AppleTV Movies and TV Show script for Mac

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
randyharris

Re: AppleTV Movies and TV Show script for Mac

Post by randyharris »

doh!

So I hadn't done a second copy like for an iPhone in a long time, some where along the way as I changed things around it buggered up the ability for the script to do a second copy.

As time permits I'll try and troubleshoot this and get it functional once again.
stevodevo

Post by stevodevo »

Bugger, but I'm glad it wasn't me!  I couldn't get it to work either, so have just been manually making a lower res copy and then using the CNid to match the two together into an HDSD version in iTunes!  Takes a while, but better than nothing!
jamesvdm

Post by jamesvdm »

Just bringing up a previous point someone made -

Is it possible to add the smarts so it only remuxes h264 mkvs?
Greatcoco

Post by Greatcoco »

Hi,
I'm trying to install this script on a mac mini server with Lion Server ..... look like that a library corrupt the lydd cache because as soon as i install the package , the system logs start to show a lot of error about libz.1 not in the path and all the programs using it like Finder,Terminal,start to crash... Only solution so far is to restore via Time Machine.And unfortunately to not install the packages :(

I guess the library / packages are not yet build for 10.7

Here is the error listed in install.log

Sep 8 16:59:56 miniserver02 installd[87823]: PackageKit: update_dyld_shared_cache -overlay /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/Cleanup At Startup/PKInstallSandbox-tmp/Root
Sep 8 16:59:59 miniserver02 installd[87823]: update_dyld_shared_cache failed: could not bind symbol _sandbox_container_path_for_pid in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSandbox.framework/Versions/A/AppSandbox expected in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppSandbox.framework/Versions/A/AppSandbox
Sep 8 16:59:59 miniserver02 installd[87823]: update_dyld_shared_cache exited with 1

Anybody manage to install it under Lion. The lion server is a new install from scratch ( so no upgrade from Snow Leopard)

Thanks in advance for your advice / help
Greatcoco
randyharris

Post by randyharris »

Very sorry for this bugaboo. I did a Lion upgrade and had no issues.
Greatcoco

Post by Greatcoco »

Ho the master of this nice script :)

I have try several times after several reinstall, i can be a guinea pig if needed. This is a new mac server 2011 so he come directly with Lion. Maybe doing the upgrade of snow leopard to lion keep the Snow leopard library or retain some sort of compatibility.

Beware anyway if you try as it put the systems in bad shape ,i can give logs file if needed (i can survive with few more reinstall :))

I'm missing this script :( I was hoping to transcode faster with the help of the core i7...

Greatcoco
mindtouch

Post by mindtouch »

I reinstalled my OS and need to reinstall the iTunes Script but the links appear to be dead.

Is there a link somewhere that I am not seeing? Thanks for everything.
seiryu

Post by seiryu »

Where can I download the current version of this script? The link in the original post contains a DMG with a script from April 2010 and reviewing this thread there have been subsequent updates. The various links I find into files.me.com are all dead.

Question regarding how the processing is actually done... I've been reading that many AVI files already have the video and audio tracks in a format that allows them to be quickly repackaged into an MP4 for playback. A tool I've been looking at is avidemux - does the handbrake processing recognize this and do the same thing or does the conversion process take a while?
Efrantz23

Post by Efrantz23 »

Is anyone still working with this or on this? I'm looking to re-attack this for my new aTV2.
djwazzy

Post by djwazzy »

Bump

Does someone have the updated script files handy that they could upload? The links in this thread no longer work for the most recent versions
mindtouch

Post by mindtouch »

Also interested in an updated link, thanks!
yaryarrr

Post by yaryarrr »

I'd really appreciate an active link as well! I had this set up perfectly but had to do a clean install.
herko

Post by herko »

Yeah, I'd really like a link to a working version of this script too! SABnzbd runs on my netgear ultranas, and I'd love the movies and tv series to be converted and added to my iTunes library. I now use Plex which is great but I've got some serious buffering issues that make just about any movie unwatchable on my ATV2 as it buffers every 5 secs. Since iTunes doesn't do the live encoding thing but serves them in a compatible format...

Come think of it, it would be enough just to convert the files to n ATV2-compatible format so plea can serve it as is...

Anyways, an update is really appreciated!
herko

Post by herko »

still nothing??
randyharris

Post by randyharris »

Where did he go…

I'm right here. :)

Sorry to those that expected me to update this for them to use. Life is busy and I've not done it.

I did a clean install of Mountain Lion on an external drive and then ran the install for my AppleTV script for SAB and it killed the install, couldn't even boot into GUI.

So here's the thing, there are a couple of GUI tools that are really impressive.

VideoDrive is a wonderful workflow video app that can be setup to do essentially everything my script did for movies and TV. Bart, the dev, says that they will be working on adding more re-muxing options instead of re-encoding like it does today. Which brings me to my second application.

MKV2M4V is a rocking little app. It will take any MKV and re-mux it as an M4V, even converting DTS audio to AC3 5.1 The Dev has taken my request and will be making it more automator friendly. So for now I'm going to be entirely bailing on my old script and using MKV2M4V via automator and folder actions. Once SAB puts a completed video into a folder, a folder action will launch MKV2M4V and re-mux it and then it will put it into another folder where Identify will open it for tagging. And all I'll need to do it check the tag, commit the file and drop in my 'Automatically Add to iTunes' folder. Done.

The great thing about re-muxing is that it takes about 4 minutes for a 5GB movie instead of hours of re-encoding. Hallelujah.

Ideally I would love to be able to script MKV2M4V, send all h264/x264 TV and Movies to it for re-muxing and send everything else to VideoDrive for re-converting. But for now this will work.

btw - I'm sure that the functions of MKV2M4V are all quite possible to perform via terminal with MP4Box and FFMPEG but it's a tough one to figure out for me, so I'm not going to sweat automating it to the Nth degree right now, and besides, if the dev of VideoDrive manages to get the functions of MKV2M4V baked into VideoDrive - then I'll be able to run everything through it anyway.

If you're wondering how an MKV can be re-muxed into an M4V, know that I only grab 720P/1080P TV and Movies which are for the most part all High Provile 4.1 x264 video with generally AC3 5.1 for TV and either the same or DTS for movies. This makes it FAST AND EASY to just re-mux them into an M4V, with possible conversion of the audio track which takes just a couple of minutes. Another added benefit is you don't get further degradation of the video file from re-converting it. Yes the file size is bigger, but hey drives are cheap.

Cheers.