a closer result it doesnt seem to reurn the results you would see on a direct search on the site.

for example using the script it will return a number of results (mostly BRRip but a few bdrip/hdrip/hdtv results scattered in there). but if i do a similar search on the site it seems to be returning MORE results. I am taking into account results that would be excluded due to imdb filters (you would see if these are rejected in the console right?) and also the size range filter I have imposed. yet i'm still seeing a better result doing a manual search on the site.

its mighty perplexing. however, thanks for putting the time in on this one, it is very much appreciated!

snigs
snigs

Post by snigs »

Just as an update I'm doing a quick fix by running five instances of the executable. Each searches for a different term but all point towards the same log folders to avoid downloading duplicates.
This picks up a larger amount of results that I would be happy sorting through when get home in the evening.
I'll see if.I can fernangle the config file into grabbing what I need with o e instance though and let you know

Cheers binhex :)
binhex

Post by binhex »

snigs wrote: Just as an update I'm doing a quick fix by running five instances of the executable. Each searches for a different term but all point towards the same log folders to avoid downloading duplicates.
This picks up a larger amount of results that I would be happy sorting through when get home in the evening.
I'll see if.I can fernangle the config file into grabbing what I need with o e instance though and let you know

Cheers binhex :)
i would really advise against running multiple instances of the downloader, not only could this cause the downloader to crash but more importantly it could very eassily get you banned due to excessive hits on the site. the script is designed to process the first page of results only not any subsequent pages so this maybe why your not seeing as many results, also keep in mind you probably are doing a language filter so you will only see english movies being processed. the script is not designed as a way of searching for all items matching X, its designed to process the latest postings on the index site and then check against imdb for certain criteria.

im a little confused by your stement "This picks up a larger amount of results that I would be happy sorting through when get home in the evening." , the script is doing all the processing for you by searching imdb for certain criteria, thats the idea of the script so you shouldnt need to "process" the cache log manually.

binhex.

p.s snigs take a look at my string example in the previous few posts as ive modified the post as i got it slightly wrong, for a positive match you dont want "+" signs between key words, so your string should be:-

"BDRip%2BBRRip%2B720p%2B1080p%2BHDTV"

try it i think you will find that it works, i really think you should shutdown the other downloader processes asap.

binhex.
Last edited by binhex on July 16th, 2010, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
snigs

Post by snigs »

Hey hey,

sorry i guess i should explain myself a bit better  ;D

I have 5 instances of the executable. Each one runs only ONCE per day and at different hours than the others. So one at 9am then one at 10am then one at 11am etc...
So therefore i am only hitting nzbmatrix 5 times per day (which is probably less than if i was browsing manually).

as for the search results that explains why I am seeing fewer results than expected. i thought this trawled back through the entire backlog.
However, if i run the search string you specify I still see less results than with the current configuration of instances I am running now. Which is mighty puzzling.

oh and when i say sorting through i am not manually processing the log files. i mean i am looking at the files I have downloaded and thinking "hmmmmm the mrs will like that one, but this one is for my collection" (we have seperate xbmc profiles for ourselves and for different rooms in the house - dont particularly want our flatmates to see our entire library *ahem*)

cheers dude
Last edited by snigs on July 16th, 2010, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
binhex

Post by binhex »

snigs wrote: Hey hey,

sorry i guess i should explain myself a bit better  ;D

I have 5 instances of the executable. Each one runs only ONCE per day and at different hours than the others. So one at 9am then one at 10am then one at 11am etc...
So therefore i am only hitting nzbmatrix 5 times per day (which is probably less than if i was browsing manually).

as for the search results that explains why I am seeing fewer results than expected. i thought this trawled back through the entire backlog.
However, if i run the search string you specify I still see less results than with the current configuration of instances I am running now. Which is mighty puzzling.

oh and when i say sorting through i am not manually processing the log files. i mean i am looking at the files I have downloaded and thinking "hmmmmm the mrs will like that one, but this one is for my collection" (we have seperate xbmc profiles for ourselves and for different rooms in the house - dont particularly want our flatmates to see our entire library *ahem*)

cheers dude
hi snigs, thats good news your only running each process once a day, i was just a bit concerned you were hammering the website, thats fine in that case, sorry if i sounded a bit short, but i was concerned you might get banned  :).

ok firstly i have tweaked the string you should use, as i found you needed to prefix the first keyword with %2B as well otherwise it doesnt take effect, this is THE definitive string, you should be able to cut it down to one process only with this string ;D

"%2BBDRip%2BBRRip%2B720p%2B1080p%2BHDTV"

i have spotted a error in my regex for the imdb link which was causing a couple of search results not to match, this will be corrected in my next release 1.1.3, so looks out for that, this is only effecting a small percentage of search results.

i have run my script using the above string and compared it to a search result on the site and they both match perfectly (after the regex fix) so im 100% happy it is now processing all movies for your defined string.

binhex.
snigs

Post by snigs »

that my friend is freaking awesome!

I will cut back to one instance and update the search string when I get home later.

Thanks for all this dude, this application now does exactly what I need it do. You sir are a scholar and a gent  ;D